Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
213,634 views Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2023, 03:09   #166
Senior - BHPian
 
Cresterk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,211
Thanked: 3,979 Times
Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
Mercedes was not kidding. C 220d shows as 77.29L on Carwale now.
Amazing. In less than a year, the C220d costs as much as the C300d on launch. Now the people who bought the car for 70L onroad last year can sell their used cars for 69-71L claiming new one costs 77L. I was told this by a mercedes salesman when he was trying to convince me to buy it. Buy now and when we increase prices, you can sell it off for about the same price. He even gave me an example of one of his customers who bought a GLE, used it for 2 years and sold it off for just 1L less.

This is all great when there is a real shortage of cars, massive demand and interest rates are low with banks are throwing loans to everyone with a heartbeat. But the moment any of these factors change, this whole house of cards will come tumbling down and these people will be left holding massive loans on cars that are worth less than half. Even worse if you opted for floating interest rate over fixed rates as this will create a sense of urgency to get rid of the car. Used market will be flooded with people trying to quickly get rid of their cars which will further reduce their prices as buyers dry up. The dealerships will be fine since they already sold you the car and got paid, they are not the ones holding the liability.


Anyway it was this conversation that convinced me to reduce my budget, book a new toyota and wait. I might get the chance to own a sparingly used german in the next 2 years for 1/2 the current price.
Cresterk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 06:41   #167
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,712
Thanked: 2,349 Times
Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
This is all great when there is a real shortage of cars, massive demand and interest rates are low with banks are throwing loans to everyone with a heartbeat. But the moment any of these factors change, this whole house of cards will come tumbling down and these people will be left holding massive loans on cars that are worth less than half. Even worse if you opted for floating interest rate over fixed rates as this will create a sense of urgency to get rid of the car. Used market will be flooded with people trying to quickly get rid of their cars which will further reduce their prices as buyers dry up. The dealerships will be fine since they already sold you the car and got paid, they are not the ones holding the liability.
While this is logically true, it doesn't probably affect the truly rich luxury car buyer. Time and again, luxury car prices have gone up yet Merc has only been making new records in terms of annual sales. The scenario you mentioned is true for people who shouldn't be looking at a luxury car yet stretch themselves to own one on a loan. Maybe this number is going up as well but I still think the luxury car market is not as sensitive as the mass car market. Unless something radical like demonization hits again.
Nilesh5417 is offline  
Old 5th April 2023, 11:33   #168
Senior - BHPian
 
Cresterk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,211
Thanked: 3,979 Times
Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
While this is logically true, it doesn't probably affect the truly rich luxury car buyer. Time and again, luxury car prices have gone up yet Merc has only been making new records in terms of annual sales. The scenario you mentioned is true for people who shouldn't be looking at a luxury car yet stretch themselves to own one on a loan. Maybe this number is going up as well but I still think the luxury car market is not as sensitive as the mass car market. Unless something radical like demonization hits again.
I'm not talking about the S class buyer. I'm talking about the average A, C or E class buyer. I'm not counting on mercedes lowering their prices but rather the used car market to fall steeply. Also, the truly rich car owner won't care much about selling his old car off for 30L vs 80L if he decides to get a new one that catches his fancy.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 13:05   #169
Distinguished - BHPian
 
androdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 2,976
Thanked: 19,800 Times
Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Do you guys remember the days when these German brands were aggressively trying to grow the customer base, not just grow sales but actually trying to broaden their target customer base , by launching corporate editions with halogen headlamps and giving amazing discounts? Well, they have totally abandoned that strategy after realising two things: 1. India is not going to churn out wealthy families like China 2. Indian society doesn't like spending on luxury (we are value conscious). As a result, these brands have started catering exclusively to those wealthy customers who have the funds and the inclination to spend on luxury cars. So instead of corporate editions, we see more of AMGs, Maybachs, //M editions, etc. being launched with steady shift of pricing range to stratospheric levels. This trend is here to stay.
androdev is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 14:50   #170
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 161 Times
Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Do you guys remember the days when these German brands were aggressively trying to grow the customer base, not just grow sales but actually trying to broaden their target customer base , by launching corporate editions with halogen headlamps and giving amazing discounts? Well, they have totally abandoned that strategy after realising two things: 1. India is not going to churn out wealthy families like China 2. Indian society doesn't like spending on luxury (we are value conscious). As a result, these brands have started catering exclusively to those wealthy customers who have the funds and the inclination to spend on luxury cars. So instead of corporate editions, we see more of AMGs, Maybachs, //M editions, etc. being launched with steady shift of pricing range to stratospheric levels. This trend is here to stay.
The way I see it, the brands took a loss back then to reap the fruit today. Now brands do not see the need to offer a price-cut variant of their car to be able to sell them. People have started to associate big brands with a big chunk of money. Not with big power figures, great handling characteristics, or anything of that nature, just money.

A luxury car is becoming a more and more common sight on the road. Mercedes, which would offer lakhs of discount on a year old S class does not need to offer that huge number of discount to attract a buyer today.

So yeah, the trend is here to stay. Unfortunately, my income would increase at a linear rate and the prices of these fine cars follow an exponential curve.
Mechb63 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 18:40   #171
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 16
Thanked: 7 Times
Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
We had negotiated 61 + TCS for individual Mumbai registration. .
Which dealership is this ?
SSaha is offline  
Old 10th April 2023, 14:35   #172
Team-BHP Support
 
manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,914
Thanked: 4,037 Times
Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSaha View Post
Which dealership is this ?
Audi Mumbai West. They are expecting 2023 stock of the A6 with the undeleted features shortly and may also have stocks of the 2022 A4 (just incase you're interested).
manson is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 22:06   #173
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 16
Thanked: 7 Times
Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Audi Mumbai West. They are expecting 2023 stock of the A6 with the undeleted features shortly and may also have stocks of the 2022 A4 (just incase you're interested).
I was looking for A6 technology earlier this year but postponed it now as it was not coming with matrix lighting due to semiconductor issues. Maybe end of this year or early next year will go for it

Last edited by aah78 : 13th April 2023 at 02:32. Reason: Typo.
SSaha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 00:30   #174
BHPian
 
drkunaldas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 141
Thanked: 5 Times
Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Hi
I am getting a unregistered 2022 Audi Q5Tech variant 19k TD car at Ex Showroom 55lacs with 5yrs warranty. (Std Ex showroom os 67Lacs).
Is the price ok? This is the first offer
drkunaldas is offline  
Old 13th April 2023, 01:09   #175
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16
Thanked: 204 Times
Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Used market will be flooded with people trying to quickly get rid of their cars which will further reduce their prices as buyers dry up.
Almost reminds me of a similar bubble which spectacularly exploded back in 2008 under suspiciously similar circumstances. Someone took "lets bring back the 2000s" a bit too literally .

Last edited by aah78 : 13th April 2023 at 02:32. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Nayra is offline  
Old 13th April 2023, 01:58   #176
Senior - BHPian
 
CEF_Beasts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,608
Thanked: 16,941 Times
Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkunaldas View Post
I am getting a unregistered 2022 Audi Q5Tech variant 19k TD car at Ex Showroom 55lacs with 5yrs warranty. (Std Ex showroom os 67Lacs).
Is the price ok? This is the first offer
I would say a big fat NO.

First reason being with the Discounts on Audi cars, you should be able to get a deal of around 63-67 lakh OTR (depending on the trim chosen) inclusive of the service package and extended warranty on a brand new Q5 and second reason the abuse the car would've gone through in those 19k kms being a TD car.

Check a previous post on this thread by BHPian Sahil: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5463522 (The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes etc)

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 13th April 2023 at 02:02.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 09:55   #177
Newbie
 
ameyfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 16
Thanked: 34 Times
Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Hello everyone,

Family is on the verge of buying a luxury car instantly.
I'm getting an Audi A4 with brown interior at 5-6 lakhs discount. And with beige interiors at 2.5 lakhs discount. I personally want the beige but am concerned whether maintenance of beige leather will be a hassle and whether it'll get dirty quickly.

Also, the brown interior one is immediately available, beige interior will take 7 days to reach since the dealer says they have to place order on their portal. I'm in a bit of a hurry since I will be rejoining work by 30th so would like to have the car well beforehand.

Should I go for brown? or negotiate more for the beige?
Need guidance because this will be the first luxury car in the family and we want to make a correct decision.
Thank you.
ameyfire is offline  
Old 13th April 2023, 11:14   #178
BHPian
 
revsperminute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 296
Thanked: 1,090 Times
Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyfire View Post

Should I go for brown? or negotiate more for the beige?
Need guidance because this will be the first luxury car in the family and we want to make a correct decision.
Thank you.
Interior colour should ideally be to oneís taste however I see you live in the same area as me. My Octavia has beige interiors and itís a pain to keep it clean in the monsoons whereas coffee/brown leather doesnít get marked easily.

But if you are not going to be daily driving the car or only visit places where thereís less dirt and dust, go for the beige. Even if it gets dirty, thereís nothing 30 minutes and some interior detailing spray canít fix.
revsperminute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 20:40   #179
BHPian
 
drkunaldas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 141
Thanked: 5 Times
Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

I have an offer of AUDI Etron 55 2021 unregistered model. Ex showroom 1.3Cr available for 95lacs ex showroom.
Is it a good deal
drkunaldas is offline  
Old 17th April 2023, 07:03   #180
BHPian
 
Shreyas Aterkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 314
Thanked: 238 Times
Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyfire View Post
Hello everyone,

Family is on the verge of buying a luxury car instantly.
I'm getting an Audi A4 with brown interior at 5-6 lakhs discount. And with beige interiors at 2.5 lakhs discount. I personally want the beige but am concerned whether maintenance of beige leather will be a hassle and whether it'll get dirty quickly.
.
Hey hi. I had a casual chat with Audi South and understood that discounts are much higher than what you have been quoted. Do check out with both the dealers before finalizing. I was indicated Rs. 10 lakh discount when the sales advisor knew that I would not be buying and that I have booked the Kodiaq.

While brown and beige is a personal choice, I like brown better. However, I have beige on my City (6yrs) and you need to do periodic interior cleaning to ensure it looks spic and span so I would suggest just go ahead with your choice even if you need to wait for a week. You donít buy cars everyday so better to get what you like.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (3) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks