Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2023, 19:11   #271
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar 2WD, now launched at Rs. 9.99 lakhs

An automatic 2WD Diesel would have been Automatic choice for tons of folks.

Glad to see Mahindra making good use of the Thar brand.
Old 10th January 2023, 19:16   #272
BHPian

The Jimny - stillbirth?

When the Jimny aka Gypsy is born, it is going to be a rather long first cry. The Thar has already turned the heat on with it's RWD offering. The road ahead for the Maruti baby is going to be rough - Petrol, low torque, and their nemesis, the GNCAP.

But Maruti can still turn the tables by offering a strong hybrid on the Jimny. But can they do it at short notice? Difficult. The all-grip technology is all very well, but is it enough to slow the Thar down?

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th January 2023 at 21:34. Reason: Typos and formatting edits. Please proofread posts before submitting. Thank you.
TopLiveCentre is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th January 2023, 20:39   #273
BHPian

Booked my Thar (Diesel LX Black)today morning. I got the booking docket from Mahindra which states the ex-showroom price and a delivery date of April 15, 2023. I hope this is part of the 10,000 as the pricing is clearly mentioned.

Mahindra Thar 2WD, now launched at Rs. 9.99 lakhs-thar.png
madbullram is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 23:03   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Booked my Thar (Diesel LX Black)today morning. I got the booking docket from Mahindra which states the ex-showroom price and a delivery date of April 15, 2023. I hope this is part of the 10,000 as the pricing is clearly mentioned.

Attachment 2402879
[quote=TopLiveCentre;5472226]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 337699gsd View Post

My booking Id is B-8043405 and I've been promised delivery by July 12. The booking docket says the ex showroom price as 1099999. It's not clear if I am protected against any change in price at the time of delivery, not explicitly at least
The delivery date is just an estimate and looks like the dealership guys have mentioned the dates themselves in the booking docket, unlike Scorpio N booking where delivery date was confirmed by Mahindra itself.

I say this because there’s no mention of date on my docket. Please see the below screenshot. This might be a regular practice, but lets see.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar 2WD, now launched at Rs. 9.99 lakhs-1356266a12564d1781db8675e6ea0349.jpeg  

337699gsd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 23:17   #275

To those who have booked Thar RWD.

I booked LX Diesel HT today through dealer. However, the dealer only provided a payment receipt.

How much time does it take to get the order number and booking confirmation?
Old 11th January 2023, 01:39   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mornian View Post
To those who have booked Thar RWD.

I booked LX Diesel HT today through dealer. However, the dealer only provided a payment receipt.

How much time does it take to get the order number and booking confirmation?
I got after 2 hours (may be earlier), but I didn't check constantly.
madbullram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 04:34   #277
BHPian

My cousin and I went to see the Thar 4x2 yesterday, but the dealership didn't have any Thar 4x2 on display or a test drive vehicle available. There was a Thar 4x4 manual (Hard top) with old Mahindra logos standing in the showroom as we were checking it out the salesperson approached us and we inquired about the status of the introductory price and if the 10000 bookings have already been done. He told us that they're still accepting the booking at introductory prices, it was a little shock for me as in past the bookings for M&M cars at introductory prices were all done in a matter of hours on day 1.

We decided to book the car as there's only a 10% deduction in case we cancel the booking, after completing all of the formalities and paying the booking amount of 21000/- we received the receipt of the booking amount and after 4-5 hours my cousin received a booking docket with estimated delivery on 26/01/2024.
NA-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 04:54   #278
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I got my reciept, obf details in an hour. The dealer then contacted me and sent me details from his side. There is no delivery estimate on my docket. Nor is there any information on price lock
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 09:13   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA-driver View Post
My cousin and I went to see the Thar 4x2 yesterday, but the dealership didn't have any Thar 4x2 on display or a test drive vehicle available. There was a Thar 4x4 manual (Hard top) with old Mahindra logos standing in the showroom as we were checking it out the salesperson approached us and we inquired about the status of the introductory price and if the 10000 bookings have already been done. He told us that they're still accepting the booking at introductory prices, it was a little shock for me as in past the bookings for M&M cars at introductory prices were all done in a matter of hours on day 1.

We decided to book the car as there's only a 10% deduction in case we cancel the booking, after completing all of the formalities and paying the booking amount of 21000/- we received the receipt of the booking amount and after 4-5 hours my cousin received a booking docket with estimated delivery on 26/01/2024.
Congratulations on your booking

I too booked through the website. There is no way for me to know whether I will be given introductory pricing or not. Or is there?

Can you please share the name of this dealership. I might make another booking here
Old 11th January 2023, 11:50   #280
BHPian

Spoke to the dealer again and he sounded rather confident the delivery could be done before the date mentioned. He says when they promise a particular time span they allow for unexpected delays and hitches. Hope he is true. The docket is official since I got the same document from Mahindra as well.
TopLiveCentre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 11:57   #281
BHPian

I haven't got any document either from the dealer or from Mahindra, only booking confirmation :(

Dealer is saying we dont have any document to provide apart from the booking confirmation number which I got while making the payment online
Old 11th January 2023, 12:02   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
I haven't got any document either from the dealer or from Mahindra, only booking confirmation :(

Dealer is saying we dont have any document to provide apart from the booking confirmation number which I got while making the payment online
Check with the dealer. Even after the customer books online, the dealer has to feed it in the internal Mahindra System. If not done you might be in for surprise. Same had happened with me. Dealer delayed feeding the data from his side and my delivery was delayed.
Old 11th January 2023, 12:11   #283
BHPian

Hi! Any BHPian owning the Thar 4WD diesel MT happen to test drive the RWD Diesel MT? Would appreciate their point of view, on the performance difference. Also, would be helpful for many BHPians who are in process of booking their dream car.

Mod Note : Request you to please go through our Posting Etiquettes for better post composition.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 11th January 2023 at 13:49. Reason: Mod note attached.
ankushbansal is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th January 2023, 12:12   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Congratulations on your booking

Can you please share the name of this dealership. I might make another booking here
Hi Naman,

We booked the car from Koncept Automobiles Greater Noida.
Old 11th January 2023, 12:15   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
Hi! Any BHPian owning the Thar 4WD diesel MT happen to test drive the RWD Diesel MT? Would appreciate their point of view, on the performance difference. Also, would be helpful for many BHPians who are in process of booking their dream car.
There is such a review available.

Last edited by Sheel : 11th January 2023 at 13:50. Reason: Quoted post is edited. Thanks.
sagsaw is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks