Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2022, 12:01   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
This has been quite the helpful thread/idea Sahil.

What are your thoughts on making a secondary thread to be focused on the 'semi-luxury' car market, Skoda and VW? Solely for their CKD only models as the Octavia, Superb and Tiguan?

I understand they will be out of production in a few months time but all things point to them making a return later, with the Tiguan continuing on till the CBU/CKD replacements for the Octavia comes later in the year.
I personally think it's not a good idea and will only make things very confusing for forum user. But again, this a call the mods should take.

Currently, I think people are choosing to post their "semi luxury" queries in either of the threads. Infact, semi luxury buyers reading this thread may just move to the luxury segment seeing the small price difference after discounting.
Sahil is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 15:38   #62

Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
That’s a steal of a deal, I am being offered the Q5 technology at 68 on road in Gurgaon with the warranty and service package. Wondering if that’s a good deal at all now!
AUDI GURUGRAM is not very good at offering deals, check for AUDI SOUTH DELHI and sit with an advance payment as bait and get things rolling in your favour.
There was a Sikh Gentleman in Audi Gurugram (don't remember his name) but he is good once he is sure that you are not browsing but are a serious buyer.
Old 16th December 2022, 18:30   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

While this is a luxury "New car" thread, I am taking the liberty to discuss a luxury used car trend.

@Mod- You can consider to remove the word "New" from the thread title if you feel so, so this can become a one stop thread for new as well as used luxury car discussions.

As we know, the luxury used car market has been very hot past 2 years. However, luxury electric cars seem to not be as hot. Below is one example:
https://www.bigboytoyz.com/used-luxu...se-detail-page

The Jag i-pace was launched approx 18 months ago at an ex-showroom price of 1.12cr for the high spec HSE(now it is 1.25cr).However the above link car has been on sale for several weeks on BBT for 89L thats a big drop! A similar priced petrol car has been holding much better value.

I thought it maybe because it is a Jag but same is the case for the luxury car segment's favourite brand too- Mercedes Benz. I have seen a few EQC400 that are barely a year old go for 75L when it is priced at 1cr.

I would have expected electric cars to hold better value as they don't have an engine that is prone to wear and tear hence its a "Safer" used purchase. Moreover, their service as well as running cost is negligible. However, it seems the resale values aren't holding up to this theory even for value conscious used car buyers.

Last edited by Sahil : 16th December 2022 at 18:38.
Sahil is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 19:05   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
What is your discounted ex-showroom price?
What is the RTO tax % in Gurgaon ? If it’s at par with MH where it’s 13% on undiscounted price which amounts to about 8.5L then you have a better deal.

I’m currently negotiating on a technology q5 too, will close in a day or two.
Got Q5 premium plus 62 on road in gurgaon including 5 yr warranty and 5 yr maintenance package in Aug 22
samitjain is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 23:03   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
Got Q5 premium plus 62 on road in gurgaon including 5 yr warranty and 5 yr maintenance package in Aug 22
Good deal. Deals are about the same right now
Old 17th December 2022, 08:21   #66
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Please restrict this thread to discussions on luxury marques only, and not value luxury cars like Skodas, VWs or then, even the Tucson. Thank you.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th December 2022, 11:51   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinS View Post
Aren’t Skoda Superb and Kodiaq luxury cars? L&K costs over 43 lakh on-road in majority of states and it’s even more for kodiaq.
For instance I compared Audi a4 premium and Superb L&K before finalising my Superb. These are the differences-
Thanks for your detailed break down vipinS, but the suggestion was to have more streamlined price check thread for what is 'considered' as semi-luxury or value luxury, not get into a discussion about how great the VW/Skoda CKDs are compared to entry level luxury germans, most on T-Bhp long enough are well aware : )

Quote:
I personally think it's not a good idea and will only make things very confusing for forum user. But again, this a call the mods should take.
Fair enough. If it feels it will get too cluttered. I just read GTOs mod note above.

Last edited by Maky : 17th December 2022 at 11:53.
Old 17th December 2022, 13:43   #68
BHPian

I purchased my A4 PP+ for 48L on-road in Aug 2022 end from Audi Gurugram, it includes 5 yr warranty and 3 CSVP.
amartya_bhp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2022, 22:53   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
That’s a steal of a deal, I am being offered the Q5 technology at 68 on road in Gurgaon with the warranty and service package. Wondering if that’s a good deal at all now!
I bought an A4 in October thsi year in Gurgaon. Got a really sweet deal with both Audi Delhi South and Gurgaon dealers competing on prices. Let me know if you need any help in getting a good deal
anish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 08:18   #70

I bought an a4 technology variant in September 22 for 51.5 OTR. I think the year end offers will be more than what they were during my time of purchase.
Old 20th December 2022, 07:34   #71
BHPian

I was offered an Audi A4 Technology variant with a 5 year service plan for 59.5L - 60L OTR last week in Bangalore. The sales advisor was waiting for an approval of an additional 50K discount and hence I've mentioned the price range offered to me.

I was debating between the A4 and the Mercedes A200/A200d (yes I know that they are not in the same league but I found nothing special in the new C-Class) and had almost decided to go with the A4 due to the lack of head and shoulder room even in the driver's seat of the A200 and the poor rear seat legroom at the back when I saw the GLA in the Mercedes showroom.

The GLA was a wildcard entry as I've always been fond of sedans and never considered crossovers/SUVs but after test driving the GLA, I noted that it solved all the problems that I'd faced in entry level luxury sedans. None of the sedans that I'd tested (Skoda Superb, Audi A4, BMW 330Li, Mercedes A200/A200d, C-Class) could provide the head and shoulder room for their size (though the rear seat legroom was very good in the Superb and the 330Li) and that feeling of space that the GLA provides.

Also, every sedan that I'd tested hit bottom over large speed breakers while the GLA with it's increased ground clearance and 18 inch tires did not. Also, though the GLA is 4.4m length, it did not feel like a barge like the Superb or the 330Li when driving. Since it is the SUV/crossover version (more like crossover) of the A-Class, the width was also suited to the restricted parking at my house. In addition, it had a few additional features over the A-Class for e.g. grab handles in the roof for passengers, panoramic sunroof, powered tailgate, tire inflator, multi-link rear suspension and 18 inch wheels with a good 235/50 patch size(increased sidewall height). In short, I found that it could be my main family car for both city and highway usage.

I've been offered the petrol GLA at 56.06L and the diesel GLA at 57.91L in Bangalore without a service plan. The SA told me that this is the new 2023 pricing with no year end benefits offered.

At this point I'm awaiting a test drive of the petrol GLA (both Sundaram Motors and Akshaya Motors in Bangalore do not have a petrol GLA for a test drive) as I did not like the vibrations felt in the extremely torquey (400 Nm) diesel GLA. The problem that I'm facing right now is that the GLA has a 6-7 month waiting period for delivery. BMW does not have stock of the X1 as I'm told that it is due for replacement and hence I could not even get a test drive for comparison. This year end is a rather strange time to be out shopping for a car. Even luxury cars have huge waiting periods!

Last edited by sydras : 20th December 2022 at 07:52.
sydras is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 09:33   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydras View Post
The problem that I'm facing right now is that the GLA has a 6-7 month waiting period for delivery. BMW does not have stock of the X1 as I'm told that it is due for replacement and hence I could not even get a test drive for comparison.
If I were you I would definitely wait for the new upcoming Bmw X1. It’s getting very positive feedback from all the reviewers and is better than last generation in each and every way.
vipinS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 13:00   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydras View Post
I was offered an Audi A4 Technology variant with a 5 year service plan for 59.5L - 60L OTR last week in Bangalore. The sales advisor was waiting for an approval of an additional 50K discount and hence I've mentioned the price range offered to me.
!
If you stretch yourself and negotiate hard, you could get yourself a Q5 premium plus in the 60s as mentioned by several here.

The Q5 is well worth the stretch as it is a whole other segment up. Other contenders you mention are just not in the same league.

Speak to other Audi dealers in your city and others too, you can get a premium plus if they have stock for 55L or below ex-showroom including the 3 year service pack and 5 year warranty.

Last edited by Sahil : 20th December 2022 at 13:02.
Sahil is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 14:09   #74
BHPian

Quote:
If you stretch yourself and negotiate hard, you could get yourself a Q5 premium plus in the 60s as mentioned by several here.
Not in the low 60s unfortunately. All thanks to the insane road tax in Bangalore. OP has to shell out at least an additional 9L on top of the 60 he is quoted for A4. This based on the discounts I have heard of so far. P+ retails at 77L OTR while Tecnology retails at 84L. Of course someone with better negotiating skills and pull may be able to shave off another 1L or thereabouts.
SR-71 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 18:55   #75

Hi - this is my first post in this group after many years of stalking the discussion boards.

As an existing A4 owner, I have been shopping around for a SUV (Q5 vs X3) and was hoping to cash in on the year end deals and take the plunge.

The discounts on Q5 (tech) that the Delhi and Mumbai dealerships are offering don’t seem to be the case in chennai. I am not sure if I should continue haggling or whether the manufacturer support is different for different cities (based on volumes)

Nonetheless- the discounted Q5 (together with the 5+5 - service/ warranty deal) is a good 8 lacs cheaper than the marginally discounted X3.

Given that X3 commands a better resale price vs Q5, would it be financially more prudent to go with the more expensive X3?

If I manage to get the Q5 at 70 OTR (the best I am being offered now is 72.5) should that tip the scales in favour of the Audi?

Any guidance for a truly confused second time luxury car buyer would be very welcome.
Car’toon’ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks