Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2021, 21:31   #211

Re: License Renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
There is a way to check the status of the payment. I forget the navigation, it's a bit non-intuitive. Happened to me too, but the payment got confirmed in a few minutes (I checked on that site) and printed the receipt.

I suggest you check the status using the not-so-intuitive link.
It can be checked from two places on the site, using Application # and DOB
Attached Thumbnails
License Renewal-payment-status.jpg  

pdiwedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 09:10   #212
Oxy
BHPian

Thanks for the valuable guidance. I have now managed to make the payment and book a test slot.

Apologies for another noob question. Is the test going to be online or do I need to visit the RTO? This is for a new Learners License.
Old 12th November 2021, 09:44   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiwedy View Post
License Renewal Experience at KR Puram RTO (KA-53)
Received my DL on 09th Nov, although status on Sarathi shows processing at RTO - DISPATCH OF THE DL AND PSV BADGE

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th November 2021 at 22:31. Reason: Fixing broken quote tag.
Old 18th November 2021, 19:20   #214
Oxy
BHPian

Can someone possibly guide me on how to change address on a license issued in a different state? The parivahan site just does not allow me to change the present address, the State field is grayed out.
Old 18th November 2021, 21:47   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Today it moved to "Approval of Endorsements on DL" (counter: allotment info unavailable) though I got a message in the afternoon that it's approved.. Next stage shows printing of DL in form 7. Hope it moves faster..
did you get your license delivered? mine has just now moved to printing stage ..
Old 18th November 2021, 21:53   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
did you get your license delivered? mine has just now moved to printing stage ..
Yes, I got it on 09th Nov.

Quote:
License Renewal Experience at KR Puram RTO (KA-53)

Received my DL on 09th Nov, although status on Sarathi shows processing at RTO - DISPATCH OF THE DL AND PSV BADGE

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th November 2021 at 22:32. Reason: Fixing broken quote tag.
pdiwedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 13:30   #217
BHPian

Renewed Dad's driving license online yesterday. It was done on Sarathi online website and it took hardly an hour to complete. Dad recently turned 55 and his DL got expired. Last time he had done it from an agent and it costed around Rs. 2K. This time it costed around Rs.750 along with change of address.

He had got an eye test and medical certificate, from 1A attested from a medical practitioner. Along with that he filled up form 1, a self attested copy of Aadhaar and scanned copy of old DL. All these along with new photo and signature were uploaded. After uploading all of the above, payment was made. Now we are waiting for approval from RTO. The whole process was easy and we didn't require to pay any fee to agents. The conversion to online mode is good since it reduces multiple office visits along with payment to agents. Yes, it would mean job loss to agents but since this was a job which could have been done by anyone why should we pay an extra sum.
RR96 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 15:28   #218
Oxy
BHPian

Apologies for the noob question. I have booked a slot for learner's license test tomorrow. Do I need to visit the RTO or is it an online process?

This is at the KR Puram RTO, Bangalore.
Old 3rd December 2021, 15:46   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Can someone possibly guide me on how to change address on a license issued in a different state? The parivahan site just does not allow me to change the present address, the State field is grayed out.
Oxy - On the Parivahan website, when you first select your state, don't select the state in which the license was originally issued. You have to select the state where you are applying. I have helped 6 people within my family and friends' circles in the last 4-6 months getting license work done. DM me if you have any questions. Happy to help.

Parivahan website is very easy to navigate.
anandavinash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 15:58   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Apologies for the noob question. I have booked a slot for learner's license test tomorrow. Do I need to visit the RTO or is it an online process?

This is at the KR Puram RTO, Bangalore.
If the person already has a DL, they will just check the documents and issue LL. For that you have to visit the RTO.

Let me tell my case. I have a 4W DL (issued in Yeshwantpur) and had 2W DL (issued in Jayanagar). 20 years back I was not aware that one cannot have 2 licences - blame it partially on agent who did not mention it then.

2W DL expired in Sept this year. So the agent told me it is hassle to port it as my old 2W DL was not in the system. Instead I was asked to apply for new 2W DL and create a single one. I submitted the documents in Yeshwantpur RTO and was informed in the counter that I need not take tests as I already have 4W DL. For the rest, they have to go to other room where I saw they were given instructions.

After 20 years of holding 2W DL I am now having a LL again

DL test is scheduled this month...

Last edited by AltoLXI : 3rd December 2021 at 16:02.
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 15:06   #221
BHPian

Hi. Has anyone here recently renewed a driving license from MH01 (Mumbai Tardeo RTO) recently? Is it mandatory to visit the RTO? There was an announcement sometime last year or earlier this year that for driving license renewal or address change etc. it was no longer mandatory to visit the RTO and the process can be done online?

I've seen several videos on Youtube on the procedure etc but still unclear on the part of having to visit the RTO as there is a step to select an appointment date.

Would greatly appreciate any update from Mumbai folks.

Thanks
Vandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 16:54   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
I've seen several videos on Youtube on the procedure etc but still unclear on the part of having to visit the RTO as there is a step to select an appointment date.
Thanks
You have to visit the RTO at least one. This is for biometrics and photo. All the other procedures are done online, including fees payment.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 20:50   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR96 View Post
Renewed Dad's driving license online yesterday. It was done on Sarathi online website and it took hardly an hour to complete. Dad recently turned 55 and his DL got expired. Last time he had done it from an agent and it costed around Rs. 2K. This time it costed around Rs.750 along with change of address.

....Now we are waiting for approval from RTO.
Did you receive the renewed DL? How long did it take for the whole process post completing the online application?

I liked the faceless process which is enabled in KL, however the Sarathi portal to be honest is really non-intuitive. They really need to hire some good UI design folks. The following services are faceless in KL as per the popup notification.

License Renewal-screenshot-20211209-8.20.39-pm.png

I applied for an address change today as the address was not entered correctly (was done by the driving school back in 2008) and the physical DL is a bit damaged and thought why not get a new one. While feature wise, the portal is doing its job, it took me 20-30 min to actually complete the whole process online. They need the photo and signature in the right dimensions, and have ridiculous file size limits under 10-20 KB. Even though I had all documents scanned and ready, I had to first insert my signature to make it "self-attested", then make the file size within the limit (500 KB for docs). It is anyway better than physically visiting the RTO though.

License Renewal-screenshot-20211209-8.38.38-pm.png

The receipt format isn't updated for the new faceless process, as it says the docs need to be submitted at the RTO. Pricing wise, I felt its a bit high, but not a big deal. The other thing is, they are charging a user fee (I am assuming this is like a convenience fee for online submission), then why charge again for using the payment gateway? Shouldn't they be promoting digital payment modes.

Hopefully this gets processed and the new DL dispatched soon. Sorry for the rant, while I appreciate the online services, when designing such portals, there should be some importance given to UI/UX as well. It's not like the government is not capable of doing a decent job, the Covid vaccination portal is nicely done.

Last edited by varkey : 9th December 2021 at 20:51.
varkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 21:18   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Did you receive the renewed DL? How long did it take for the whole process post completing the online application?
I applied for an address change today as the address was not entered correctly (was done by the driving school back in 2008) and the physical DL is a bit damaged and thought why not get a new one. While feature wise, the portal is doing its job, it took me 20-30 min to actually complete the whole process online. They need the photo and signature in the right dimensions, and have ridiculous file size limits under 10-20 KB. Even though I had all documents scanned and ready, I had to first insert my signature to make it "self-attested", then make the file size within the limit (500 KB for docs). It is anyway better than physically visiting the RTO though.
I received the new license within a week through post. I didn't have to visit the office and don't remember whether it was mentioned. I had to renew the license and along with that I changed the address, I doubt whether you would have to hand over the old one to get new one with changed address.

Yes, the size and ratios for the signature and photo were a bit difficult to attain, also I ended up uploading a bit distorted signature. I hope they improve this in future. The convenience fee charged is fine when you compare it to high charges charged by agents.
RR96 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 12:01   #225
BHPian

Quote:
I received the new license within a week through post. I didn't have to visit the office and don't remember whether it was mentioned. I had to renew the license and along with that I changed the address, I doubt whether you would have to hand over the old one to get new one with changed address.
Great, that's quick. In my case too, looks like KL-40 SRTO is prompt as always. Got an SMS this morning at 10:13 AM saying my application has been verified successfully. Checked the application status on Vahan/Sarathi portal and all that's pending is printing and dispatch.

License Renewal-screenshot-20211210-11.33.54-am.png

Quote:
The convenience fee charged is fine when you compare it to high charges charged by agents.
True! Yep, this is a very welcome change.

Even prior to this I've always had a decent experience at KL-40 SRTO. In case of my father's DL renewal back in 2017 (prior to Vahan I think), I used the Kerala MVD portal to generate the forms, asked my father to get the eye and medical form filled up at a nearby government hospital. Submitted the forms at the SRTO and in couple of days received the renewed DL. Although I think had to pay a relatively high sum as fine (Rs 1000 or so) as its been more than 1 month or so since the DL expired.

KL-07 RTO on the other hand is probably still agent controlled (from an experience in 2017). My mother's DL was from KL-07 RTO which was issued in book form. The license was never digitised so the details weren't available in Kerala MVD website (prior to Vahan). When enquired at KL-40 SRTO, they advised to get it backfilled/digitised from KL-07 RTO and after that KL-40 SRTO folks can renew it right away. As I wasn't in Kerala, my mother and aunt visited the KL-07 RTO with the original book form license and requested for the data to be entered into the system. Almost everybody at the office was giving excuses saying this can't be done, you need to submit a request to find the original paperwork from the records room and get it digitised, which may or may not happen as the old records may not be available etc etc. They were saying this to couple of others who had come with a similar request as well.

However, luckily a senior officer at the RTO (don't remember his designation) came in after a while and he said he can help with this, and one by one he entered the details of the licenses to the system. There was no retrieval of details from records room or anything (these were just excuses by the first level officers to encourage agents), he just entered the details directly from the book form license that the people had brought. There was a small fee for this, which was paid and I could lookup the license details on the Kerala MVD website right away. The officer even shared the contact of his peer in KL-40 SRTO to reach out to in case of any issues during renewal. Generated the renewal forms through Kerala MVD portal, got the medical form done, and submitted the paper work at KL-40 SRTO after a day or two. Received the renewed DL within a week or so.
varkey is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks