Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2023, 18:16   #211
BHPian

I had stepped out during lunch time from my office for some work in Whitefield and look what I spotted:
The new Harrier with Camo. Overall shape and silhouette looked same with some styling elements differing. The tail lights were not finished properly and still seemed like an alpha version on real testing. I was wondering why would someone bring this test mule out of Pune plant to risk exposure.

What struck out was that the person driving the car was very formally dressed like a Software Engineer . But anyways didn’t pay much attention and went along my way. Sorry for the not so good pic, I thought I would have a better video on my Dashcam but realized that it was not capturing later. I was driving alone so could not click more pics.

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-harrier.jpeg

Anyways back to work and in the evening while returning from office, this time spot the new Nexon. This time wife was with me and we could capture a lot of pics. Similar feedback again, some rough edges, not fully finished. Overall the Nexon was better finished than Harrier test mule.

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-nexon-far.jpeg

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-nexon-rear.jpeg

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-nexon-side.jpeg

Dont forget to notice the top hanging rear wiper in the Nexon. This was weird. I have not seen such a setup in any production car for a long time. May be it was a temporary setup in the Pre Production car only. The wheel design was also funky - not sure if it was alloys or steel rim.

The whole day kept thinking why were there two Test Mules of Tata cars In Bangalore doing when they should have been in the Pune plant – and then it struck me – both the cars took a turn inside a Tech Park where Harman company (which had acquired JBL) is housed so most probably these were here in Bangalore for sound setup and Audio testing.
swarnava.ch is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 18:25   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option

I saw the Harrier as well in whitefield on Saturday, I was driving alone and it came from opposite direction. If I go looking I will find the dashcam footage, but don't think it is worth the effort.

I also saw it near ITPL so probably yes they are probably doing some audio testing/tweaking on the cars.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 18:32   #213
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post

Dont forget to notice the top hanging rear wiper in the Nexon. This was weird. I have not seen such a setup in any production car for a long time.
Most Land Rover's nowadays have such a packaging for rear windscreen wash wipe system - everything's tucked in under the rear tailgate spoiler. Thus, the rear windscreen looks neater and rear windscreen lower visibility also improves a bit.
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 19:49   #214
BHPian

Quote:

Dont forget to notice the top hanging rear wiper in the Nexon. This was weird. I have not seen such a setup in any production car for a long time. May be it was a temporary setup in the Pre Production car only. The wheel design was also funky - not sure if it was alloys or steel rim.
The whole day kept thinking why were there two Test Mules of Tata cars In Bangalore doing when they should have been in the Pune plant – and then it struck me – both the cars took a turn inside a Tech Park where Harman company (which had acquired JBL) is housed so most probably these were here in Bangalore for sound setup and Audio testing.
Is it the same tech park that has Bosch too !
PreludeSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 19:58   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dont forget to notice the top hanging rear wiper in the Nexon. This was weird. I have not seen such a setup in any production car for a long time. May be it was a temporary setup in the Pre Production car only.
At its proper resting position, it will lead to a much cleaner look in the rear. The wiper will be hidden and will come down only when in use. Full size GM SUVs and Toyota models sold in USA has top mounted rear wipers. The Prado/Lexus GX also had top mounted rear wipers, but in the new gen Lexus GX they went back to the conventional position, even after retaining the openable rear window.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 11:49   #216
BHPian

While the top down rear wiper will provide a cleaner look but functionally won't it be step down. Not exactly sure how bad the impact on visibility will be but the windscreen will have a bigger portion of the clean area on the top rather than the bottom of the windscreen which is where you need to see more than the top.

Cheers,
zadoom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 13:21   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadoom View Post
... the bottom of the windscreen which is where you need to see more than the top.
Valid point. For the rear, the bottom part of the windshield helps rear visibility. For the front, a top mount wiper is fine for buses and trucks.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 21:50   #218
Senior - BHPian

Harrier facelift spotted alongside old model.

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-20230704_215008.jpg

Source : Rushlane
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 18:04   #219
Senior - BHPian

Tata Harrier facelift

Quote:
Production of the Harrier facelift is expected to begin by September, with its launch likely to happen in October.
Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-smartselect_20230705180226_twitter.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 5th July 2023 at 18:06.
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 09:41   #220
BHPian

For those who got tired of seeing the pictures of the camouflaged Harrier.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Co4WIEPo7VA/
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-screenshot_20230706092516.png  

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-screenshot_20230706092456.png  

damodar is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 14:40   #221
BHPian

Spotted this Harrier being tested this morning near IISC. Couldn't look inside as I had to reach office.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-screenshot_2023070614374538_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg  

Sreesh1009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 22:44   #222
BHPian

Spotted Harrier facelift in Bangalore - Whitefield Main Road @Shell. They were filling in fuel.

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-img_6557.jpg

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-img_6559.jpg

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-img_6558.jpg
hardilip is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 23:15   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Spotted Harrier facelift in Bangalore - Whitefield Main Road @Shell. They were filling in fuel.

Attachment 2472584

Attachment 2472585

Attachment 2472586
This is the Nexon and not the Harrier.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 10:05   #224
BHPian

Spoke to a friend in TaMo - Nexon is being launched in Sep just before the festivities kick in and Harrier/Safari are planned for late Dec.
Motorhead23 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 17:10   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Any idea what fuel? This could give us an idea whether the petrol engine is being planned or not.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks