Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2023, 14:22   #751
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Today is the 53rd day from our pre-booking of the Jimny, and we have absolutely no information, no target timelines from MSIL. I understand this pre-booking, buying a commodity is individual's decision. However, is this a fair practice from MSIL side?
This is frustrating to say the least. It has kind of become a daily chore for me(and I am sure for many in this forum) to check different sources and see if any information about Jimny is trickling in; and more often than not it ends in disappointment. In the meantime, while we were waiting for Jimny to launch, a couple of friends have booked Thar and have taken deliveries as well.

The suspense that arose from the uncertainity is now leading to habituation and people are fast losing interest.
mpant05 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 14:42   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This is a new scam in the last year or two by manufacturers to open up bookings even without announcing the price. This is purely to judge demand and see how far up the pricing tree they can go.
Is there any precedence like this Jimny that Manufacturer/ Dealerships have collected the pre-booking amount of 25k for a sub-2 million car; without look and feel type public display in Dealerships/ shopping mall OR test drives OR without disclosing the price of the car?

From 2019-20 onwards, this hype based marketing and pricing trend started. We have seen many similar hype based products from Mahindra, MG and MSIL. But, in earlier cases the wait for all the above stated conditions were not this long. For Mahindra SUVs, we knew the price, we did the TD, had the hands-on and then we decided to wait for delivery or move on.

I have sent couple of email communications to NEXA escalation matrix and posted in NEXA social media pages. However, received no response/ revert from them. I was not expecting any. MSIL, NEXA do not have any courtesy to at least send a revert to their prospective customers who pre-booked their most famed product, the "Jimny".
Old 6th March 2023, 15:52   #753
Senior - BHPian

If you have booked forget about it for the time being. Wait till the price comes out, see and trail the vehicle in person and then decide. No reason to lose peace over this. Staying away from Jimny discussions help
Sankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 15:58   #754
BHPian

Like I had already said, ordering vehicles these days is like ordering on aliexpress/international shipping websites. Order and forget. When it arrives, it’s a surprise.

To add to the hype, the showroom wouldn’t help by telling inflated delivery timelines and causing unnecessary stress. I checked out thar initially and when the sales guy said “1 year” I instantly lost any and all interest and almost went to book the City. Due to personal reasons we couldn’t go ahead now it’s the thing with Jimny. Let’s hope our patience is answered with quality products. Don’t want to be the Guinea pig of the first batch like Mahindra had for the thar.

But this long radio silence from MS is totally unacceptable. Mahindra at least had clear timeline on when the prices were to be released and held media reviews and meet-ups in the meantime to keep us enthusiasts busy.

This is a big marketing failure in case of MS I can say. Hope we will and we can forget these negative emotions and start creating memories once the vehicles are in our hands.

But it is us consumers who have to take the blame for creating such an environment for manufacturers to take advantage of.
AjayV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 16:18   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpant05 View Post
This is frustrating to say the least.

The suspense that arose from the uncertainity is now leading to habituation and people are fast losing interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayV View Post

But this long radio silence from MS is totally unacceptable. Mahindra at least had clear timeline on when the prices were to be released and held media reviews and meet-ups in the meantime to keep us enthusiasts busy.
At the time of booking I was informed about delivery date which I had mentioned in my previous post it's late April or May first week, hence no surprises for me. I'm just making a bucket list of modifications to be done. Even quality team has sent me a confirmation mail of the same.

As Goodrich tyres won't be available due to import regulations as per michellin, can anyone suggest me next best swap of all-terrain tyres in 215/75/15

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 6th March 2023 at 16:21.
Old 6th March 2023, 16:29   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
At the time of booking I was informed about delivery date which I had mentioned in my previous post it's late April or May first week, hence no surprises for me. I'm just making a bucket list of modifications to be done. Even quality team has sent me a confirmation mail of the same.
But that is from the dealership. Nothing official from MS. Their head initially said 1500 units per month. Surprise, almost a month later Autocar says it’s 7000 units per month as output according to their internal sources.

Either MS is lying to create hype and artificially create shortage and hype up. OR there’s something else amiss.

When you say email from Quality team, do you mean an email from the MS quality team? Just curious, Why would someone from quality email out such details? If the info is legit, then awesome. But would be real nice if MS would do it officially instead of us getting such info from such sources.
Old 6th March 2023, 18:13   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayV View Post

When you say email from Quality team, do you mean an email from the MS quality team?
It's standard SOP of NEXA dealerships that their Quality team sends a confirmation mail along with SOB number and allotment number/ pending documentation (query or submission) etc.
Old 8th March 2023, 19:11   #758

Quote:
Is there any precedence like this Jimny that Manufacturer/ Dealerships have collected the pre-booking amount of 25k for a sub-2 million car; without look and feel type public display in Dealerships/ shopping mall OR test drives OR without disclosing the price of the car?
25k for sub-2M car is high. But I initially thought that it was to keep the bookings more realistic from planning perspective. But come to think of it, they don't have too many variants so planning should not be a big problem.

I feel that they have not yet figured out the pricing. Probably they have pegged the Alpha variant far higher than what the market is currently estimating and is making them think more.

Not sure how much spoil sport will the Mahindra Thar 5-door version play with their planning and pricing.
nanoguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 11:31   #759
BHPian

Quote:
It's standard SOP of NEXA dealerships that their Quality team sends a confirmation mail along with SOB number and allotment number/ pending documentation (query or submission) etc.
Wow! if that's the case then I need to follow up with my Nexa dealership because I received none. Receipt on whatsapp is all I got !
Old 9th March 2023, 11:50   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoguy View Post
25k for sub-2M car is high. But I initially thought that it was to keep the bookings more realistic from planning perspective. But come to think of it, they don't have too many variants so planning should not be a big problem.

I feel that they have not yet figured out the pricing. Probably they have pegged the Alpha variant far higher than what the market is currently estimating and is making them think more.

Not sure how much spoil sport will the Mahindra Thar 5-door version play with their planning and pricing.
I booked my 3 Series BMW for 50k a year back , and last week I took delivery of a Bolero Neo for which I paid a 1 lac booking amount Don't think the booking amount has any relation with the cost of the car.
Old 9th March 2023, 12:29   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
I booked my 3 Series BMW for 50k a year back , and last week I took delivery of a Bolero Neo for which I paid a 1 lac booking amount Don't think the booking amount has any relation with the cost of the car.
Did you book the Bolero Neo online or offline?
Mahindra and Mahindra website shows 11k booking amount when I try to book it online, and not 1 lakh.

Coming to the Jimny booking, I requested Mr. Moolchandani and Mr. Sharma whose names appear in the escalation matrix of my dealership. However, didn't get any standard revert. This is not expected from any good customer oriented automobile manufacturer.

It's been 57 days from the booking date 12th January, 2023. Few small youtubers and social media influencers have raised this point in the similar line that I have pointed out. I shall be continuing to raise this issue in all social media platforms in personal capacity. Things must change, MSIL cannot take us for granted. They must come out with a solution- send those display units showcased in Autoexpo to their dealerships or prominent locations, do roadshows, give us firm dates for the formal launch, test drives and price reveal and target dates for delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-screenshot_20230309121626.png  

Old 9th March 2023, 12:34   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Did you book the Bolero Neo online or offline?
Mahindra and Mahindra website shows 11k booking amount when I try to book it online, and not 1 lakh.

Coming to the Jimny booking, I requested Mr. Moolchandani and Mr. Sharma whose names appear in the escalation matrix of my dealership. However, didn't get any standard revert. This is not expected from any good customer oriented automobile manufacturer.

It's been 57 days from the booking date 12th January, 2023. Few small Youtubers and social media influencers have raised this point in the similar line that I have pointed out. I shall be continuing to raise this issue in all social media platforms in personal capacity. Things must change, MSIL cannot take us for granted. They must come out with a solution- send those display units showcased in Autoexpo to their dealerships or prominent locations, do roadshows, give us firm dates for the formal launch, test drives and price reveal and target dates for delivery.
Online also gives a delivery period of 6-8 weeks , I got the car in 7 days .
Old 9th March 2023, 13:18   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's been 57 days from the booking date 12th January, 2023. Few small Youtubers and social media influencers have raised this point in the similar line that I have pointed out. I shall be continuing to raise this issue in all social media platforms in personal capacity. Things must change, MSIL cannot take us for granted. They must come out with a solution- send those display units showcased in Autoexpo to their dealerships or prominent locations, do roadshows, give us firm dates for the formal launch, test drives and price reveal and target dates for delivery.
I made a post on facebook about the tendency for social media empowered individuals to believe the world revolves around them. Don't take this personally, it is a general statement and it affects almost everyone, myself included.

We believe everything and everyone exist to serve us and our needs. We impose impossible SLAs on service providers as a basic expectation. We demand accountability where there is no such obligation.

We have forgotten how to take no for an answer.

MSIL owes us nothing but the vehicle that we have booked, when it is manufactured and ready to deliver. They are obligated to be courteous in their communications and in person and treat us with respect. They have to stand behind their product and provide quality parts and service.

You and I chose to book a vehicle without knowing the price or seeing it in the flesh. Think of it as a long distance relationship with someone you met online. All bets are off until you actually meet them in the flesh!
gsferrari is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 13:53   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
I made a post on facebook about the tendency for social media empowered individuals to believe the world revolves around them. Don't take this personally, it is a general statement and it affects almost everyone, myself included.

We believe everything and everyone exist to serve us and our needs. We impose impossible SLAs on service providers as a basic expectation. We demand accountability where there is no such obligation.

We have forgotten how to take no for an answer.

MSIL owes us nothing but the vehicle that we have booked, when it is manufactured and ready to deliver. They are obligated to be courteous in their communications and in person and treat us with respect. They have to stand behind their product and provide quality parts and service.

You and I chose to book a vehicle without knowing the price or seeing it in the flesh. Think of it as a long distance relationship with someone you met online. All bets are off until you actually meet them in the flesh!
Could not agree more . I also booked the Jimmy (for 25k ) early on , MSIL had said that production will start in April /May with subsequent deliveries .

This hoopla is created on social media by so called influencers who in their quest of garnering views try build a storm in a teacup .

All said you can cancel the booking if the "behaviour " of MSIL is unacceptable - why would you plonk down 12 or 15 big ones if you feel that they are taking you for granted

That said , if one continues to keep the booking , one acknowledges that the lure of the Jimmy is enough - whatever MSIL may or may not be doing at this juncture.
wbd8779 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 14:37   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Could not agree more . I also booked the Jimmy (for 25k ) early on , MSIL had said that production will start in April /May with subsequent deliveries .

This hoopla is created on social media by so called influencers who in their quest of garnering views try build a storm in a teacup .

All said you can cancel the booking if the "behaviour " of MSIL is unacceptable - why would you plonk down 12 or 15 big ones if you feel that they are taking you for granted

That said , if one continues to keep the booking , one acknowledges that the lure of the Jimmy is enough - whatever MSIL may or may not be doing at this juncture.

Exactly how I see it! I don’t understand the rage behind the perceived delay from MSIL on Jimny. They merely unveiled the Jimny at the most premier show available in the country, that’s all. And opening bookings for the car that early isn’t exactly unprecedented and truth be told, they’ve made launch and delivery pretty clear from day 1. I’ve booked one too and I can comfortably wait till April/May to see the car in the tin and it’s variant based prices to decide whether or not it’s worth the leap. Most of us are forgetting that the 5-door Jimny is a world-exclusive being developed for India and subsequently for other markets. As successful as the original 3-door is, there’s a lot to be ensured by simply lengthening the frame with the same power train. Why would MSIL risk the reputation of a cult vehicle by botching it up and rushing the release? We need to cool our jets and await a truly well-developed product till it’s ready. Social media 🤦🏻*♂️ Sheesh.
SUVolens is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks