Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2022, 20:59   #256
BHPian

Re: License Renewal

Am I allowed to drive in India?

I have a valid Indian driving license which expires in Nov 2023 but no longer an Indian citizen.

I'm planning to visit India later this year and wanted to know if I can legally drive with my Indian license.
Old 19th April 2022, 22:14   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Am I allowed to drive in India?

I have a valid Indian driving license which expires in Nov 2023 but no longer an Indian citizen.

I'm planning to visit India later this year and wanted to know if I can legally drive with my Indian license.
Assuming you look like an Indian, I guess the cops wouldn't ask your passport anyway. As long as you have all the vehicle paperworks in order, you should be good.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 22:56   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Assuming you look like an Indian, I guess the cops wouldn't ask your passport anyway. As long as you have all the vehicle paperworks in order, you should be good.

Thank you rajshenoy. Looks like I can legally drive in India since I still have valid Indian DL.
Old 21st April 2022, 14:06   #259
BHPian

Any one tried Karnataka's online DL renewal process succesfuly? I have applied on March 14th, the status is still stuck at verifying documents (from day 1).
I was trying to avoid going to RTO.. Any one else had better experience?
Old 25th April 2022, 18:47   #260
Senior - BHPian

I got my driving license renewed and I can't believe the speed of Delhi transport department. They should get an overspeeding ticket for this.

This is a faceless service. It means, there is absolutely no need to visit the RTO (or someone vising you).

On 19th April, I casually logged in to check the process and filled the form. I was required to pay Rs.400 online and upload:

1. Form 1A (Medical certificate filled in by a registered medical practitioner
2. My passport size photograph
3. Scanned copy of my signature.

I was in no hurry so I took my time and got Form 1A signed from a nearby doctor and uploaded these documents on 23rd April (Saturday).

And today (25th April Monday), I am getting SMSs every couple of hours about latest update and at 5:50PM, I got this message:

Quote:
DL No. DL0xxxxxxxxxx has been printed on 25-04-2022 and it can be tracked using Speed Post Tracking no. EQxxxxxxxxxIN after about 3 days. Thanks, Z.O, SOUTH DELHI,SKK. MoRTH
So, I completed my application on Saturday and DL has been printed and tracking details shared by Monday.

License Renewal-screenshot-275.png
This is unbelievable stuff. Hats off to transport department.

The new expiry date (2032) is showing on parivahan website.

Attachment 2300822
Attached Thumbnails
License Renewal-screenshot-278.png  

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 25th April 2022 at 18:48.
mukeshgoel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 14:57   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
Any one tried Karnataka's online DL renewal process succesfuly? I have applied on March 14th, the status is still stuck at verifying documents (from day 1).
I was trying to avoid going to RTO.. Any one else had better experience?
I am confused when you say to avoid going to the RTO. After filling out the form and paying the fees online, you went to the RTO and submitted the form and got the photo taken right?
Old 26th April 2022, 15:12   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I am confused when you say to avoid going to the RTO. After filling out the form and paying the fees online, you went to the RTO and submitted the form and got the photo taken right?
No as per the new process started recently the process is entirely online. However since it did not work out yet for me. Will keep the thread updated when i hear some thing from RTO ( KA 03)
alexgv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 12:50   #263
BHPian

Quote:
No as per the new process started recently the process is entirely online. However since it did not work out yet for me. Will keep the thread updated when i hear some thing from RTO ( KA 03)
Today i went to RTO , counter 24 behind the building. They said every thing is in order, will take 45 working days. So i need to wait till May 20th and see.
So far so good. Fingers crossed
alexgv is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 17:17   #264
BHPian

Hello All,

I have a question. My DL is set to expire towards end of May. Because it was created offline about 20 years ago, I had to first get it online so that I could apply for an online renewal, which I am done with.

But because it was an old DL and it didn't had any photo on it, I cannot get it renewed completely online. I have got a date to to appear at the RTO office but date is mid July.

Post May, can I drive with expired DL and the renewal application print out with me? Or shall I wait till I get new DL altogether?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd May 2022, 18:23   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

My license is expiring in 1 month and based on some websites, I understand I can apply for the renewal (Kerala license - KL 34 RTO).

I am 38 and am confused as to what all documents are to be uploaded. Some sites mention just a self declaration on Form 1 (?) and no medical endorsement / eye - vision check for people under 40 years of age. Plus the signature / ID self attested copies

Some sites mention all the 3 forms - self declaration, medical certificate and also a eye check up report (along with signature scan & ID copies)

When I try to apply online, it's shows all forms - am I supposed to upload all the medical forms as well, considering am under 40 years of age ?
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:11   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Today i went to RTO , counter 24 behind the building. They said every thing is in order, will take 45 working days. So i need to wait till May 20th and see.
So far so good. Fingers crossed
Can you apply to ANY RTO within the state. Like, do you have a choice of renewing a KA03 issued license at another RTO, say KA01? Even if there is no change in my address?

[And I'd actually like my license renewed at DL-01 or wherever there is no corruption and next day service as many people have stated - true competition in government services!]
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 19:30   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfinger View Post
Hello All,

I have a question. My DL is set to expire towards end of May. Because it was created offline about 20 years ago, I had to first get it online so that I could apply for an online renewal, which I am done with.

But because it was an old DL and it didn't had any photo on it, I cannot get it renewed completely online. I have got a date to to appear at the RTO office but date is mid July.

Post May, can I drive with expired DL and the renewal application print out with me? Or shall I wait till I get new DL altogether?

Thanks in advance.
Does anyone have answer to this query?

Can I drive my car with expired DL + an application for renewal to get DL on a future date?
Old 8th May 2022, 19:00   #268
Senior - BHPian

Sometimes in the end of last year I saw a news clip in TOI that RTO in Karnataka extended its faceless application to include license renewals. In February this year again this news came up. So I decided to try it.

Got my Medical certificate from a nearby Govt PHC, and sat down to enter the details on the portal. It asked for med certificate, photo and a signature. I wanted an address change as well, so added a proof for it. I uploaded all that and paid the relevant charges. This happened on 5th March. 8th March I received an SMS saying all approved and sent for printing. 11th March I got another SMS saying printing completed.

Though I had paid the charges for postal delivery, on 14th I just showed up and they happily gave it to me and said good you came, post would have taken 45 days plus

So happy. This happened with KA01 RTO.

Last edited by laluks : 8th May 2022 at 19:01.
laluks is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 02:13   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Can you apply to ANY RTO within the state. Like, do you have a choice of renewing a KA03 issued license at another RTO, say KA01? Even if there is no change in my address?

[And I'd actually like my license renewed at DL-01 or wherever there is no corruption and next day service as many people have stated - true competition in government services!]
Yes, you can. I renewed my ranchi license in gurgaon. Was done smoothly without any hiccups. Was required to submit local address proof (had Aadhar / bank passbook also works ) and new license was issued in around 21 days from gurgaon RTO . License number remains the same JHxxxx with updated gurgaon address
anish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 16:16   #270
BHPian

Need help with my driving licence issued from Jalandhar RTO(PB 08) in 2011. It's an old paper type licence which I want to convert into the newer card type one. Parivahan site does not have any details of my licence and it redirects to DL Blacklog entry page that promptly & conveniently crashes repeatedly . Request if someone can share a contact of a reliable RTO facilitator in Jalandhar please.
Thanks in anticipation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks