Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2023, 16:14   #331
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: License Renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
On completing the form, I was provided with a pre-filled Form 1 (CMV FORM 1) with my application number and barcode as well. This one had to be self attested and submitted.

I did this for someone < 40 years of age. So Form 1 was sufficient. For the other side of 40, Form 1A is required. You will have a doctor available outside the RTO for this purpose. Regarding government doctor or not - there is no binary answer to this. Safer to go with the doctor available outside the RTO.
Unfortunately, the online workflow doesn't allow me to proceed without Form1A upload for fee payment and slot booking. So I guess I have to find the RTO doctor one day to avoid rejection and then proceed to pay fee and book a slot for another day
Old 1st September 2023, 14:04   #332
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Looks like I have the knack of getting struck for license renewal. I got the Form1A signed and uploaded and proceeded to fee payment.

Now instead of choosing Canara bank (which I thought as bank account), I chose some IHFTR option thinking it is a payment gateway which is Tamilnadu treasury. It generated a e-challan but no way to pay online. It just throws an unknown error.

Now sarathi website informs to contact the RTO for cancelling the payment challan else it is not allowing to pay the fee.

Does anyone know whether I can go to RTO and pay and get immediate appointment for photograph? Or should I visit any bank to pay the e-challan to treasury?
Old 1st September 2023, 14:36   #333
BHPian

I have a question. After one gets their license renewed, is the RTO giving a proper card as a license or are they giving an a4 printout ?
I’m asking as my mother recently got her license renewed and she was given an A4 printout to use.
This was done by the Kolkata RTO
Old 2nd September 2023, 20:43   #334
BHPian

If you are below 60, I think a self declaration is fine and you don’t need a doctors certificate. I recently got my license renewed and it’s a relatively painless process, and I am 42 years old.

However I asked for an address change in Chennai, and the new address was falling in another RTO jurisdiction - from KK nagar RTO to Sholinganallur RTO - and though the platform accepted the fee and didn’t say I needed a NOC from KK nagar, I was denied renewal and change of address without an NOC from KK nagar. I therefore had to get an NOC and go back, and pay the fee again.
Old 13th September 2023, 02:05   #335
BHPian

Re: Online License Renewal?

Is license renewal for Karnataka, fully online process?

My DL will get expired mid of november, this year. I am planning a trip to India, only by late december. So, would like to know, Is there any way, I can get my DL renewed online being outside India? If so, please guide me on how to go about the same.

No change in address OR RTO.
Old 13th September 2023, 10:19   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Is license renewal for Karnataka, fully online process?

My DL will get expired mid of november, this year. I am planning a trip to India, only by late december. So, would like to know, Is there any way, I can get my DL renewed online being outside India? If so, please guide me on how to go about the same.

No change in address OR RTO.
Yes it is a complete online process and you will have your DL renewed and delivered to your home in about 35 to 40 days. I just got mine renewed a couple of months back
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 10:21   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflop View Post
If you are below 60, I think a self declaration is fine and you don’t need a doctors certificate. I recently got my license renewed and it’s a relatively painless process, and I am 42 years old.
You need a doctors certificate. I got my DL renewed a couple of months back and I had to get the certificate. I am 55.
Old 17th September 2023, 05:13   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Yes it is a complete online process and you will have your DL renewed and delivered to your home in about 35 to 40 days. I just got mine renewed a couple of months back
So, how would they get the photo print on the card? Would they use the soft copy of photo with the application?
Also, how's the medical certificate provided in the online only, mode?

One can ONLY apply just a month before expiry. If the timeline to deliver is 35 to 40 days, would exceed the expiry date.

Last edited by JMaruru : 17th September 2023 at 05:15.
Old 17th September 2023, 13:07   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
So, how would they get the photo print on the card? Would they use the soft copy of photo with the application?
Also, how's the medical certificate provided in the online only, mode?

One can ONLY apply just a month before expiry. If the timeline to deliver is 35 to 40 days, would exceed the expiry date.
There are multiple scenarios. You can choose, Online form filing and submission at RTO or Online with Aadhar authentication.
It all depends on whether you have any updates to be done, aadhar matches with your DL name, address etc.
If your photo and signature appears on the DL, Vahan site, then there is no need of photo, the online form will have it. Else if entries are to be done via backlog entry, then you have to print out the form, affix photos etc and scan, upload. You would also require visit to RTO for photo and signature.

For medical, under 40 only a self declaration is sufficient which is available online. If over 40, the form needs to be printed out and signed by an authorised doctor and uploaded.

No acknowledgment is provided, the application and fee receipt can be used if stopped by police.

Typical turnaround time is 30 to 45 working days. If you need it approved earlier, you can approach the RTO DL Superintendent. I did that for my wife’s DL recently at KA03.

Suggest to start the online application one month in advance, it’s an easy process.
sansvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 17:47   #340
BHPian

Re: Renewing KL license online

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Step # 1 : Go to Parivahan website --> Select "Apply for DL Renewal"

https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sar...iHomePublic.do

Step # 4 - make the payment. Since I had to make changes to my address, I had to pay additional 200/- + taxes (My total expense was 775/- for DL related charges + 6/- for CC charges)

Could you elaborate little more on what address proof you provided and whether you used the Aadhaar based verification for your total online process of driving licence renewal and address change in the same application?

Another thread on the subject specifically states address on the driving licence and Aadhaar have to match.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd September 2023 at 23:18. Reason: Minor edit
Old 4th October 2023, 11:36   #341
BHPian

License Renewal - different RTOs for 'Issued by' for MCWG & LMV

Hi,
My first driving license (NT) was issued in Mumbai & it was an old paper based document. It started with MH02 and then rest of the number.
Both motor cycle and car in one document.
Later I got address change to Pune (smart card document) and recently got it renewed (smart card).
All this was done thru motor training schools who also do RTO work.

Back side of it now shows something like this

Quote:
Vehicle Class – Issued by - The original date when it was issued for the first time

MCWG – MH12 - First license issue date
LMV – MH02 – First license issue date
I do not understand why is this ‘issued by RTO authority’ now different for motor cycle and car?
Does anyone have any idea? I assume all is ok here!
Such details do not appear on the digilocker digital PDF though.
Thanks

Last edited by ravin93 : 4th October 2023 at 11:42.
Old 10th October 2023, 08:47   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
There are multiple scenarios. You can choose, Online form filing and submission at RTO or Online with Aadhar authentication.

For medical, under 40 only a self declaration is sufficient which is available online. If over 40, the form needs to be printed out and signed by an authorised doctor and uploaded.
I am out of country now, and wouldn't be able to visit in person for medical certificate.

Is a photo required on the medical form? Could the authorised doctor do a video verification, and approve the same? Please advise.
Old 25th October 2023, 16:58   #343
BHPian

Quote:
It all depends on whether you have any updates to be done, aadhar matches with your DL name, address etc.
If your photo and signature appears on the DL, Vahan site, then there is no need of photo, the online form will have it. Else if entries are to be done via backlog entry, then you have to print out the form, affix photos etc and scan, upload. You would also require visit to RTO for photo and signature.

No acknowledgment is provided, the application and fee receipt can be used if stopped by police.

Typical turnaround time is 30 to 45 working days. If you need it approved earlier, you can approach the RTO DL Superintendent. I did that for my wife’s DL recently at KA03.

Suggest to start the online application one month in advance, it’s an easy process.
Thanks for the detailed guidance and a mention of the timelines. I had applied to KA02 for my DL renewal on October 9th 2023. My license was expiring on 16th October. I am 38 and didn't have to get any document signed by the doctor and the process was fully online. I got a bit worked up as i was tracking this on a daily basis on the Parivahan Website and it just says Pending at RTO. I didn't know that the timeframe is about 30-45 working days (Could not find this information on the site). Looks like KA02 is a slower RTO as we have a FC renewal also pending here and the application doesn't seem to be moving. FC inspection of the vehicle was done on October 4th. However, a friend of mine who applied for FC on October 3rd at KA03 has already received his RC card. Additionally, i am unable to apply for HSRP without the FC being renewed.
Old 27th October 2023, 17:53   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelv View Post
Thanks for the detailed guidance and a mention of the timelines. I had applied to KA02 for my DL renewal on October 9th 2023. My license was expiring on 16th October. I am 38 and didn't have to get any document signed by the doctor and the process was fully online. I got a bit worked up as i was tracking this on a daily basis on the Parivahan Website and it just says Pending at RTO. I didn't know that the timeframe is about 30-45 working days (Could not find this information on the site). Looks like KA02 is a slower RTO as we have a FC renewal also pending here and the application doesn't seem to be moving. FC inspection of the vehicle was done on October 4th. However, a friend of mine who applied for FC on October 3rd at KA03 has already received his RC card. Additionally, i am unable to apply for HSRP without the FC being renewed.
The timelines are just approximate and vague as suggested by the officials. My recent experience for my wife’s DL renewal at KA03 is as follows.
Online faceless application: 1st week of Aug, a month before expiry.
Scrutiny: no progress until 2nd week of Sep, hence decided to visit RTO. DL superintendent approved immediately after submitting the original at the counter along with a copy of application in a file. At this point the official mentioned 30 working days as the typical timeframe for approval.
Printing of DL: 2 weeks (end of Sep)
Dispatch: 3rd week of Oct. received SMS of dispatch with tracking no, but tracking status did not show up on India post. Received the DL 5 days after dispatch delayed possibly due to Dasara holidays.
I understand it’s really frustrating to visit the Parivahan page everyday not knowing the status or lead times. Suggest to wait for 30 working days. The application itself would act as an acknowledgment in case stopped by Police.

Last edited by sansvk : 27th October 2023 at 18:00. Reason: Add info
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 18:45   #345
BHPian

Quote:
The timelines are just approximate and vague as suggested by the officials. My recent experience for my wife’s DL renewal at KA03 is as follows.
Online faceless application: 1st week of Aug, a month before expiry.
Scrutiny: no progress until 2nd week of Sep, hence decided to visit RTO. DL superintendent approved immediately after submitting the original at the counter along with a copy of application in a file. At this point the official mentioned 30 working days as the typical timeframe for approval.
Printing of DL: 2 weeks (end of Sep)
Dispatch: 3rd week of Oct. received SMS of dispatch with tracking no, but tracking status did not show up on India post. Received the DL 5 days after dispatch delayed possibly due to Dasara holidays.
I understand it’s really frustrating to visit the Parivahan page everyday not knowing the status or lead times. Suggest to wait for 30 working days. The application itself would act as an acknowledgment in case stopped by Police.
Thanks for the information. So i assume nothing will move until we go to the RTO and submit the original license that has expired? I thought this was not a requirement. i Submitted my application at KA02 on 09th October. Will wait for another week and then make a visit to the RTO. If they are expecting that the license should be returned, they should have mentioned this in the application to avoid such confusion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks