Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2022, 13:23   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: License Renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I got my driving license renewed and I can't believe the speed of Delhi transport department. They should get an overspeeding ticket for this..
Great - am trying to get this done for myself. In Kerala, I need to upload a eye test report as well.

All these done except the photo & signature upload -- when I try, the page refreshes, but I dont see my photo or signature coming up !

Any ideas what could be wrong ? I dont get any error messages though.

PS : Also, while the DL renewal is processing, can we still drive around ? Is there a grace period for the DL ? Or should we drive only after getting the new one?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st June 2022 at 13:35.
Old 1st June 2022, 13:32   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
All these done except the photo & signature upload -- when I try, the page refreshes, but I dont see my photo or signature coming up !
I think option to upload photo & signature appeared in the next step after uploading other documents.

Please see this video and even if you don't understand Hindi, please see it at 6:43 and you will understand.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 1st June 2022 at 13:38.
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 13:38   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I think option to upload photo & signature appeared in the nest step after uploading other documents.

Please see this video and even if you don't understand Hindi, please see it at 6:43 and you will understand...
Thanks - I have already uploaded other documents and it was all smooth. However, when I try to upload photo and signature, I hit a dead end.

I just checked and see my photo and signature scans have a slight "pixel" variation and could be the reason - will correct it and try.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 16:21   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Good news for MH: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/91930057.cms
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 18:43   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Renewing KL license online

How to renew a Kerala License Online

So, my license was expiring on Jun 02, 2022 and since am based in Chennai, wanted to pursue the online process.

Also, few years back, I wanted to add the commercial license too and ended up paying a 2000/- to a driving school who didn't do anything other than giving a form to fill up. Till date, I dont know why did I pay that hefty amount when I had to fill up the form myself, get the medical report done myself, submit the form myself and also collect the new appended license myself after taking a token in the morning and coming back in the afternoon to collect the card.

I was very sure I dont want to pay these useless guys if I have to do all the work myself and I understood they were charging a 2000/- for DL renewal service as well. I posted on this very thread and hardly any good pointers, so I thought I'll create a report to help someone who want to pursue and save some money. Please note that this post will issue details only for the Kerala licenses and the process may vary a little for other RTOs.

Verdict:: ITS SOO SOOO EASY !!

Documents required : (Some websites mention that only those who are above 40 need a vision test report but NO ! Everyone needs a vision report done irrespective of the age)
  1. Vision test report / Medical report (Form 1A) - Self attested.
  2. Photograph scan
  3. Signature scan
  4. Self attested license copy - self attested
  5. Self attested address copy (if you need a change in address)

There are few centres who'll do the vision test report and you can get the medical report from some government doctors (Ask around and you'll be guided as to who'll do it)

Step # 1 : Go to Parivahan website --> Select "Apply for DL Renewal"

https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sar...iHomePublic.do

Step # 2 : Fill up all the relevant details (you need not complete all the steps at once. Once you initiate the process, the form saves and gives you an application number, which you can use to retrieve the next time you want to fill up other details)

https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sar...lViewStatus.do

[Good thing - you get an SMS with the application number and save it for future references]

Step # 3 - Upload all scanned copy of documents; ensure that the size is under the guidelines (you can use online tools to compress the images / re-size)

Step # 4 - make the payment. Since I had to make changes to my address, I had to pay additional 200/- + taxes (My total expense was 775/- for DL related charges + 6/- for CC charges)

Step # 5 - Submit the form. Now, your part is done. Wait for RTO to process the form - you'll get updates as SMS.

Challenges faced

I struggled with the photo & signature upload and almost spent a day trying to understand what was wrong. A friend helped with the specifications and though it was right, the images didn't load after uploading the pics. Finally did a fresh image + signature and used below online tool to get the pics in desired specification and tried again - Voila : DONE !!

https://imageresizer.com/

Finished the payment at 7.15 PM or so on 01 Jun (Wednesday), the process kick started (at RTO) on 02 Jun (Thursday)11 AM, all processes completed by 4 PM; you regularly get SMS notification as stages progress.

By 6 PM, I see my details are updated on Parivahan website and mParivahan app - Am so happy that I got this done by byepassing the middle agents and saved close to 1500/- in the process.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd June 2022 at 18:52.
swiftnfurious is online now   (28) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 14:20   #276
BHPian

I have a year left to renew my driving license but I wanted to get it online to create virtual DL in mParivahan app. Since, Backlog entry has to be done in person in TN, I visited Chennai South West (TN10) RTO last Thursday and provided my DL copy (it was signed by the PRO at the entrance desk, was asked to write my mobile number and blood group, just 2 mins work) and they told it will take 2 days to be available online. It was available by the weekend and added the Virtual DL in mParivaahan app.

However the blood group is showing as U

I was also told in RTO office that TN has also implemented Contactless/Faceless DL services like renewals. So I can renew my license next year without visiting the RTO. Hope they allow the online request for Backlog entry too so that one visit can be eliminated.
thanixravindran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 15:24   #277
BHPian

Reading about easy online license renewal process, I was trying to find out if I can renew my license (MH43, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra) which is expiring next month. However, on first step itself I had a breakdown
Problem seems to be what is called "DL backlog" on Parivahan Sarthi website, that is Maharashtra RTO has not uploaded my license data on Parivahan site. Would like to know if any of the fellow members have experienced this, and if so what is the way out.
From my side, I tried various ways - entering my license number in different ways etc. but with no avail. My license was issued in 2005, and hence I'm using this format (MH43200500XXXXX), which is correct according to me.
Also tried adding my license number in the Parivahan site - but alas, MH RTO doesn't allow public to edit the backlog. Since Parivahan site provides this option, I reckon, other state RTO may be allowing it.
If someone who has done DL renewal online for Maharashtra/ MH can throw some light on this.
Thanks in advance
MiKeMo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 16:58   #278

My license is expiring on 4 July 2022. The present address is in Chennai central RTO TN-01. I want it to be changed to my new address in South Chennai TN-07. Went to the RTO and they said to renew it online with an address change and the new one will be delivered home in 3 days.
But I am stuck on the Aadhar authentication. My old license just has my name and initial. Aadhar card has the full name and Iam not able to proceed further.
Went to RTO again he says proceed without Aadhar authentication, but i dont see an option.
Any idea how to go about it .
Old 7th June 2022, 18:50   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKeMo View Post
Problem seems to be what is called "DL backlog" on Parivahan Sarthi website, that is Maharashtra RTO has not uploaded my license data on Parivahan site.
If someone who has done DL renewal online for Maharashtra/ MH can throw some light on this.
Mine was the same case as yours. I had the old paper printed pink colored DL. I guess yours must be the same. The data for those times is not present in the website database.
There is no other option than to visit RTO with all the required forms and documents and do it offline. Such DL cannot be renewed online as of now in Maharashtra. I had to get it done through an agent.
Knightrider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 06:37   #280
BHPian

Re: Renewing KL license online

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How to renew a Kerala License Online

Step # 2 : Fill up all the relevant details (you need not complete all the steps at once. Once you initiate the process, the form saves and gives you an application number, which you can use to retrieve the next time you want to fill up other details)

https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sar...lViewStatus.do

[Good thing - you get an SMS with the application number and save it for future references]
Is there an option to save the details? I tried submitting my application for DL Renewal (Maharashtra) and the process hanged at the point of e- KYC verification through Aadhar. Tried twice with the same result.

There was no option to save up to this point.

Regards
Old 9th June 2022, 10:46   #281
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a query on license renewal. I have a 2 wheeler license from West Bengal which is expiring next year. I currently reside in Greater Noida. Can I renew this license or need to apply for a fresh one.

Also I have a 4 wheel license issued at Delhi, which is due to expire in sometime. How will I be able to renew that. Same case I stay at Greater Noida now.
Old 9th June 2022, 13:46   #282

The online process is indeed incredibly smooth.

My license is expiring next week, and was originally approved out of Lucknow. Since I have moved to another city now, I simply logged on Saarthi website, and clicked on "Renewal of DL".
One can simply enter their current DL number (and DoB), and it pops up ALL the services that can be applied for that particular DL, depending on your new city/state.
The further process was pretty easy, simply select the services, upload relevant documents (PDFs also accepted), upload photo and signature, make the payment, and book an offline slot for document verification.
I got a slot for today, and had planned 3-4 hours for it (based on my 20 year old experience !), but NOPE. It hardly took 20 mins ! I was 3rd in line, there was a "dalal/handler" trying to get front of me. Gave him a piece of my mind, and literally shouted that I am going to complain against the RTO authorities in this room if he iw allowed to break the line - promptly order fell into place, and the RTO official asked everyone to be in queue.
The RTO guy took my photo, and verified everything on the spot, all within 5-8 minutes. I got an SMS confirming approval of my renewed license. The online application now says printing and dispatch are left.

All in all, smooth experience. If one knows how to use Facebook or Whatsapp, the Saarthi website is only marginally difficult. Everything is transparent, the whole ordeal costed me only 600 bucks (and a sweaty shirt).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidharthaN View Post
Hi All,

I have a query on license renewal. I have a 2 wheeler license from West Bengal which is expiring next year. I currently reside in Greater Noida. Can I renew this license or need to apply for a fresh one.

Also I have a 4 wheel license issued at Delhi, which is due to expire in sometime. How will I be able to renew that. Same case I stay at Greater Noida now.
Try doing it via https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sar...teSelection.do
Ideally, you should be able to do it from anywhere. No need to travel to original state. You will have to go to local RTO (in this case Greater Noida or Noida) for document verification.

Last edited by fatman2022 : 9th June 2022 at 14:07.
fatman2022 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 14:07   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidharthaN View Post
Hi All,

You have 2 different license, one each for different class of vehicles? How did this happen?
Sran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 17:47   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
I had the old paper printed pink colored DL. I guess yours must be the same.
Yes, mine is a paper one.
One more option I got to know from one friend. There is a separate form which can be filled up and submitted to MH RTO to get DL details uploaded in Parivahan website. Post which, I believe, one should be able to renew the license online. Though my friend did it by paying nominal amount to an agent, I'm tempted to try online route for my renewal. I'll post update once I do it.
Cheers!
MiKeMo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 22:39   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Renewing KL license online

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post
Is there an option to save the details?...
There was no option to save up to this point. ..
Nop, it's auto-save once you complete the first step or so. No additional option to "Save"; once the application number is raised, whatever the data you entered is all available.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks