Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2023, 12:21   #646
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

I have got multiple calls from the local Nexa Dealership urging me to book the car. "Sir, book it fast Sir"
The dealership guys have said that the test vehicle will be available only in JUNE'23 !!!

However, until I test drive the vehicle, I cannot make a decision purely on hype. If I LOVE the car once I drive it, then the actual / perceived wait time is worth it.
Indraneel Bhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 12:55   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indraneel Bhat View Post
I have got multiple calls from the local Nexa Dealership urging me to book the car. "Sir, book it fast Sir"
The dealership guys have said that the test vehicle will be available only in JUNE'23 !!!

However, until I test drive the vehicle, I cannot make a decision purely on hype. If I LOVE the car once I drive it, then the actual / perceived wait time is worth it.
I mean, if finance permits, book it, if you don't like after TD, ask for refund. I think MS said that there's 100% refund if booked before price reveal.
Old 14th February 2023, 13:36   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayV View Post
I mean, if finance permits, book it, if you don't like after TD, ask for refund. I think MS said that there's 100% refund if booked before price reveal.
I have been contemplating the same. There is a Rs. 500 cancellation fee right now on the Rs. 25000 booking amount. A deal worth taking since every day of waiting possibly increases its waiting period for now.
Old 14th February 2023, 13:49   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
There is a Rs. 500 cancellation fee right now on the Rs. 25000 booking amount.
I got a full refund of 25000 when I cancelled my online booking a few days back. Just FYI.
Old 14th February 2023, 14:06   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
There is a Rs. 500 cancellation fee right now on the Rs. 25000 booking amount.
This cancellation fee is a standard clause, sometimes stamped on the booking receipt form. There is absolutely no cancellation fee for the bookings made prior to the price reveal.

MSIL and Dealerships do honour that. I didn't have to haggle during my Grand Vitara cancellation.
Old 14th February 2023, 15:34   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmotioninc View Post
I got a full refund of 25000 when I cancelled my online booking a few days back. Just FYI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
This cancellation fee is a standard clause, sometimes stamped on the booking receipt form. There is absolutely no cancellation fee for the bookings made prior to the price reveal.

MSIL and Dealerships do honour that. I didn't have to haggle during my Grand Vitara cancellation.
That is good to know. I had called the Nexa in Himachal and they had said that 500 is non refundable.
I suppose i will ask the Delhi dealership as well soon.
Old 14th February 2023, 16:02   #652
BHPian

Now that Fronx has started arriving at some dealerships, it looks like price reveal and test-drives of Fronx will be done ahead of Jimny.
Price reveal of Jimny may happen a month later followed by test drive vehicles arriving at dealerships.
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 16:54   #653
Distinguished - BHPian

Jimny bookings update: Fronx to launch first in coming days.

Jimny bookings stand at ~ 16,500, clocking~ 700/750 per day. Fronx is at ~ 6,500 @ ~250/300 bookings a day.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th February 2023 at 16:56.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 17:20   #654

This discussion had become off topic, with too many people who know only a few things bringing up one dimensional extreme opinions.

If you don't like the Jimny that's fine but before posting your "opinions" please actually know and check what the car actually is, what Suzuki claims it to be and ground your expectations accordingly.

Enthusiasts have waited for a long time for the Jimny and although Suzuki could have done better by launching the 3 door, they have done enough by bringing the 5 door.

Rather than making juvenile predictions i would like to encourage folks to be a little rational, obviously jimny is not going to be priced at 15 lakhs ex showroom.

For people comparing it to the Thar, please remember that looks and an insecure sense of machismo is not the sole criteria for people in the 4x4 segment.
The Jimny is clearly favoured in the mountains whereas the thar might be better on highways since it has more power.

The Gurkha is an interesting option for cross shopper since it has locking differentials and can be considered a viable option provided size is not a huge factor and there servicing is not an issue.

And for the user saying "niche" products don't work in a market like india, they do, India is not stuck in 2005, there has been enormous economic growth accompanied by an ever expanding upper middle class please refrain from making banal comments which don't add anything to the conversation.
parrymx5 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 19:33   #655
Senior - BHPian

Gypsy was a niche product that has achieved iconic status, so will this. I reckon this will be the second car in households, not the primary
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrymx5 View Post
And for the user saying "niche" products don't work in a market like india, they do, India is not stuck in 2005
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 20:28   #656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Gypsy was a niche product that has achieved iconic status, so will this. I reckon this will be the second car in households, not the primary
Yes, I echo the same sentiment
parrymx5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 21:02   #657
Senior - BHPian

Those of you familiar with Maruti vehicles, do they provide one remote key and one standard key? Any option to get an extra remote key or a standalone remote for the central locking?
Old 14th February 2023, 21:04   #658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Those of you familiar with Maruti vehicles, do they provide one remote key and one standard key? Any option to get an extra remote key or a standalone remote for the central locking?
You should be getting two remote keys.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 21:36   #659
BHPian

Two things come to mind on this topic: 1) Too many people are losing their temper and senses over something out of their control, which really doesn't matter in the long term. 2) Not ten percent of people frothing at the mouth about this vehicle will actually buy one and a couple of years down the road will blame the "immature Indian customers" and "misguided compromises of the company" for the failure of "a brilliant product"!

In a country where car ownership is still aspirational and new car purchases statistically less common (just compare similarly inclined China), cars like Jimny are just a flash in the pan. We, the so-called middle class, seem to think that we have caught up with Western development in the last decade to make lifestyle products actually a sustainable business proposition. Maybe I am wrong, but we have yet a ways to go before a car is anything less than an event in someone's life.

Jimny may succeed or fail as a business proposition - but will not make as much of a social impact as say, a M800 did - in fact not even an infinitesimal fraction of it. So why are we getting so agitated?
Pennant1970 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 05:03   #660
BHPian

One wish i got, it's, when Jimny 5 door comes out, the italians from "quattroruote" or from "quattro x quattro" go from Italy to india, to test the 5 door, in a similar way they done With 3 door

So we know how much really changed the car the body enlargement

These guys are serious

Last edited by wacso : 15th February 2023 at 05:04.
wacso is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks