Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2020, 18:35   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: License Renewal

If not already shared, folks who's licence is coming up for renewal, pls check on the MoRTH site if your DL details are showing up. If it doesnt, then there is an additional step to be done.

My old DL though had a chip, is not showing on the online records. AASI person called me up that he would do the extra step too. These guys are goood.

___

On another note:
My DL card had snapped in half sometime back. I thought, anyway I need to renew it soon- so why go for a duplicate card. Hence I got it laminated. But I hear that lamination is not to be done. There will be a small fee for this one too !! AASI said they will collect it later.
Old 27th December 2020, 17:02   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like GoI has issued notification that validity of DL / RC / Permits has been extended by 3 months upto March 31, 2021.
Old 25th January 2021, 21:31   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quick question guys:

Is it required to visit RTO in person for license renewal (talking specifically about Bangalore RTOs)?
Even if processing is done via an agent?
Old 25th January 2021, 21:51   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Quick question guys:

Is it required to visit RTO in person for license renewal (talking specifically about Bangalore RTOs)?
Got it done a year back with the help of an agent. Had to visit twice. First time for general (computer) and simulation test which gets you LL. And second time to drive in front of RTO inspector. Post this, DL was delivered home after 10-12 odd days.
Old 26th January 2021, 09:46   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Quick question guys:

Even if it's just renewal with no test needed, one has to visit personally for the photograph and finger printing.
rjainv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 19:59   #141
BHPian

Folks - is the original license needed for renewl ? Would a soft digi-locker version work.

I have lost my original license. Was thinking of renewing instead of getting a duplicate.

Expectedly have photocopies of original.
Old 26th January 2021, 20:10   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
Folks - is the original license needed for renewl ? ---
Original license need to be surrendered for renewal.
Old 27th January 2021, 16:00   #143
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for some clarification, please help.

My DL is still having few years till expiry. However, my address has changed to another state, so I am thinking of applying for address change.

My query is : What validity will my updated license have :
1. 20years
2. till 50years of age
3. the balance validity of my current license.

Some background info :
1. My photograph on license has faded and I now look quite different from older days, so photo update will be good.

2. My current DL data is available in Sarathi system. So, I expect no issues on that front.

3. I am closing in on 40 years of age, so if I apply now, self declaration for medical will be sufficient. No need to go for medical; though I don't have medical issues, but it's just another spot for corruption so want to stay away from that.
Old 27th January 2021, 16:10   #144
BANNED

@AutoNoob - responses below:
1) 20 yrs validity from the date of issue
2) You dont need medical certificate or even declaration. You can simply apply for "Change of address" and upload latest photo. If you have non-SMART DL, you will get SMART card based DL
3) You dont need any agents to pursue. Apply online, pay fees, take print out of acknowledgement and submit all the hard copies to your concerned RTO (place of residence as per your address proof)

Hope this helps, Thanks
tsr_83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 16:19   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Paid the fee at the counter, got my photo & signature taken, and I was out of there in 75 minutes. But this is Karnataka, the DL will take 20 days to process. But since I have the DL in Digilocker, I don't care about the delay.
Two months later, I finally collected my physical DL from the agent. My next renewal is just 3 years away because I am in my 50s.
Old 17th February 2021, 11:23   #146
BHPian

My driver license is up for renewal (Bangalore - Smart Card). I believe they need a medical certificate issued at a Govt hospital for the renewal. Is it mandatory to get it done from a govt hospital ?
Old 28th February 2021, 08:56   #147

Hello - One quick question. My License expired earlier this week. It was issued in 2002 from a different state. Currently I am in Bangalore. Is it possible to get the Backlog entry done in Bangalore? There's nobody at the place it was originally issue from and travelling there for this would be a hassle.

Any pointer please?

Thank you!
Old 28th February 2021, 11:47   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbiswal View Post
My driver license is up for renewal (Bangalore - Smart Card). I believe they need a medical certificate issued at a Govt hospital for the renewal. Is it mandatory to get it done from a govt hospital ?
If you go to the (for e.g. Kasturi Nagar) RTO, you will usually find a doctor nearby who will write you a certificate for a fee.

You can also engage an agent or go through a driving school if you want a hassle-free experience, although I hear that it is quite feasible to do the whole thing yourself.
Old 4th March 2021, 18:44   #149
BHPian

I am sharing this news here since I am unable to find a suitable thread for the same.

Quote:
Road & Transport Min (@MORTHIndia) launches Aadhaar-authentication based contactless services. Driving licence renewal, duplicate licence, registration application for vehicles will no longer require an RTO visit. These services will be available online via Aadhaar authentication
Source: https://twitter.com/CNBCTV18Live/sta...963850240?s=20

License Renewal-image0-1.jpeg
Ithaca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 11:10   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
I am sharing this news here since I am unable to find a suitable thread for the same.

Source: https://twitter.com/CNBCTV18Live/sta...963850240?s=20

I think this is a great initiative, i just hate going to government offices, this truly is a great use of technology and couldn't have come at a better time since my dad's license is due for renewal.

I cannot, however, figure out how to get it done online, all the news articles say it has started but where and how?
I looked through the Saarthi portal today and just filled the form and clicked next just to check what all documents they'll require to upload in that step but it just submitted my application and took me to the step where i'am required to make payment and then go to RTO for completion of application!
This particular process was always available and nothing new.

Then i noticed, the news articles mentioned this process is aadhar based, but they didn't ask for any documents in the sarthi portal, how do we link our driving license with our aadhar?
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks