Old 17th April 2022, 16:08   #61

Re: Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
https://Youtu.be/hPupMzl-hGQ

Took Delivery This Morning.

Already put Yokohama G015's on it.
Congratulations on the Hilux Dhruv!

I see you're from Ahmedabad? We GJ BHPians have a small circle & regularly plan meets.

Please join one when you're comfortable 🙂
AlphaPetrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 17:07   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Dhruv! That particular shade of the car looks stunning.

I would say that the price you paid is yet reasonable because this car should last you for the years to come, end of the day it is a Hilux afterall!

Any particular reason for choosing the Yokos apart from their ability to suck up bumps better? Also wanted to ask if you are planning any mini/major mods, I guess the LED interior lights seem to one of them!

Good choice going in for the Osram, they have a really nice colour temperature as compared to the excessively bright and blue 'non-branded' options. Have been very pleased with using Osram T10s in my VW, they light up the cabin really well.
AKSarkar1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 17:20   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPetrolhead View Post
Congratulations on the Hilux Dhruv!

I see you're from Ahmedabad? We GJ BHPians have a small circle & regularly plan meets.

Please join one when you're comfortable 🙂
Absolutely. Kindly share some details when you guys plan to gather. We would love to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSarkar1 View Post
Congrats Dhruv! That particular shade of the car looks stunning.

I would say that the price you paid is yet reasonable because this car should last you for the years to come, end of the day it is a Hilux afterall!

Any particular reason for choosing the Yokos apart from their ability to suck up bumps better? Also wanted to ask if you are planning any mini/major mods, I guess the LED interior lights seem to one of them!

Good choice going in for the Osram, they have a really nice colour temperature as compared to the excessively bright and blue 'non-branded' options. Have been very pleased with using Osram T10s in my VW, they light up the cabin really well.
So the lights are in. Miles better than the stock and since the Toyota's have that theater light effect, they don't flash but have a subtle dimming effect.

The Yokohama's for a few reason, tried and tested and most importantly, their weight, its the same as stock. So you get a better tire, longer life, and better sidewall protection. Understanding that adding weight essentially reduces fuel economy, I did not want to introduce any additional rotational mass and weight to the wheels. Also upping a size can cause your speedo to be off. (I am a perfectionist, sad to say). Lastly, these were a no brainer for the trade in costs. Ideally the Yokohama's XAT's which should come to India in the next 6 months are something we all can appreciate. They are more of a 50/50 tire vs these G015's more of a 70/30 (on road/off road). There are other options available but sadly none were to my liking.

I have those All Extreme LEDs and man they are bright, the color temp is nice as well but this time I thought I don't want such a blue hue to them and the Osrams are in fact a warmer color balance.

One thing I wanted to bring to everyone's attention, and is a common practice with pick up manufacturers are they don't provide a Tailgate lock. Not a manual one or an electronic one. So its the aftermarket scene to get the TG to LOCK.
dhruvmalik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 17:57   #64

Quote:

Congratulations on your purchase Dhruv.

This colour looks absolutely stunning...
Old 18th April 2022, 14:22   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post
Either way there is no denial that Hilux is a legend but, the question that will haunt me forever - why would I choose it over Fortuner, when I know that I will never throw bales of grass or, 200 different power tools in that big cargo hold?
I understand your perplexed wonder.
Let me put it simply. In India, people don't buy vehicles, whatever type of it, for WHAT IT IS MEANT FOR OR MADE TO DO category wise. May it be 2 wheeled, 4 wheeled or any other.
They but it for reasons like:
*Oomph factor or style quotient or status symbol(depending on how much money they wanna show)
*They like the aura it projects just because most other well heeled folks have got it. Never mind what it's meant to do.

That's the reason why vehicles like the Fortuner 95% of the time never even touches a mild dirt track in its life here. Nor will most of the Hilux' ferry any goods or other load/s.

Get the drift? That's how it is, in a nutshell.

Further, Toyota as a brand is a legend here and quality starved people have only one brand that they know they can put their money down on with their eyes closed when they want sheer quality, longevity, reliability and trust. No other brand has that.The Germans are another story for another day. So whatever Toyota coughs up, people buy. No questions asked and no eyebrows raised whatever the price. Nobody will bat an eyelid. It's a land of the 'Haves' and the 'Have nots'. Have the money: will buy. Not everyone is a bhpian, right?
pixantz is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 14:28   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
They but it for reasons like:
*Oomph factor or style quotient or status symbol(depending on how much money they wanna show)
*They like the aura it projects just because most other well heeled folks have got it. Never mind what it's meant to do.
LOL!! Thanks @pixantz. That explains it.
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 15:00   #67
BHPian

Quote:
LOL!! Thanks @pixantz. That explains it.
What puzzles me more are the fact people are questing why a pickup over an SUV. It seems that that has not grasped for everyone and is the age old question still being asked around the world. Tacoma or a 4Runner, D-max vs MUX etc.

Simply put that spending another 5L on the Fortuner would still have not fulfilled my needs. Again, i don't carry people but rather my things which you just can't load up on a fortuner.

I have an SUV, didn't want an another one.

Most of the vehicles in India or the world for that matter don't see the intended use, let's see if I become the statistics.

P.S. Accessories almost everywhere are on backorder for the Hilux so if anyone is in the purchasing phase, place your order beforehand.
dhruvmalik is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 15:27   #68
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations buddy!
Probably you’re the first / one of the first to own the beast!

G015s are an excellent set of tires. Been using it on my Mahindra XUV5OO W10 AWD for a while now and I’m extremely satisfied.

Looking forward to read more and more off-road and adventure write-ups from you!

Cheers!!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 19th April 2022 at 05:25. Reason: Commercial solicitation is not allowed on Team-BHP. Post edited.
SK01 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 18th April 2022, 20:49   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK01 View Post
Congratulations buddy!
Probably you’re the first / one of the first to own the beast!

G015s are an excellent set of tires. Been using it on my Mahindra XUV5OO W10 AWD for a while now and I’m extremely satisfied.

Looking forward to read more and more off-road and adventure write-ups from you!

Cheers!!
Thank You kindly sir.

Bimbra also received their Hilux (Grey) this evening and are planning to start posting their products and mods available for it within this week.

I am planning a trip to Manali this May but will stop off in Gurgaon for a few days to get Line-x.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 19th April 2022 at 05:25. Reason: Quoted post edited.
dhruvmalik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 23:55   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Again, i don't carry people but rather my things
Congratulations mate! You have made a brilliant choice then. Wish you miles galore ahead.
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 06:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

I was told today by a close friend who just got delivery of his Hilux that it was filled with just 1000kms worth of Adblue. This was informed to him by the Dealer.
Is this the norm for filling up Adblue by dealers in new vehicles now?
Problem is none of the fuel stations around we've checked has adblue available.
Old 19th April 2022, 07:12   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations mate! You have made a brilliant choice then. Wish you miles galore ahead.
Thanks Harsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I was told today by a close friend who just got delivery of his Hilux that it was filled with just 1000kms worth of Adblue. This was informed to him by the Dealer.
I can't answer here much besides my Hilux had a full tank or so it showed in the MID.

I'm sure Toyota engine gurus can answer more but i know you can pick up 5L jug from the stealerships all over India. In fact many carry one with them during their travels. I've also heard that BS6 fuel consumes lesser of your Adblue.

One thing I did want to know was can any Adblue work or Toyota only? Asking for when it's the last resort and nothing else is available.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 19th April 2022 at 07:26. Reason: Fixed broken quote tags
dhruvmalik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 01:09   #73
Senior - BHPian

Both Toyota Hilux and Isuzu D-Max V-Cross pickup trucks have an intimidating road presence, thanks to their size.

Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh-20220423_010333.jpg

Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh-20220423_010336.jpg

Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh-20220423_010340.jpg

Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh-smartselect_20220423010835_twitter.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 17:43   #74
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations Dhruv!! A friend of mine is taking the delivery of the same model in 1st week of May from Delhi.

The dealer is trying to force him to take Toyota Insurance whereas HDFC quote is way cheaper. Any suggestions on this and must have accessories?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by JKBKS : 23rd April 2022 at 17:49.
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 17:53   #75
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations on your buy. I too have booked the High AT and had two questions. Would like your insights.

1. My dealer is quoting an onroad price of more than 43. I notice that yours is lower. I live in Uttrakhand and the tax rates are 10%. I can't understand the cost difference.

2. I read with interest your viewpoint on the stock tyres and replacement swap. Would you mind sharing how much did that cost please?

Regards
TheMonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks