Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2023, 18:09   #121

re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

I believe many of us have been waiting for a Honda mid-size SUV since ages. With 10 years of extended warranty and proven Honda’s reliability, no other brand offers peace of mind like Honda. I want to upgrade from my 2nd gen Honda Jazz and with no news till date from Honda, I booked XUV700 last year. Hopefully, if this time Honda gets the interiors, features and the pricing right, this would be SUV to go for.
karanwalia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 21:19   #122
BHPian

After waiting and some more waiting for HCIL to launch something exciting, I decided to move on from 2nd Gen Honda Jazz and getting the delivery of Taigun TL 1.0 TSI AT at a discounted price of ₹1.26 lakh on ex showroom price.

I sincerely hope that they price their product competitively and get rid of their mediocre 1.2 litre ivtech mill and offer the sweet tea 1.5 NA petrol!
MDED is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 22:08   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
As per one of the people, I spoke to at the dealership - he said, Honda is out of time and cannot afford to make anymore mistakes. Hinted at an on-road price of 25L with the 1.5L petrol powerplant and interiors will definitely not be low-rent.
Thanks for the info. IMO, launching anything at that price with that 1.5(P) would be a recipe for disaster (similar to Civic 1.5 D). With the current range of alternatives available in the market, this should cap at 20L OTR unless they offer anything 'significantly special'.
AG86 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 23:24   #124
Senior - BHPian

Considering the Honda City eHEV is 25L OTR in Bangalore, I don't see how they will launch an SUV below that price. It's going to a non starter unless they offer substantially more value over the competition at the same price point.

The mathematics for a Strong Hybrid powertrain still don't justify the upfront cost for a vast majority of folks.

At this price point the SUV should definitely have AWD and ADAS, Ventilated seats and all the other gizmos that the competition offers.

If not then they better price it below 18L OTR to be able to pull in some numbers.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 03:45   #125

Honda needs to get some USP to stand out from the competition.
My wishlist would be a turbo engine, a pano sunroof, ADAS and a smart instrument cluster with HUD as a bare minimum. If an AWD is added it would be a bonus to stand out in the crowd.
Honda has one chance to get back in the game and they need to load this up to win.
Phoenix_VR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 09:05   #126
BHPian

Valid points about Honda written here.

Personally, Have been a Honda customer for 13 years, the Honda ANHC City has been exceptional in its 13th year running now. Still the way she looks (externally), and the way she rides. After sales service has been pretty decent for me.

But now as the next upgrade comes up for me, find few players who have a combination a) the long term reliability b) the external design chops in a safe SUV format c) a strong after sales service.

Toyota comes up strong on reliability and after sales, but design chops in a SUV in India are early days. the German sisters come up strong on design chops but long term reliability is a question. The Indian brothers are strong on design but after sales is a weak. The Korean cousins are decent looking with strong after sales but seems they skimp on safety.

So I wish Honda provides a upgrade path for customers like me, but after 13 years, I am not holding my breath. It's time to move on.
mk600 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 10:09   #127
BHPian

In 2013, I decided to get a second Honda City - this time with Diesel, and Honda did not have the model. So I buy the Amaze and a month later the dealer calls me saying City diesel has been launched.

After several years of dithering, I decided to upgrade to a Civic. They discontinue it. CR-V - also gone.

I have been waiting for HR-V to launch for ages. Then finally without being left a choice, I booked a City Diesel, for which I waited and waited and the dealer said they would not receive stock within the financial year, and finally I had to go the Toyota way... And then they launch the Hybrid a month later.

I needed a second new car, zero'd in on the Amaze Diesel. Gone, now...

Amen.

I think Honda has been just teasing me - for over a decade now, launching products one month after I get a new car!!

I now need a car that is easier for my parents to get in and out - would prefer a hybrid (or a plug in hybrid, even more) for their usage pattern. I honestly hope I do not get the short end of the stick with this model that is expected to launch shortly...!

But seriously, they need an upgrade path for their customers. They have been a disappointment for the last several years, and I hope the new SUV is it
prad is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 16:51   #128
Senior - BHPian

Local Honda dealer undergoing renovation. Looks like Honda is doing something!
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 18:04   #129
BHPian

For the buzz that Honda is creating, they are not even participating in the ongoing auto expo.

Already late to the party, the least they could've done is showcased a prototype of the upcoming CSUV, with the design cues and key differentiators revealed.

Having waited for years for the HR-V to debut here, and with no confirmation on the underpinnings of the upcoming product, I'm more or less leaning towards the VW/Skoda twins.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 22:47   #130
BHPian

A few teasers appear that seem to indicate the inclusion of Honda Sense

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-honda1.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-honda2.jpg
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 07:07   #131
BHPian

After such a long time, I am getting excited about Honda India's launch this time. I think they will launch a very good product.

Strong hybrids will be offered in more than one variant.

I think it will be a better product than Maruti or Toyota. Anyone looking to buy a strong hybrid should wait for this launch.
Old 13th January 2023, 15:09   #132
BHPian

If I get delivery of the Hyryder before this launches, then I'll go for it. If this is competitive and launches before I get delivery of the Hyryder, I'll go for it.

At the end of the day, the Hyryder is a Maruti, and the interiors feel like a Maruti.
teknophobia is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 15:27   #133
BHPian

May seem offtopic/ not relevant however this is giving very strong vibes of a 5 seater N7X concept aka BR-V (2021 international launch)

I am ecstatic for some + news coming from Honda, we all need good competition to flourish in current market.
Ps_o is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 19:21   #134
BHPian

I have registered my interest on the Honda website. Waiting with a bit of excitement for further updates.
Old 13th January 2023, 20:34   #135
BHPian

Similar to their 2 wheeler launches I'd advise not to pin hopes too high.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks