Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2022, 17:57   #76
BHPian

Re: Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
Congratulations Dhruv!! A friend of mine is taking the delivery of the same model in 1st week of May from Delhi.

The dealer is trying to force him to take Toyota Insurance whereas HDFC quote is way cheaper. Any suggestions on this and must have accessories?

Thanks in advance,
I wasn't given an option but rather told you have no other choice about Toyota insurance.

As for the accessories, I'll get mine done on Monday (Over Fenders, Tailgate Assist and Wheel well liner.)

Tuesday the Wheels are being done. Along with Chrome Delete and bumper paint.

I'll share pics as we go along.

For any floor mats guys. Check out GFX Galio. Fortuner ones work, you will just have an extra set for the 3rd row which won't be needed on the Hilux.

Last edited by GTO : 25th April 2022 at 09:47. Reason: Quoted post deleted
dhruvmalik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 18:21   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
As for the accessories, I'll get mine done on Monday (Over Fenders, Tailgate Assist and Wheel well liner.)
In addition to above he is also getting Bedliner, Visors and Scuff Plates too.

Would you know of a good truck bed cover that can be installed from Delhi?
Old 23rd April 2022, 18:37   #78
BHPian

Quote:
In addition to above he is also getting Bedliner, Visors and Scuff Plates too.

Would you know of a good truck bed cover that can be installed from Delhi?
I wouldnt suggest the Toyota Bedliner but rather a spray on bedliner like Line-x or Bullet Liner. It's more durable.

Visors are on order but once Ceramic and PPF next week is done, I'll get those installed.

I've worked more on this truck than driven it.
dhruvmalik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 18:48   #79
BHPian

Quote:
I wouldnt suggest the Toyota Bedliner but rather a spray on bedliner like Line-x or Bullet Liner. It's more durable.

Visors are on order but once Ceramic and PPF next week is done, I'll get those installed.

I've worked more on this truck than driven it.
Where to get these Line-x/Bullet Liner from? The Truck will be in Bangalore eventually so we have the option of getting accessories from here if needed.

What should be the mix of (and where on body) for PPF and Ceramic. Also will be great if you could tell us the difference to be paid for replacing tires with Yokohamas that you got?
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 20:09   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Where to get these Line-x/Bullet Liner from? The Truck will be in Bangalore eventually so we have the option of getting accessories from here if needed.

What should be the mix of (and where on body) for PPF and Ceramic. Also will be great if you could tell us the difference to be paid for replacing tires with Yokohamas that you got?
Line-x at Bimbra Gurgaon. Bullet Liner in Surat.

I'm doing the front bumper in PPF and rest of the body in ceramic.
dhruvmalik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 20:49   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMonk View Post
1. My dealer is quoting an onroad price of more than 43. I notice that yours is lower. I live in Uttrakhand and the tax rates are 10%. I can't understand the cost difference.
Hi Sir, I am also buying my Hilux from Uttarakhand (Trust Toyota, Dehradun), and I believe the RTO registration charges in Gujrat are 6% vs. 10% here in Uttarakhand, so thats a Rs. ~1.5 lakh on road price differential straight away. I'm also guesstimating the insurance that Trust Toyota is trying to sell is easily 20-30k overpriced, so that takes us close to a 2lakh price difference number.
corneliu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 21:31   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneliu View Post
Hi Sir, I am also buying my Hilux from Uttarakhand (Trust Toyota, Dehradun), and I believe the RTO registration charges in Gujrat are 6% vs. 10% here in Uttarakhand, so thats a Rs. ~1.5 lakh on road price differential straight away. I'm also guesstimating the insurance that Trust Toyota is trying to sell is easily 20-30k overpriced, so that takes us close to a 2lakh price difference number.
I thought RTO in Gujarat was 10%. In any case this is a too expensive price for the vehicle. What do you think?
Old 25th April 2022, 21:46   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations 🎉
Please can you share costs of well liner and also check from where you are taking it if they are direct fit to new fortuner too.
Old 26th April 2022, 21:51   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Congratulations 🎉
Please can you share costs of well liner and also check from where you are taking it if they are direct fit to new fortuner too.
Ill pick the Hilux up tomorrow from the dealership since they have finished the install of all accessories. Will answer then about the wheel well liner. From there ill be heading to get the Chrome Delete done.

So a bit of an update. Toyota called and said we want to give you the Bedliner + Tailgate Assist + Decal (BIG TOYOTA Logo on the tailgate) for FREE. Not sure if Toyota India is doing this or just my dealership but free anything is great.

3M Rubber liner will be a suitable option to brush on before adding the Toyota bedliner. This will in essence protect the bed from the scratches and water seepage causing corrosion.
dhruvmalik is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 12:04   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMonk View Post
I thought RTO in Gujarat was 10%. In any case this is a too expensive price for the vehicle. What do you think?
Definitely overpriced by at least 4-5 lakhs. Under any other circumstances, I would never have bought the vehicle at this price, but a combination of two factors: 1) Locking in an ultra low fixed interest rate to finance the purchase (which means loan value will erode in real terms once MCLR rates start getting hiked) 2) Extremely high inflation expectations for the next 4-5 year period (including steep car price hikes + interest rate hikes), made me take this decision.

Let's see if my gamble pays off.

Quote:
So a bit of an update. Toyota called and said we want to give you the Bedliner + Tailgate Assist + Decal (BIG TOYOTA Logo on the tailgate) for FREE. Not sure if Toyota India is doing this or just my dealership but free anything is great.
Congratulations on your purchase! It would be great if you could let us know if the free add ons are just restricted to your local dealer or is it pan India?

Mod Note - Use MultiQuote function

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th April 2022 at 12:22. Reason: merged back to back posts.
corneliu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 12:52   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Definitely overpriced by at least 4-5 lakhs. Under any other circumstances, I would never have bought the vehicle at this price, but a combination of two factors: 1) Locking in an ultra low fixed interest rate to finance the purchase (which means loan value will erode in real terms once MCLR rates start getting hiked) 2) Extremely high inflation expectations for the next 4-5 year period (including steep car price hikes + interest rate hikes), made me take this decision.
Thanks. Would be grateful if someone could share the number of the dealer who has offered this so we all can collectively bargain!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th April 2022 at 13:27. Reason: Broken quote tags fixed
TheMonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 15:26   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Would anyone know how much extra (per tyre) one needs to be put in if Hilux' Bridgestone Duellers are swapped with Geo 105s?

Last edited by JKBKS : 27th April 2022 at 15:28.
Old 27th April 2022, 16:43   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Would anyone know how much extra (per tyre) one needs to be put in if Hilux' Bridgestone Duellers are swapped with Geo 105s?
You mean G015, right?

I had 17 inch Bridgestone Dueler ATs on my Fortuner. Swapped them on day 1 with the G015s. Paid 1.8-2k per tire, for 5 tires. Best decision made till date

Last edited by achyutaghosh : 27th April 2022 at 16:44.
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 17:14   #89
BHPian

Quote:
The Hilux comes with Bridgestone DUELER D684 265/60 R18 110H as stock tyres, which are priced at around ~17.8k per tyre. I'm planning to swap them out for the Yokohama Geolander A/T G015 265/60 R18 110H, which are priced at ~25.8k per tyre, so the differential comes to around ~8k per tyre.

I just spoke to the Yokohama distributor in Dehradun, and he has given a quotation of ~30k for a swap for 4 tyres (I'm planning to keep a Bridgestone as the stepney only), so that is inline with the ~8k per tyre figure.

Last edited by corneliu : 27th April 2022 at 17:21.
corneliu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 17:36   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Hilux comes with Bridgestone DUELER D684 265/60 R18 110H as stock tyres, which are priced at around ~17.8k per tyre. I'm planning to swap them out for the Yokohama Geolander A/T G015 265/60 R18 110H, which are priced at ~25.8k per tyre, so the differential comes to around ~8k per tyre.
Remember that Dueler D684 will perform its job more consistently over its life time - which is a lot more than Yokohama, Geolandar will not be at its best post ~40K Kms although in the beginning Yokohama will feel like an upgrade.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks