Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2022, 20:58   #376
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

This looks like a promising vehicle, but pricing will be key. Considering that the top-end Creta costs about Rs. 22 Lakh on road, and the Honda City Hybrid comes in at about Rs. 23 Lakhs, I'd be surprised if this costs anything less than 25-odd for a well equipped model. Either way, I'm happy that companies are finally bringing hybrids to our shores. The fuel economy in city driving conditions is a major plus for folks like me.
Old 25th June 2022, 21:10   #377
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
Price will also be 'HY'. That is the crux of the 'HY' problem.

BTW, I have another 'HY', the Honda Highness. If the strong HYbrid comes with mild price, I am HYghly interested in this HYrider to replace my Brio.
Surely after the price announcement, most will be left HY and DRY.

Let’s stay well HYdrated to bear the tragic shock coming soon.
ajayc123 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 21:27   #378
BHPian

I guess the strong hybrid one would be priced around the Honda city hybrid .BTW haven’t seen any torque figures in any scoops yet . The full engine specifications would decide the price bracket.
Also my 2 cents on the feature list : the car would definitely have features such as ventilated seats , 360 camera and HUD as cars like XL6 and upcoming Brezza already have those .
Old 25th June 2022, 21:39   #379
Senior - BHPian

Considering the fact that Toyota knows full well there will be an equivalent vehicle from Suzuki - a company known to price vehicles competitively, do we really expect prices to be Honda-esque?
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 23:07   #380
BHPian

Heard from a reliable source that Hyrider will be priced close to 25 lakh onroad in Bangalore.
girishv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 23:17   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Heard from a reliable source that Hyrider will be priced close to 25 lakh onroad in Bangalore.
Any idea if this is for the mild hybrid or the strong hybrid?
Old 25th June 2022, 23:28   #382
BHPian

In the words of the person "the maruti engine is no hybrid in front of the new engine by Toyota". According to him, the engine (1.5) is expected to give very high mileage of 25+ in regular usage. He hinted its closer to camry than brezza in terms of hybridness, don't know what it means.

He also said that the 2.0 engine will be as powerful as Crysta engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Any idea if this is for the mild hybrid or the strong hybrid?
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 00:29   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In the words of the person "the maruti engine is no hybrid in front of the new engine by Toyota". According to him, the engine (1.5) is expected to give very high mileage of 25+ in regular usage.

Wait a minute, is there a 2L engine coming? HYghly doubtful… 1.5L K15C will be the engine with the mild hybrid meanwhile the Yaris/Yaris Cross’ 1.5L Full Hybrid will be the other powertrain on offer.

This is actually a scoop on what the Innova Hybrid’s powertrain will be like with the 2.0L Hybrid, as powerful as the Crysta’s engine (whether it’s closer to the petrol/diesel of the Crysta will be known closer to its unveiling date).

Quote:
He hinted its closer to camry than brezza in terms of hybridness, don't know what it means.
It means that it will be a full Hybrid like the Camry, unlike the SHVS in the Brezza which is a mild hybrid.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 26th June 2022 at 00:31.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 01:53   #384
BHPian

Quote:
In the words of the person "the maruti engine is no hybrid in front of the new engine by Toyota". According to him, the engine (1.5) is expected to give very high mileage of 25+ in regular usage. He hinted its closer to camry than brezza in terms of hybridness, don't know what it means.

I think your source is mixing up engines and models. There is a Hyryder name and a Hycross name in public domain. We know now that the Hyryder name is a Creta type pseudo SUV. The Hycross in my personal opinion is the Innova which can carry a 2L engine.
Carma2017 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 02:12   #385
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
I won't be surprised if this happens. Honda is selling a hybrid sedan for Rs. 22 lakhs, and we know that SUV cousins of sedans already charge a premium of Rs. 2-3 lakhs. Therefore, an on-road price tag of around 20 lakh is the most we should hope for even after factoring in the localisation.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 05:51   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
I think your source is mixing up engines and models. There is a Hyryder name and a Hycross name in public domain. We know now that the Hyryder name is a Creta type pseudo SUV. The Hycross in my personal opinion is the Innova which can carry a 2L engine.
It's no personal opinion, the trademarked name is 'Innova Hycross'.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-india-424563
Old 26th June 2022, 07:30   #387
BHPian

Quote:
If this is true, then this will be my song.
Old 26th June 2022, 07:35   #388
Senior - BHPian

I can feel the excitement in the air, these products can prove to be smash hit for Toyota and also entry point for Maruti in Creta/seltos segment and in future we could also see the 7 seater variants like the carens/Alcazar

While many are fixated on pricing and even compare with honda city pricing, my gut feeling says that it is possible to price it lower. Remember honda jacked up the pricing by adding ADAS and Toyota can easily launch a mid variant and price it couple of lakhs cheaper.

Maruti might compete in the lower price segment(manual and mild hybrid) and Toyota might be content with profit margins over sheer numbers. That said, expecting these twins to have multiple combinations and a very wide price band.

It is also interesting to see the launch sequence. Maruti seems to be going ahead with brezza and Toyota with this Hyrider for now and later cross badge them. Interesting times ahead. Just hoping it will not end up with long waiting period due to chip shortage.
rajshenoy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 09:12   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Everything is 'HYgh' on the SUV
Let's just hope that the price is not "High" for a "Low" engine spec car
searacer932 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 10:14   #390
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Vitara with K15C mild hybrid engine and 6AT transmission at 22 lacs OTR will not dent Hyundai/ Kia . The same combination will be available in lower segment Brezza .

They should put this powertrain combination against Seltos IVT max at 18 lacs OTR .

And, they should put strong hybrid variant max at 22 lacs OTR against top variants of Koreans.

Toyota is going to do Toyota and ask for premium. Hoping that Suzuki variants will be sanely priced.
baarish84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks