Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2023, 11:10   #106
BHPian

re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
If this SUV is to have any chance of succeeding in that segment, it absolutely has to be based on the City platform and not on the Amaze one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash118 View Post
If Honda could update their 1.5 diesel for upcoming norms and offer it in this car, that would had been a big advantage for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav1817 View Post
Really need a proper 1.5 SUV from Honda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

They seem to be working on Amaze based SUV (WRV) which will be sub-4m and also a City based SUV (for Creta segment, but it is not HRV??) and we still don't know the exact timelines

The current SUV in discussion codenamed 3US is based on the current gen Amaze Platform, however the current amaze platform itself was redesigned and inspired from 4th Gen City exclusively for the Indian market unlike the previous gen which served South Asian markets as well. So the SUV though based on current gen amaze it will be no more Mobilio/BR-V.

On the powertrain it will be the same as 5th Gen City with both 1.5 NA MT/CVT & Hybrid options. However, Honda did contemplate having 1.2T Petrol also as an option.

On the exterior front it will take design cues from current HR-V on sale in international markets. On the interior front it will all be refreshed, but the same will be seen in Next Gen Amaze codenamed 3UR. [ when will honda learn to differentiate]

Further Honda has decided to launch a Second SUV but they are yet to figure out whether they should launch a Sub 4M SUV or 7 Seater against the likes of Alcazar/Safari. Hope we find clarity on this sooner.
Motorhead23 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 11:15   #107
Senior - BHPian

HRV itself has two forms. One is the HRV/Vezel for Japan/Chinese market which is sub compact SUV, whereas the US/Europe version of the HRV is a compact SUV based out of Civic platform.
Both of these vehicles are relatively large and sit just below the CRV.

Given all these minor difference vehicles in the portfolio and confusing name plates, as others mentioned above, this is going to be a waiting game unless Honda gives out something specific.

So far, the only disappointing mention is that its Amaze based. No offence, but in our market that is expecting a HRV or CRV, bringing in a vehicle that is two platform short is not going to do well for Honda.
sarathlal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 14:08   #108
BHPian

When a struggling manufacturer teases a new product, I get horrifying flashbacks of Chevrolet India and Ford India.

But I would be extremely happy with a good Honda SUV. I hope Honda India comes up with a appealing product and at a good price point as well.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 10th January 2023 at 14:12.
dr_TJ is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 14:48   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead23 View Post
On the interior front it will all be refreshed, but the same will be seen in Next Gen Amaze codenamed 3UR. [ when will honda learn to differentiate]
Rather than the actual platform itself, this is the biggest problem caused by Platform sharing done by Honda. The interior of a car like the Amaze just will not cut it in a 20+Lakh SUV.
Old 10th January 2023, 17:29   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Rather than the actual platform itself, this is the biggest problem caused by Platform sharing done by Honda. The interior of a car like the Amaze just will not cut it in a 20+Lakh SUV.
100% in agreement. The same "Part Sharing" excuse between German Twins is a major problem where say a Monte Carlo variant available at ~25L OTR Bangalore is not at all justified when you have some missing basic features available in competition at lower price.
Old 10th January 2023, 19:50   #111
BHPian

In my opinion it is already too late now. Just see how good the compact suv has become from the VW stable as well as the Koreans. A half hearted Jugaad product will not do. Even a Honda loyalist like me who still has his 13 year old City Gen3 is not impressed with Honda teasers any more. Give me a product that is Good and Solid by todays benchmarks else dont even bother.
manishkapadia is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 09:05   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda's SUV likely to arrive in two variants - one with 5 and the other with 7 seats.

Inside, everything indicates that the model will feature the same digital scheme seen in recent releases, such as the new generations of Accord and CR-V. In this sense, 10.2-inch digital instrument frame and 12.3-inch multimedia center are expected. The electronic architecture will be completely new to accommodate the systems.

Link
This has got me excited. They seem to have done the research (considering how much Indians are focused on the screen sizes). Hope interior quality is also paid the necessary attention.
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 10:20   #113
BHPian

A dear friend who is an Auditor at a firm was recently auditing Honda Cars India at their plant told me that he had solid info about Honda India investing heavily on R&D and multiple products are in the pipeline for Indian Market. I can say confidently that the future holds good for Honda India if they are serious about the things he told he saw on their documents. Fingers Crossed.

Last edited by pritanshchandra : 11th January 2023 at 10:46.
pritanshchandra is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 10:27   #114
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post
A dear friend who is an Auditor at SNB India was recently auditing Honda Cars India at their plant told me that he had solid info about Honda India investing heavily on R&D and multiple products are in the pipeline for Indian Market. He showed me some of the financials and I can say confidently that the future holds good for Honda India if they are serious about the things I saw on their documents. Fingers Crossed.
Off topic, I beleive this is not ethical on your friend's part and can get him in trouble. I suggest you request mods to delete this post.
Engine_Roars is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 12:22   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Off topic, I beleive this is not ethical on your friend's part and can get him in trouble. I suggest you request mods to delete this post.
+ 100. This info is borderline “insider trading info”, and can get your friend into serious trouble!

I am associated with Big 3 strategy consulting firms and therefore know how Audit firms treat such info going public.

MODS:Strongly recommended to delete the original post, please

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 11th January 2023 at 12:25.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 12:35   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post
A dear friend who is an Auditor at a firm was recently auditing Honda Cars India at their plant told me that he had solid info about Honda India investing heavily on R&D and multiple products are in the pipeline for Indian Market. I can say confidently that the future holds good for Honda India if they are serious about the things he told he saw on their documents. Fingers Crossed.
This is what any firm says before they scoot, every large company has plans as they want to be considered a running concern. I am hoping Honda thrives as we have a City at home, quoting Mike Tyson "everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face".
Old 11th January 2023, 14:20   #117
BHPian

Wishing that the angry looking fronts of vehicles trend die down soon.
Looking scary should not be the norm. Like this smiley :
Attached Thumbnails
Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-capture.jpg  

Ashutosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 14:30   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
This is what any firm says before they scoot, every large company has plans as they want to be considered a running concern. I am hoping Honda thrives as we have a City at home, quoting Mike Tyson "everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face".
Here in Pune, Crystal Honda dealership has been going heavy renovation. A few months back one of the Honda executives had specifically mentioned about R&D investments along with budget for marketing and showrooms. If one is true then other might be true as well. One can hope.
Old 11th January 2023, 15:16   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead23 View Post
So the SUV though based on current gen amaze it will be no more Mobilio/BR-V.
+1 to this. 1.5 NA/CVT/e-HEV all are welcome addition.

Moreover this Creta segment SUV will be launched in India first and the same vehicle will be exported back to Japan later on. The Vehicle certainly is a looker as informed by person doing development activities. This will certainly revive some sales in HCIL business, especially when there is so much waiting period for most of the models.
UD17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 17:33   #120
BHPian

Honda dealerships in BLR are also getting renovated and they are taking people from their dealerships to see the new SUV in Thailand, later this month.

As per one of the people, I spoke to at the dealership - he said, Honda is out of time and cannot afford to make anymore mistakes. Hinted at an on-road price of 25L with the 1.5L petrol powerplant and interiors will definitely not be low-rent.

Person said there will be 2 new launches this year.

Despite owning 2 Honda cars and 2 Honda bikes at home, I really dont have any confidence in Honda's automobile business in India anymore.

Even Maruti has shown a 500 km plus EV concept at Auto Expo and Honda is planning to launch a run of the mill SUV in 2023 with none of the famed engineering prowess they were known for earlier!
Redline6800 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks