Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2023, 16:08   #121
BHPian

Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux_Noob View Post
So it turns out the Q3 is not E20 compliant. The information is available in the user manual kept inside the vehicles, and one can check the same under the heading “Fuel” rather than naively taking the word of the dealership (and end up paying ~4K as the cancellation fee, like I did). The same is also mentioned in the backside of the fuel lid once you open it - it will say E5, E10.

So Q3 booking stands cancelled.
Sorry to hear that you had to cancel. :(

I feel that premium fuel like xp95 will continue to be made available in E10 mix into reasonable future. Otherwise, all the luxury car market is at risk. The luxury market is any way at crossroads due to EV tech with many folks I know playing wait and watch. Not sure this is the right forum, but would love to know thoughts from others on this items.

In the spirit of this thread about pricing, perhaps one thing worth factoring into purchase of luxury cars is the price of the fuel.

On the positive side- you can re-consider in March if there are additional discounts. We still don't know how the CBU/CKD transition for Q3 will play into pricing, and the competitive pressure of new gen X1.

For what it's worth, New Delhi dealer is saying no discounts on Q3. I know this SA from my test drive of A4. But this conversation is over phone and I am yet to get a quote or do a TD.

He is saying the CBU pricing is much higher and Audi is bearing a significant cost to make the car available at "lower" price already. It is happening under the pressure of dealers as there is no entry product to sell. Not sure if true or a sales tactic.

Will share the quote as I get it.
attrip2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 16:46   #122
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by attrip2008 View Post
Father who is wanting to enter the luxury car segment is sort of sold on Audi brand and Q3 looks- accepting the feature shortcomings. You mentioned 3 lac discounts- Are they on just PP? or even the tech version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux_Noob View Post
I think they are on technology version as well. Basically, you can negotiate on the “logistics charge”, then they offer you inflated insurance quotes which you could take down by 50% based on a simple online comparison shopping website. Then there is a 1.6 lac support (most likely from Audi itself as both dealers in Mumbai offered exactly the same) on the higher registration cost for the car being a CBU. So all this shakes out to approx 3 lacs discount.
From my personal experience of getting the A4 last year in March-end, I can think of the following discount items for leverage:-

* Insurance: potential ~50% discount from the quoted price of about Rs 1.25 - 1.3 lakhs
* Logistics and depot charges: potential 50-75% discount from the quoted price of Rs 1 lakh. They will keep some charge to incur handling etc.
* Corporate discount: subjective to your employment organization's repute in the city. Usually ranges from Rs 1 -1.5 lakh
* Year-end discounts: usually 2 favorable "last week" times of the year to solicit the max possible discounts - December and March
* Service discounts: With Audi, there is also the play to leverage discounts under Service Packages. The Comprehensive Service Package is all you require kind of service assurance from Audi. It usually comprises a 5-year bundling of repair & replacement deal and runs into Rs 4-5 lakhs. Last year, I got this comprehensive service package FoC.
* Bank loan interest: there's also the potential to shave off 0.75-1% interest on your bank loan from the dealership connects, should you decide to avail of a car loan. Depending on the loan amount, this 1% interest discount can translate to a neat sum over the loan duration
* Existing car resale: finally, there's the potential of a sizeable existing car resale value, if applicable.
JoshMachine is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 19:27   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
From my personal experience of getting the A4 last year in March-end, I can think of the following discount items for leverage:-
Some additional points on Q3 wrt discounts, per my discussions with dealers
- No corporate discounts as it is a new launch
- service discounts - 3 year Comprehensive service plan+ 3 year extended warranty is offered already.
- No exchange bonus as it is a new launch
- Additionally, if you hold any AMEX card, there is a 50k discount on select models (A4, Q4, A6). You can google for it, it’s there on Amex website. But again not YET applicable to Q3.

Separately, if you go to myAudi.in weblink, now you see a lot more availability of the Q3. Earlier the only colour available in the Tech variant was Orange, but now almost all colour combinations are available. Not sure, if it means they have new stock available as the shipments arrived early Jan from Germany (CBU) or the car has see a lot of cancellations. The premium plus models were and still available in plenty. Again, it will be interesting to see if this “new” model is also put on the usual Audi March end sale. These are all MY22 cars btw which set sail from Germany in 2022 and arrived in 2023. This has not been a factor yet in pricing.
Old 17th January 2023, 19:59   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attrip2008 View Post
On the positive side- you can re-consider in March if there are additional discounts. We still don't know how the CBU/CKD transition for Q3 will play into pricing, and the competitive pressure of new gen X1.

For what it's worth, New Delhi dealer is saying no discounts on Q3. I know this SA from my test drive of A4. But this conversation is over phone and I am yet to get a quote or do a TD.
I also thought about the CKD point as it saves ~3.35 lacs (not counting the 1.6L discount) on the car based on Road tax savings per Mumbai percentages. But the dealer said they are not aware of any plans of Q3 being offered a s a CKD. I guess Audi will make a decision (if at all) after they see the volume response to justify setting up whatever facility investment is needed for a new product. On another note, given Q3 is already >halfway through its product life cycle (7 years I guess) given it was supposed to be launched in 2019, Audi may never setup a plant for the current gen model. it wil be interesting to check out if people eligible for BH registration can get better taxation even on CBUs. I am not eligible for the same so did not dig deep, but Audi RTO consultant seemed to simply replace the 12% tax figure with 20% making it even more expensive over the lifetime. There seems to be no clarity on BH taxation for CBU cars. But if some sleepy RTO guy gives you 12%, it is an 8% saving straight up.

Btw, both the dealers mentioned that the German build stands out compared to the same Audi cars assembled here, which may just be a sales tactic, but if you do visit the showroom, you will appreciate the door thud of the Q3. It stands out compared to the other 3 cars in its category. IT IS BUILT LIKE A TANK, and actually is a somewhat negative point for Premium plus version buyers as closing the boot with your hands is a bit of a workout. I am 6 ft+ and “healthy” built but I could feel it, people with family members of slender build who may operate the car may want to get it tested from them.

On the comment from your SA, it maybe worth probing it further. Out of the 3 people I dealt with here, 1 person denied any discounts only to concede later as he did not know that his manager had offered the same to me already. But I do not know for sure if this is support from dealers or from Audi. Maybe Audi sells less in Mumbai compared to Delhi hence better offers here.
Lux_Noob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 01:14   #125
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementj View Post
There weren't any real alternatives when we were looking out but I guess you have the Q3 and new X1 now and I d have had a tough choice to make at this time.
The new GLC will be without a doubt a great car but the segment is moving up and the new GLC 220d is set to land at 85L and the 300d coupe at 93L ish which is a good 50%-60% more. At that budget price point, you will have so much choice.
Good luck
You are right. Somehow I would prefer a MB over Audi. For me personally, The comfort while driving matters more than the engine trim.

And if GLC comes at 85L+ price range then it surely would be stretch to go for it considering the GLE OTR is very little above it.

This is the quote I got for the GLE with a Guaranteed Delivery in 2 months.
The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes etc-gle-quote.jpg

Although seeing the prices have confused me even further whether to spend so much. The GLA however is completely out due to the Height, GLC due to new facelift coming in and then with waiting time will push everything back atleast 6 months.

It further does not help that I am outside India and will be back next month to actually see the car myself.

Just putting my mind back to the drawing board and reading reviews and forums here also to make up my mind.
Abhinav6683 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 13:25   #126
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

- Always negotiate on ex-showroom price for discounts. The on-road price is usually super inflated to make you feel like you are getting a good deal but the base price is ex-showroom.
Can you elaborate what this means because reductions typically happen on insurance, extended warranty/ service plans, corporate discounts, loan commission payback etc. Are you referring to reductions outside of this?
Old 22nd January 2023, 13:44   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Can you elaborate what this means because reductions typically happen on insurance, extended warranty/ service plans, corporate discounts, loan commission payback etc. Are you referring to reductions outside of this?
Simple,
If Ex-Showroom is reduced, then the overall taxes are reduced as well.
Old 22nd January 2023, 14:01   #128
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbaz63 View Post
Simple,
If Ex-Showroom is reduced, then the overall taxes are reduced as well.
Can you elaborate further. As far as I know, Road tax / registration can't change so where do the savings happen with respect to taxes?
Old 22nd January 2023, 16:12   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
It’s quite simple, your ex showroom is essentially your car’s MRP hence discount on that is essentially discount on the car. All other factors are essential don’t have a MRP, such as insurance which is inflated/variable and then discount is shown to make it look like a saving. RTO tax is actual so that can’t be reduced.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 22:59   #130
BHPian

Has anyone purchased Mercedes GLA recently? Is there any scope of discount possible? Got a quote of 54L OTR Mumbai and absolutely no discounts plus 3 months waiting.

Test drove the BYD atto 3 and that is coming to 35L OTR Mumbai. Heart wants the GLA but mind says spending so much doesn’t make any sense and I should take the Atto 3
Old 27th January 2023, 17:54   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
Has anyone purchased Mercedes GLA recently? Is there any scope of discount possible? Got a quote of 54L OTR Mumbai and absolutely no discounts plus 3 months waiting.
When I had checked a few months back, the only “discount” offered was on insurance (think ~1 lac) which is generally inflated in the first place and you can cross check on the web yourself and then ask dealer to match or else you will take your own. Over and above that, you may get professional/corporate discounts if eligible.
Lux_Noob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 22:13   #132
Senior - BHPian

I made a post in another thread about the offer I received for the Volvo XC40 but I remembered we have a dedicated thread for Luxury car deals so here goes.

The Volvo XC40 has a stated On-road(Bombay) of 57,76,987/-. I was offered the following discounts:-

- Ex-Showroom calculated as 43,20,000 instead of 45,90,000("hassle-free")
- Insurance discounted from 2,58,003 as 1,07,000
For an On-road of = 51,17,984/-

Note I did not add Accessories pack because it is dumb, but would like to share that It was offered discounted from 2,38,000/- to 1,28,000/-. I did however retain the stated 'Auxillary charges' of 80,000/- that makes up the default On-road calculations as he refused to remove it, although I think upon further negotiation this can be removed.

Now to calculate the cost as it applies to most people, If one adds 1,47,027 for 2+3 Extended Warranty and 94,400 for 5 years Service package(Compact) the final On-road Bombay for the XC40 comes to = 53,59,411/-

So to conclude, from 57,76,987/- to 53,59,411/- or a discount of 4.17L
It should be mentioned that the originally stated On-road of 57.76L was without Service package, Extended Warranty but also included Accessories pack.

Note, I was referred by an existing Volvo owner and thus got a deal without any negotiation but it shouldnt take long to get here for Walk-in's, they seemed rather motivated to move units.
Hope this information is helpful to someone. After thoroughly test driving this vehicle I will be going back to my Tiguan and Kodiaq shortlist : )
Maky is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 11:37   #133
BHPian

A friend is looking for a BMW 5 series in NCR region. He was looking for the petrol version however, the Noida dealer has a 520d available with a offered discount of about 3 lacs.

530i has a claimed waiting period of 3 months and about 70k off.

Can anyone update on the waiting period and the expected discount?

Thanks

Rishi
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 01:13   #134
Senior - BHPian

Casually received a message today from Audi Kerala offering 4 lakhs off on ex-showroom of a 2022 MFY A4 premium, bringing the on-road price from 55L to 50L along with 5 years of warranty free. I have never even visited their showroom so you could probably get a much higher discount if you are a serious buyer.
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 16:13   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish View Post
I bought an A4 in October thsi year in Gurgaon. Got a really sweet deal with both Audi Delhi South and Gurgaon dealers competing on prices. Let me know if you need any help in getting a good deal
We're looking to buy an a4 too, Audi Gurugram quoted us around 50L for PP+ variant. would you mind letting me know which variant you bought and for how much?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks