Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2022, 18:10   #31

re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

I really hope this news is true and the Honda India doesn't go back into a deep slumber again.

Having both 2nd and 3rd generations of Honda Jazz at home, one driven around 1 lac km in 11 years and the other 55k km in 7 years, I can vouch for Honda's reliability and complete fuss-free ownership - never visited a Honda service center except for regular services.

I'm looking to replace my 2nd gen Jazz with a mid-sized SUV. I deliberately pickup Honda sales calls to tell them please ask your management to wake up and get some nicer cars from your portfolio here in India.

I trust Japs (Koreans - safety concerns, Germans - expensive to maintain/niggles, Tata - enough proofs on T-BHP to say no, Mahindra - XUV700 looks promising but no clue of the price at the time of delivery), so I'm eagerly waiting on the launches from Honda or Toyota.
karanwalia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 10:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Honda compact SUV coming next year, midsize SUV by 2024.

Honda’s two all-new SUVs being developed on Amaze platform; Compact SUV to replace WR-V, midsize SUV to take on Creta.

Quote:
Known internally as PF2, and PF2S
Both SUVs for India will be based on the Amaze platform. Whereas Honda had initially sought to use the City platform for its midsize SUV, we now have information that it will use an updated version of the Amaze platform for both.
Compact SUV

Quote:
Expected to see the light of day first, around mid-2023, is the compact SUV. Sources claim that the design of this compact SUV (Codename: 3US) is all but frozen, and engineering work is now progressing well
Midsize SUV

Quote:
Expected to hit the market sometime in early 2024, it is likely to be 4.3m long, use Honda’s new electronic architecture and screen system, and share its powertrain with the new City, City diesel and City hybrid.
Quote:
Sources say Honda is evaluating three-row, 6- and 7-seater variants as well, for a wider appeal.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 19th May 2022 at 10:57.
Venkatesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 23:38   #33
BHPian

Hope the mid size suv is the BRV on sale in South Asian markets.

The original BRV too was a good car but I think, Honda did a Honda (read: got the pricing wrong) with that car.
Samegoodkid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 19:39   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda's mid-sized SUV will be a low-cost HR-V:

Quote:
The second model will be intended only for the Indian market. This is the 3RA, or Honda HR-V low cost. The model will be 4.3 m long, i.e., 3 cm less than the overall HR-V. However, it will be cheaper to produce and sell. The idea is to go head-to-head directly with the Hyundai Creta, which dominates the segment in India.
Quote:
Both the low-cost HR-V and the WR-V's successor will escape Honda's current style. The brand's SUVs appeal to fluid sportsmanship and line. The Indian Honda, however, wants a more robust and square design, as is fashionable among SUVs. It remains to be seen whether they will gain global strength.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 20:43   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda's mid-sized SUV will be a low-cost HR-V:
This statement screams Brio, 1st Gen Amaze, Mobilio and BR-V all over again.

I really don't understand, why does Honda want to go cheap route when cars in range of OTR 15-30 lacs are doing good business. They should stick to international models and preserve their premium image rather than this cheap trick. Days of going cheap in India to call it as VFM has gone.

Last edited by varunswnt : 25th May 2022 at 20:44.
varunswnt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 20:00   #36

I came to know through a contact that the mid size SUV competing with Venue, Sonet and the likes will be released by Feb 2023 as per the plan, and the first model to be made by July 2022 and tested thereafter.
(Source from New model department).
Honda Motors is very positive of its success. Excited to see a new entry in the hot segment!
Tanmay_Jarv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 09:47   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this the Honda mid-Suv ( production version of the Honda SUV RS Concept) for India too?

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 1633
Size:  76.4 KB

Name:  2.JPG
Views: 1605
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  4.JPG
Views: 1520
Size:  36.5 KB

Name:  3.JPG
Views: 1424
Size:  36.0 KB

Link

Quote:
Earlier, five variants of the purported SUV RS Concept were listed in the NJKB Samsat DKI Jakarta website. Samsat is the Indonesian equivalent of our own JPJ. All 5 variants mentioned seem to hint that the SUV could get the same naturally-aspirated 1.5-litre DOHC petrol engine as the City and City Hatchback, producing 121 PS and 145 Nm. Transmission choices include a manual and CVT transmission
Name:  3513499a94ee4adfbe059dcf50f6194c_800.jpg
Views: 1514
Size:  51.1 KB

Link1

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th July 2022 at 09:50.
volkman10 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 09:55   #38
Senior - BHPian

All Honda needs to do is to get this SUV to India, plonk the City's 1.5l engine in it, price it right and see it's sales go vtec kicked in yo. But alas one can only dream of such things. Wake up Honda. Already Maruti has let down by pricing the Brezza high making the new City seem more VFM.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 12:02   #39
GBX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
They should stick to international models and preserve their premium image rather than this cheap trick.
No one's using international chassis anymore. It's low cost indianized versions across the board now.

Eg. New VWs, Creta/Seltos, Citroen

With rules which don't lineup with the international markets, and extreme taxes, this will be the new norm unfortunately.
GBX is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 12:34   #40
Senior - BHPian

At least Toyota is ganging up with Maruti and is doing "something". Honda is clueless as far as the Indian market goes, says from time to time: we're bringing this and we're bringing that and when the time comes we know they'll say we're neither bringing this nor that!
Durango Dude is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 13:32   #41
BHPian

Honda SUV RS. Is that going to be its final production name as well, SUV RS? Honda has always named their cars well, but this kinda seems weird!
Old 12th July 2022, 13:43   #42
BHPian

Honda needs to take lessons from Mahindra on pricing. When will they realize that pricing was a primary reason for the failure of Jazz and WRV.
City sells for its name and Amaze sells for its price.
Honda needs to make some big news and be on the spotlight with some launches or facelifts with some sane pricing. Only this will make them relevant.

The 4m SUV is one such opportunity. I hope they don't botch this up.
Benoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 14:00   #43
BHPian

if it is based on the Amaze platform, I think the price would be a lakh more compared to Amaze(model to model). That brings the top variant IDtec to 15L OTR which is not so bad.
Honda is definitely not going to plonk the 1.5 in a sub 4m vehicle and miss out on the GST benefits. Pricing would be as atrocious as the Brezza or even worse!
TheWall is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 23:49   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
if it is based on the Amaze platform, I think the price would be a lakh more compared to Amaze(model to model). That brings the top variant IDtec to 15L OTR which is not so bad.
Honda is definitely not going to plonk the 1.5 in a sub 4m vehicle and miss out on the GST benefits. Pricing would be as atrocious as the Brezza or even worse!
Perhaps they'll consider a turbo engine? Though seems unlikely. I remember reading somewhere that Honda doesn't think turbo engines will last long in the Indian heat. I would love a Honda 1-1.2 turbo with the CVT in a cross-over. Would be the perfect car for my needs, hopefully no gimmicks.
RoadMonkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 09:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Perhaps they'll consider a turbo engine? Though seems unlikely. I remember reading somewhere that Honda doesn't think turbo engines will last long in the Indian heat. I would love a Honda 1-1.2 turbo with the CVT in a cross-over. Would be the perfect car for my needs, hopefully no gimmicks.
Forget about Turbo, I wonder if this would get the same Diesel CVT as Amaze? Seems unlikely.
TheWall is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks