Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2023, 16:20   #166
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option

Can't spot anything different apart from the Gear shifter. The infotainment is the same as the MY23 variants. Looks to be a cosmetic update only with a new headlamp unit and front grille. Don't expect to see L2 ADAS added unless they make the shift from hydraulic to electric power steering.
Old 5th April 2023, 10:46   #167
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option

Tata Harrier, Safari facelifts coming by October 2023.

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-20230404072529_harrier.jpg

Quote:
- Harrier, Safari facelifts' production likely to begin in September 2023

- Price announcement mostly before Diwali this year

- New 1.5-litre turbo-petrol could join powertrain line-up
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 5th April 2023 at 10:47.
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 12:01   #168
BHPian

Personally, not even touching it with a barge pole until Tata comes out with a Global NCAP crash test.

Hope to see a petrol engine that could potentially result in Tata sending it to Global NCAP since it wouldn't have had the LHD to RHD FMJ engine issue.
prakhar1998 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 20:14   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Harrier, Safari facelifts coming by October 2023.

Attachment 2437149

Source
Tata should plonk a bigger Turbo Petrol engine in the Harrier / Safari twins considering their weight and the power competition is offering on petrol variants.
drift2race is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 21:36   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Some taller people might be disappointed to see that they have not fixed the dreaded "sharp silver trim of knee death" at the bottom of the dashboard that fouls with the driver's knee. I have faced this problem myself and have seen many taller car reviewers and BHPians complain about this.
Spot on! I was actively looking at the Harrier/Safari duo and went to check them out last weekend only to discover this to my horror! For a vehicle this big and spacious.. i was absolutely appalled to find this. I'm 6'3 and finding a comfortable driving position for me is a challenge in most cars but for the life of me i never expected to run into an issue with SUV's!

It was so apparent in fact that the minute i adjusted the seat and position for my comfort.. my left kneecap was flush against the curved flare of the dashboard trim. The worst part? The dead pedal position on the Harrier is significantly higher than other vehicles!

It's almost shocking they have a product designed so poorly with drivers ergonomics given all the pedigree from JLR and what not!

Thanks to your post..i found out that this problem is actually a thing with the Harrier/Safari duo. What's even more weird is that Tata don't seem to bother about correcting it
Vandit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 10:12   #171
Senior - BHPian

Tata Safari facelift spied alongside Mahindra XUV700

The updated version of the Tata Safari has been caught testing once again. Unlike the test mules seen earlier, this test car has the production-spec front bumper.

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-harriersafarifaceliftspiedxuv700testing3747x420.jpg

Like the Nexon facelift, the upcoming Safari will also receive a redesigned front fascia, with what appears to be an LED light bar. The front grille will be reprofiled and the headlamps will now be housed inside vertical pods on either side of the bumper.

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-harriersafarifaceliftspiedxuv700testing4747x420.jpg

The Safari facelift could also receive some cosmetic changes to the rear. It could get new LED taillights with an LED light bar and other modifications. The Tata Harrier is also expected to receive similar updates.

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-harriersafarifaceliftspiedxuv700testing1768x317.jpg

Inside, the Safari and Harrier are expected to get a larger 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a full-digital instrument cluster and a redesigned centre console with a new gearshift lever. The SUVs are also expected to get ADAS.

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-harriersafarifaceliftspiedxuv700testing2747x420.jpg

The updated Harrier and Safari are expected to carry forward the same 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that makes 168 BHP and 350 Nm. The engine will be paired with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic. The carmaker could also debut its new 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine on the updated Harrier and Safari. This unit puts out 168 BHP and 280 Nm.

Source: Anvay Sheolikar via Rushlane

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 12th April 2023 at 18:34. Reason: As requested
TusharK is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 13:06   #172
BHPian

My brother booked the Red Dark Harrier 2 months back and done with the partial payment as well. Dealer is saying Tata had put the delivery of Red Dark versions on hold not highlighting any reason. Anyone has idea about when the Red Dark delivery will start ?
Old 12th April 2023, 13:56   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
My brother booked the Red Dark Harrier 2 months back and done with the partial payment as well. Dealer is saying Tata had put the delivery of Red Dark versions on hold not highlighting any reason. Anyone has idea about when the Red Dark delivery will start ?
The deliveries started about a month back. I have seen atleast 2 Red Dark Safaris on the road.
anshumandun is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 14:45   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Deliveries have started from Mid-March. I have seen at least 4-5 Red Dark Harriers/Safaris on the road.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 17:39   #175
BHPian

I was very keen on the launch of the Red Dark Harrier, which many were claiming was the facelift. This update actually ticked all boxes of my requirement. Circumstances postponed my buy by 6 months. Seems putting off was a blessing in disguise. Now keenly waiting for the facelift(Actual). Hoping the hydraulic steering is replaced to support the radar guided cruise control.
On a side note, doesn't these frequent updates (almost every 6 months) create buyers remorse? You spend like a small fortune on cars these days and it ends up being updated by the time the new car smell fades out.
deepjaju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 17:50   #176
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Deliveries are started already. I have seen one red+black in Pune. I suggest checking with some other dealers to confirm it.
satish.gawai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 15:00   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Try to check with any other dealer, who might get an allocation quickly. Deliveries have started and I am all set to take the delivery of a Tata Safari XZA+ O in 3-4 days. I am getting the car within 15 days of booking.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 19:52   #178
BANNED

New tata safari Facelift spotted
Im expecting a new electronic steering enabling adaptive cruise control
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-img_0004.jpeg  

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-img_0001.jpeg  

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-img_0003.jpeg  

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-img_9998.jpeg  

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-img_0002.jpeg  

Aditikpurohit is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 18:24   #179
BHPian

A close friend recently bought a Safari. About 2 Kms from the dealership the infotainment system blacked out and so did the screen in the instrument cluster.

Should be fun to see ADAS in a TATA.
omranga98 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 11:52   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omranga98 View Post
Should be fun to see ADAS in a TATA.
The ADAS equipped model has already been on sale since March 2023. Did you not know this? It is fun actually!

Niggles have been part and parcel of TATA for sometime now. But they have been striving to improve. I would let the sales figures speak for themselves.
r24x7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks