Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2022, 16:18   #46
BHPian

Re: Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh

well, my experience, booked Hilux in Jan, first booking in NCR much before their stupid YouTube event. Equally quick to cancel the booking the moment prices were announced. Toyota India insiders had shared the prices in 30-32 lakh range, later they attributed the increased price while launching to increased freight cost! Nevertheless, a truck at 43 Lakhs on road Noida is not for me.

Wanted to change my booking to Legender but too much attitude by dealer and Toyota so dropped Toyota from my list.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 18:00   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Toyota India insiders had shared the prices in 30-32 lakh range, later they attributed the increased price while launching to increased freight cost! Nevertheless, a truck at 43 Lakhs on road Noida is not for me.

Wanted to change my booking to Legender but too much attitude by dealer and Toyota so dropped Toyota from my list.
Well same story for, me i had sold my endeavour after fords royal exit! So planned to replace it with the Hilux, sales guy told me should be ball park 35 ish otr i was ok with that, but at 43-44 otr hell no! Changed the hilux booking to fortuner at and meanwhile got a stellar deal on a New mux got a discount of 6 lakhs on it as the noida dealer was shutting shop so sold the scorpio and picked up the isuzu mux @35 otr noida registeration.

The toyota plant is closed from 26 april till 14 may so dont hope to see the fortuner anytime soon,hopefully june or july.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 12:36   #48
BHPian

It looks like Toyota are taking bookings for Hilux again, I visited my nearby dealership for insurance paper work and I inquired about the Hilux. The service manager said that it will come to the dealership by next month and they are taking bookings for it.

Many people probably had canceled their bookings after the price was announced thus leading to reopening of the bookings.

Last edited by Black_Star : 12th April 2022 at 12:44.
Old 12th April 2022, 13:08   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Deliveries begin of the Hilux:

Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh-1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 14:17   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Star View Post

Many people probably had canceled their bookings after the price was announced thus leading to reopening of the bookings.
As per my sales advisor,he has lost more then half the bookings after prices were anounced. Infact he is saying to me, if you do not want to wait till june for the fortuner, i can give delivery of the hilux in a weeks time
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 18:28   #51
BHPian

Took Delivery This Morning.

Already put Yokohama G015's on it.
dhruvmalik is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 19:40   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
Took Delivery This Morning
Many congratulations, Dhruv Wishing you lacs of adventurous kms on the truck! Looks absolutely smashing in that color - grey metallic I reckon?

Yours is probably the first Hilux on TBHP - please keep us updated on your ownership experience. What was the on-road price?

Last edited by cool_dube : 15th April 2022 at 19:50.
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 20:54   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Many congratulations, Dhruv Wishing you lacs of adventurous kms on the truck! Looks absolutely smashing in that color - grey metallic I reckon?

Yours is probably the first Hilux on TBHP - please keep us updated on your ownership experience. What was the on-road price?
I live in the outskirts so saved a bunch on the RTO tax. This all in all was 40.14 on road for a High AT.

I've only driven it 25 kms so far but love the experience. Not much different than a fortuner besides a more confined cabin. Having said that it doesn't feel cramped by any means and the tailgate is visible from the rear view mirror so judgement isn't a factor. This drives very pleasant and reassuring.

Those Yokohamas (using on a Terrano as well) are more more bump friendly. They absorbed even the smallest pot holes while those new Bridgestone Duelers made the ride a bit more harsh. Not a placebo as I noticed those also on the Terrano and fortuner.

P.S. For 40L. The interior lights SUCK. I mean spend 100rs to even out cheap leds but damn these halogens feel like it's a 90s truck. Ordered some T10 osrams and SMDs as well.

I have some mods planned so will share them as we go along. Apologies as i don't post much.

If anyone has any questions ask away.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh-pxl_20220415_090951981.night.jpg  

Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh-pxl_20220415_091500093.jpg  

Last edited by dhruvmalik : 15th April 2022 at 20:59.
dhruvmalik is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 22:33   #54
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on this great buy. Are you going to get a sliding 'securi-lid' over the rear luggage area?
Quote:
If anyone has any questions ask away.
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 22:40   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Congratulations on this great buy. Are you going to get a sliding 'securi-lid' over the rear luggage area?
Firstly either BulletLiner or Line-X coating in the bed.
Powdercoat the wheels gunmetal grey
Crome hood garnish and grill gotta go
As for the bed, I don't like roller shutter tonneau covers as they get jammed so a tri-fold may be more suitable for my use case.

I've previously owned pickups so familiar with the options available, though there is a lack of them in India.

Mod Note - Please Proof-Read before posting.

Last edited by Turbanator : 16th April 2022 at 11:26. Reason: Spell errors.
dhruvmalik is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 08:44   #56
BHPian

This is one move from Toyota which really has me intrigued. The concept of Utes is very popular here down south in Australia in NZ. However, as some people have earlier pointed too, these vehicles (with large cargo trays) are lapped up by tradespeople (plumbers, builders, electricians) or farmers (as their paddock beast) who want a bulletproof, low maintenance daily runner that will last them miles and fetch bang for buck.
However, Indian market is different. I understand Toyota pricing for Hilux, as I don't see or know how they could have made it any cheaper without reducing quality. What perplexes me is why Hilux? Why not the RAV4? Anyone who will sit in Hilux's second row can make out that it's not meant for luxury.
In India at that price point, we can easily rule out Hilux's use as a beast of burden, we can easily rule out it's affordability for traders. And with a cab (in) that's not designed for comfort of more than 2 passengers on a long drive, I am really surprised that it's already getting booked out. Maybe again I am better with computers than with understanding marketing strategies.

Last edited by HarshVShrotriya : 16th April 2022 at 08:46.
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 11:12   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
https://Youtu.be/hPupMzl-hGQ

Took Delivery This Morning.

Already put Yokohama G015's on it.
Congratulations!!!

Waiting for an ownership report soon. Wish you lakhs of kms and customisation forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post
This is one move from Toyota which really has me intrigued...... I understand Toyota pricing for Hilux, as I don't see or know how they could have made it any cheaper without reducing quality. What perplexes me is why Hilux? Why not the RAV4?
1. They could have reduced prices with lower variants. (2.4l engine, low ride height, smaller tyres, 4x2)

2. The IMV platform brothers; Innova and Fortuner are already here and super successful. Bringing the Hilux here is waay easier than launching one of the new TNGA based models.

3. Why not RAV4? Why not the Rush/ Raize/ Yaris Cross/ Corolla Cross? If they bring the RAV4 here, pricing strategy would be confusing. In most markets, the RAV4 is cheaper than the Fortuner. Though TKM would end up with the RAV4 priced at Camry level than Fortuner in India. I am not sure, but I would wager that the Fortuner is cheaper for Toyota to make than the RAV4. Why lose the thick profit margins of the Fortuner for the RAV4. They may have found that the upcoming D22 may rake in more profits than a RAV4 in India.

4. It must be the easiest way to have a proper Toyota for the Indian markets and after years of just rebadged models.
DicKy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 11:44   #58
BHPian

Hmmm.. not sure if Toyota or a Hilux fan will really appreciate cost cutting measures. It's like Ford selling Mustang in India with 2L engine to cut down prices. Where's the fun in that?
Anyways, I am not concerned so much about the price but, more concerned about how people are viewing Hilux in India and buying it for what purpose?
All the models like Fortuner, Innova, Rav4 are designed for carrying passengers. Hilux (or any Ute for that matter - Ford's Ranger) is designed for day to day runs.
In Australia and NZ, if people want a work horse then they buy Hilux or Ranger. If they want it for travel they will buy Fortuner or Endeavour/Everest that have same reliability as work horse versions but, provides more comfort.
Either way there is no denial that Hilux is a legend but, the question that will haunt me forever - why would I choose it over Fortuner, when I know that I will never throw bales of grass or, 200 different power tools in that big cargo hold?
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 16:19   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post
the question that will haunt me forever - why would I choose it over Fortuner, when I know that I will never throw bales of grass or, 200 different power tools in that big cargo hold?
Why not hear on this from a buyer himself? Maybe @dhruvmalik can share some insights into his intended usage of the Hilux.
cool_dube is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 22:59   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Why not hear on this from a buyer himself? Maybe @dhruvmalik can share some insights into his intended usage of the Hilux.
Thank you @cool_dube.

Having owned a few different platforms and realizing that I carry more things which generally don't fit in a SUV such as a fortuner, the added bed allows me to not worth about being limited to space constraints or fitment issues (such as a bycycle and having to fold down the rear seats). Plus with a expensive SUV, i would be more worried about damaging the inner panels.

Secondly it's only 2 of us traveling so why get a vehicle to carry more people when I want to carry more of my things. Granted security in a pickup has always been an issue but for those items, put them in the cab.

I haven't driven the vehicle since it's been delivered but do plan on a Manali trip in the coming month.

As for the vehicle. It feels almost like a fortuner without the big butt feeling. Perhaps a tad bit more nimble but then again there is lesser load in an empty bed.

Off topic, why does Bimbra only suggest a 1mm Line-x coating when line-x themselves suggest a 3-6mm.

It is an expensive vehicle but so is the fortuner now. I truly wishes the new d-max came sooner. I hope to see this segment grow. It only helps the community continue modding and expressing themselves through their creativity.

P.S. The rear LED brake lights are OMG bright.
dhruvmalik is offline   (12) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks