Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2020, 19:31   #76
BHPian

Re: License Renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjainv View Post
If you are doing a renewal, you don't need to give driving test again. You do need to submit medical certificate. Glasses are not a issue.

If your current license is not in database, then the correct procedure is to go to issuing RTO, and get them to upload the details to online database, and then apply for renewal.
Thanks for the clarification.
I have DigiLocker where I have pulled quite a lot of government issued documents, including my driving license.
Old 25th August 2020, 21:55   #77
BHPian

Read in todays paper that validity of motor vehicle documents has been extended.

Driving License Validity Extended: Centre extends validity of motor vehicle documents till December 31 | India Business News - Times of India https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/77721597.cms
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 04:10   #78
BHPian

Hey, is it possible (and safe) to actually apply for a learner's license at this point of time in B'lore? How about within the next couple of months? Haven't been to get info on this, thanks!
Old 13th October 2020, 06:39   #79
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone in Bangalore had their driving license renewal done recently ? Please do share the experience.

Wifey's driving license needs to be renewed, so wondering if the process needs to be initiated on the Vahan portal and payment made before visiting the local RTO office.
Old 13th October 2020, 11:13   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Hey, is it possible (and safe) to actually apply for a learner's license at this point of time in B'lore? How about within the next couple of months? Haven't been to get info on this, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Has anyone in Bangalore had their driving license renewal done recently ? Please do share the experience.

Wifey's driving license needs to be renewed, so wondering if the process needs to be initiated on the Vahan portal and payment made before visiting the local RTO office.
Refer to this earlier post (License Renewal). The application has to be done online either directly by you or through an agent who is familiar with the site (for people who are not comfortable dealing with websites and uploads).
Please note that a valid medical certificate is mandatory for license renewal irrespective of the age.

I am quite sure you can renew and also apply for a new learner's license as well. It's a pretty straight forward process and you need to set aside half a day for this.

Please DM me if you need any further details.
hellraizer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 12:33   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
Refer to this earlier post (License Renewal). The application has to be done online either directly by you or through an agent who is familiar with the site (for people who are not comfortable dealing with websites and uploads).
Please note that a valid medical certificate is mandatory for license renewal irrespective of the age.

I am quite sure you can renew and also apply for a new learner's license as well. It's a pretty straight forward process and you need to set aside half a day for this.

Please DM me if you need any further details.
Thank you, but I've already joined a driving school and gotten my learner's too.
Old 3rd November 2020, 16:05   #82
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally found time to start working on the process for Wifey's license renewal and hit an error on the Parivahan site almost immediately!

Any idea what needs to be done now ?

Why this message is displayed ? Wondering if it means there are one or more Drivers Licenses with the same number ?

Name:  DL Renewal Err on Parivahan.png
Views: 1273
Size:  41.8 KB

Last edited by NPV : 3rd November 2020 at 16:07.
Old 3rd November 2020, 17:22   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Finally found time to start working on the process for Wifey's license renewal and hit an error on the Parivahan site almost immediately!

Why this message is displayed ? Wondering if it means there are one or more Drivers Licenses with the same number ?

Attachment 2075929
Mine has come for renewal and I spent a better part of a hour browsing and trying to understand the process of online procedure and finally after going around in circles, Parivaahan site says my records don't exist! (This despite 5 year old smart card license and no change in personal details), It then takes you to another site for DL backlog entry and here when I chose KA , it says this state is not approved for the same and does not allow for up load! Guess system is hard wired to go thru brokers!

Last edited by sumeet007 : 3rd November 2020 at 17:37.
Old 3rd November 2020, 17:54   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Thanks rjaniv and hellraizer for the details, unfortunately my license does not seem to be in the database. It takes me to a manual page to do data entry but Bangalore does not allow enduser to do the same.
Did some googling and found the below form thread

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...ngalore.33921/

Anyway heading over to the RTO to check out the options.
Did you get the license renewed finally? Is it possible to get it with out involvement of touts? The link you have shared above looks daunting if one does not have a post graduate degree in computer sciences ! Even if they had deliberately planned they couldn't have made the experience more convoluted!
20kb file upload is the limit, and he used no less than 3 different pieces of soft ware and formats! Just to stick to the principle of not paying to a middle man, the trouble is well worth I guess!
Old 3rd November 2020, 18:28   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet007 View Post
Did you get the license renewed finally?
Hi Sumeet, yes i did but i went via an agent. A friend helped.
Cost Rs 3300/-. I had passed on the information via WhatsApp to the agent.
Old License/ Aadhar card
My friend had come and physically collected my pic and old license.
Was given an appointment slot by the agent. Went to the RTO.
Waited for 30mins outside and then called in.
Process takes 15mins or so once inside.
Got the new license in 20 days.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 20:22   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get to know what did agent do to get older DL into the system?
What were the steps/process that you underwent at RTO ?
Old 3rd November 2020, 20:49   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sumeet, yes i did but i went via an agent. A friend helped.
Cost Rs 3300/-. I had passed on the information via WhatsApp to the agent.
Old License/ Aadhar card
My friend had come and physically collected my pic and old license.
Got the new license in 20 days.
Which RTO is this? I submitted mine for renewal on Oct 12 at KasturiNagar and the application status still says processing at RTO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet007 View Post
Mine has come for renewal and I spent a better part of a hour browsing and trying to understand the process of online procedure and finally after going around in circles, Parivaahan site says my records don't exist! (This despite 5 year old smart card license and no change in personal details), It then takes you to another site for DL backlog entry and here when I chose KA , it says this state is not approved for the same and does not allow for up load! Guess system is hard wired to go thru brokers!
DL backlog entry is pretty straightforward.
I got mine done at KA03 in September. Carry your original DL, 2 photocopies and an application letter for Backlog. Hand it over to the DL superintendent, (yes you have to stand in a queue). If the record is available it would just take 5 minutes to get done, they will write the new format DL number and hand it over.
If the record is not available you have to hand over the application and a photocopy, they will write a date on another photocopy as an acknowledgement. Check online after the date to see if the DL number appears online and is approved, else visit the same counter to get the task completed.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th November 2020 at 05:56. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:41   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Which RTO is this? I submitted mine for renewal on Oct 12 at KasturiNagar and the application status still says processing at RTO.
I live in North Bangalore, so my RTO is Yelahanka which has now moved to Singanayakanahalli.
I had done it on 8th Sept and got the License by end of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjainv View Post
Did you get to know what did agent do to get older DL into the system?
What were the steps/process that you underwent at RTO ?
Not fully sure what the agent did but it was a two step process as i had to get my address changed also.
So the old license had to be updated in the previous RTO - Yeswantpur.
Then appointment was taken in the Yelahanka RTO.

On the Day of the RTO visit.
Appointment was scheduled for 10:45am.
I reached by 10:30am and contacted the person.
I was informed to wait near the entrance on the right hand side.
By 11:15am he comes out and hands over the computer token which allows you enter the RTO.
Once in the RTO , he handed over all the documents to me and i was guided to stand in the line to have my Digital photo and signature taken.
Once that is done, you are guided to another counter to hand over the documents and then to the final counter.
So total of 3 counter visits.

The agent is actually one of the driving schools, as they stamp was there on the forms.

Personally I felt the process was smooth but it did cost be Rs 3300/-.
Old 5th November 2020, 16:29   #89
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will be visiting the RTO office soon to find out what are the next steps.

Meanwhile, I found this news item about similar cases from the Ahmedabad RTO - apparently they've lost the data of many license holders
Link
Old 19th November 2020, 11:27   #90
BHPian

I am currently out of Bangalore so not able to visit the RTO office directly to check why my DL is stuck.

Had applied online in Sept and finished all the steps early Oct. Since the last 2 weeks DL application is stuck in the same status. Wanted to know if anyone else faced the same issue ?
The RTO in this case is the Jayanagar RTO ?

This is my application status when in the system.

Name:  DL.png
Views: 1810
Size:  83.2 KB

Looks like it is a scam w.r.t. the DL renewal. They deliberately delay applications that do not come via an Agent. My friend applied for DL renewal via an Agent and got his DL in 2 weeks flat.

For the dispatch we have already submitted a pre-addressed stamped envelope. All they need to do is post it.

Last edited by Fillmore : 19th November 2020 at 11:30. Reason: added content

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks