Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2022, 21:24   #751
R_R
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

Eagerly waiting to see more on it's off-road capabilities! The last AWD petrol we had in India was the Honda CRV (barring the Skoda Superb!). The CRV being a full time AWD, it was okay in snow or slush, but nothing more than that!
The current VW Tiguan is also petrol+AWD. And, we also had the terrific Suzuki Grand Vitara. Hopefully, the new Hyundai Tucson will also offer that combination. But you are right, petrol+AWD is rare, and currently limited to Thar and Tiguan.
R_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 21:48   #752
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
The current VW Tiguan is also petrol+AWD. And, we also had the terrific Suzuki Grand Vitara. Hopefully, the new Hyundai Tucson will also offer that combination. But you are right, petrol+AWD is rare, and currently limited to Thar and Tiguan.
Yes, the VW Tiguan is an Awd which they call 4motion, but the Thar petrol and the Maruti Grand Vitara are proper 4x4 with low range gearbox. They are not Awds.
With a low range gearbox earlier we had few more petrol vehicles like the Maruti Gypsy or the Mahindra cj3b.
Thanks for reminding about the Tiguan, which I completely forgot.

Last edited by Samba : 1st July 2022 at 22:03.
Samba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 23:19   #753
BHPian

Variant wise details can now be viewed on https://www.toyotabharat.com/.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf e-brochure-hyryder.pdf (5.20 MB, 323 views)
vijay.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 23:19   #754
Distinguished - BHPian

It all looked great till I saw no AWD on the top end with Strong hybrid. For a Toyota, this looks well loaded. Panoramic sunroof, ventilated seats, 360 degree cam and what not ! Just waiting to see the pricing tamasha ! Dont think Toyota will price this in a reasonable manner - however, look forward to it.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 23:27   #755
BHPian

Since when has TPMS become such a premium feature to be included only in the Hybrid top model and not in any other variant. They seem to have gone the Brezza way (which in turn hasn’t included it at all).
Old 1st July 2022, 23:30   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post
Since when has TPMS become such a premium feature to be included only in the Hybrid top model and not in any other variant. They seem to have gone the Brezza way (which in turn hasn’t included it at all).
In the brochure, I can see the TPMS can be added as an accessory in the electrical accessories section.
vijay.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 23:37   #757
BHPian

@Vijay.S - Thanks for pointing that out. But my point still remains that it should be standard in all variants. Overall the car is a decent package. Pricing is key and Toyota India knows this and that’s why we see a lot of part staring from the Brezza.
cediaowner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 23:58   #758
BHPian

For anyone who has done online booking through website by e-booking, is there any section you could find regarding cancellation or refund charges?
Old 1st July 2022, 23:58   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
Does anyone have the link for booking?
Replying to my own post. Booking link
Old 2nd July 2022, 00:05   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
For anyone who has done online booking through website by e-booking, is there any section you could find regarding cancellation or refund charges?
Razorpay payment gateway charges of 2.4% may get deducted.
Old 2nd July 2022, 00:08   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
Yes, its in the terms and conditions section that you check when place a booking for the car online.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-screenshot-20220702-12.08.14-am.png  

vijay.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 00:18   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
If it's really 25km in EV mode, it really merits a charger to make it a full PHEV. I would suspect that 25km covers many people's commutes.
Have been searching Toyota’s website for the 25km claim on EV mode . The Yaris can run 2 km on EV mode(did a quick google search) so if this one runs 25km in EV mode then it’s going to be brilliant .
Old 2nd July 2022, 01:23   #763
BHPian

Surprised to see no blue Toyota logo. Also the dimensions of. the Hyryder are eerily close to the 2022 S-Cross. I mean one can call it the re-badged S-Cross! Hope they get the pricing right and wish it has flat folding rear seats.
coolmel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 07:22   #764
BHPian

As per review of similarly specced Yaris, the range for EV is called out as below:
Quote:
Talking point
There’s an EV mode but don’t get too excited. The owner’s manual suggests there’s a maximum electric-only range of only 1km (yep, a single, miserable kilometre…) and that it could be as little as a few hundred metres.
This review was published in late 2020. Unless anything is drastically different, I would be careful about the EV only range of HyRyder called out at 25 km. I would watch out for more details to emerge. If there are other sources to help explain the 25 km EV range, please feel free to improve our understanding.

Full review here:
https://evcentral.com.au/2020-toyota...hybrid-review/

Last edited by ajayc123 : 2nd July 2022 at 07:28.
Old 2nd July 2022, 07:29   #765
BHPian

Looks good. Good set of features included. A strong hybrid is the icing on the cake. However this being a Toyota, I expect the top of the line model to be priced ~30L ex showroom. The premium charged will be so high that it will eventually kill the product. Hope I am wrong. Best of luck Toyota!
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks