Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2022, 18:06   #121
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option

Off all the editions that Tata is launching quarter after quarter, the most sort after edition would be the " Niggle free edition ". It's appalling to read the number of threads pertaining to niggles in member's Harriers (even after 3 years of launch) and their struggle with Tata's ASS to get them resolved.

Hoping this facelift is that edition
Sk8r is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 19:41   #122
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option

TATA seems to have been filled with some new life now. The speed of features addition, changes (large and small) and the zeal to somehow keep the product fresh is really a welcome change. All this is going in vain, as their basic manufacturing fit and finish team is not keeping up with the design and engineering. Only if they get the basis right, there is not much more than this product line can do.
I am assuming these changes in the harrier will also make it to the safari, where it makes more sense too. Everything else including the pricing is right, its a little heavier and slower, not that one will notice too much.
TATA has borrowed the platform from a much mature product line, all they need to do is get the car right on top of it. Finish it like a 20L+ car. keep up with the times. Almost there, but just doesn't make the cut.
man_and_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 19:48   #123
BHPian

Was going to check out the Harrier this weekend as we are considering it as an option to replace our Ecosport. But will hold off on that till early next year as it looks like most models in the segment (Creta, Seltos, Harrier, Hector) are getting updates.

Hope they work on getting the niggles and fit and finish fixed as those are the only things holding back this beautiful car.
rahulcmoulee is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 22:37   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Harrier facelift spied testing
Is there any word on If the interiors of the Harrier will also be revised/facelifted or is it purely an exterior facelift with the mentioned feature addition?
Old 30th September 2022, 11:48   #125
BHPian

More than ADAS, I feel Harrier needs an AWD or a 4X4 system. My friend who drives XUV700 AX7 L says that ADAS is not so practical in Indian road conditions.

Also, Tata should test Harrier at GNCAP. Somehow, if Harrier can score a 5 star rating, it would definitely put a competition to XUV700 and Jeep Compass sales.
What I read from this forum is that Harrier scored a 2 star rating in Tata's internal crash test facility.
MithunSathianat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 18:33   #126
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Apart from the speculated feature upgrades, Tata may introduce first-in-class features for ADAS like a camera cleaning system. Going the future way TML is also working on integrating LiDAR in cars and working on a LiDAR cleaning system as well. Long way to go though but they are showing their innovation capabilities.

Quote:
What I read from this forum is that Harrier scored a 2 star rating in Tata's internal crash test facility.
This is new to me

I don't recall reading it anywhere.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th September 2022 at 19:47. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Old 30th September 2022, 18:48   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.gawai View Post
This is new to me

It would be one of the false and negative rumors which are propagated by naysayers about Tata motors. So no need to read into it. While all other cars from Tata's stable are 4 or 5 stars, it is not possible for Harrier (and Safari) to achieve 2 stars. It is Tata motors who brought safety as an important aspect of a car. It can never be 2 stars for their flagship products.
speed79 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 23:44   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

Attachment 2362990

Attachment 2362991

Source
Rear looks similar to current car. Those chunky lights on front indicates they are hiding new headlights. Although, split setup will continue with DRLs on top. Hope they revise interior layout and finally, replace current laggy infotainment with a new one. Fingers crossed new infotainment also trickles down in Nexon.
Old 1st October 2022, 18:33   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Apart from the speculated feature upgrades, Tata may introduce first-in-class features for ADAS like a camera cleaning system..
Any basic ADAS setup with a camera always is designed to mitigate blockage, because of a dirty windshield as well as factors like fogging. Hence they are always placed in the sweep area of the wiper and come with defoggging lines like the rear windshield. Not sure what is first in class here with respect to camera cleaning system. Same with the XUV 700 as well. Thats basic engineering of an ADAS camera.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 19:43   #130
BHPian

Could the facelift look like this? This sketch was spotted in Avinya launch video, you can also refer my earlier post.

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-avinya1.jpg

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-avinya2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=EDnrCmgdThY

In the Avinya introduction video, check video at 5:14 to 5:15. You will see 2 design sketches that are closer to production form.

What car could that be? Harrier twin updates? Take a guess.

Attachment 2302268

Attachment 2302269
varunswnt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 12:21   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Any basic ADAS setup with a camera always is designed to mitigate blockage, because of a dirty windshield as well as factors like fogging. Hence they are always placed in the sweep area of the wiper and come with defoggging lines like the rear windshield. Not sure what is first in class here with respect to camera cleaning system. Same with the XUV 700 as well. Thats basic engineering of an ADAS camera.
Agree with you on some fronts.
But if you look at the current camera positions for rear or front, they are placed pretty low (they have to) somewhere in the hatch door or near number plate mountings (the front camera is placed in the bumper area) and the 360 deg camera setup is mounted on the wings mirror. LiDAR also is generally placed in the front bumper. All these areas are very much prone to dust and dirt, especially in Indian conditions.

More and more we are going toward automation, more and more inputs will be based on cameras or sensors and to have proper inputs these need to be clean. Here the cleaning system comes in pictures and many companies are working towards it.

Refer below to an informative video of this new technology...

Old 3rd October 2022, 12:43   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Agree with you on some fronts.
But if you look at the current camera positions for rear or front, they are placed pretty low (they have to) somewhere in the hatch door or near number plate mountings (the front camera is placed in the bumper area) and the 360 deg camera setup is mounted on the wings mirror. LiDAR also is generally placed in the front bumper. All these areas are very much prone to dust and dirt, especially in Indian conditions.
The examples you show are cameras used for 360 degree view. They come with washer in most premium cars. They aren't used for ADAS. The XUV700 and MG Astor come with the ADAS camera pasted on the top edge of the windshield. Hope that clarifies my point earlier. Providing washer for the 360 degree cameras again isn't something new.

Here is an image where I have highlighted the difference:
Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-9b2b8c57cefa4ce09466bb2261e1759f.jpeg

Last edited by audioholic : 3rd October 2022 at 12:49.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 14:04   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The examples you show are cameras used for 360 degree view. They come with washer in most premium cars. They aren't used for ADAS. The XUV700 and MG Astor come with the ADAS camera pasted on the top edge of the windshield. Hope that clarifies my point earlier. Providing washer for the 360 degree cameras again isn't something new.

Here is an image where I have highlighted the difference:
Attachment 2364150
Sir, you are completely right as far as today's ADAS system working. As you mentioned, in XUV 700 the radar and camera are used for ADAS and mounted behind the IRVM.

The radar-based systems is having some limitations in detecting objects, especially moving ones (e.g pedestrians) and hence many OEMs will be going for LiDAR technology which is very much sophisticated compared to RADAR. Going forward cameras (rear/front/360) along with LiDAR will play important role in automation.

Quote:
They come with washer in most premium cars
Sorry, it's my ignorance, I have missed this.

Thanks for the clarity...
satish.gawai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 13:38   #134
BHPian

Quote:

This is new to me

Please read the related discussion here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4738032 (The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!)

Except from Harrier and Safari which uses Fiat engine, rest all models are crash tested.
Why not just these two?
MithunSathianat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 13:50   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MithunSathianat View Post
Please read the related discussion here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4738032 (The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!)

Except from Harrier and Safari which uses Fiat engine, rest all models are crash tested.
Why not just these two?
Thanks for sharing this link.

I believe the statement made in this post is an assumption. Harrier/Safari is yet to crash test by GNCAP (correct me if I am wrong).

If the information is true, it is really heartbreaking. But we should wait till it gets tested.

Tata, lot of speculations here, pl do the test ASAP.
satish.gawai is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks