Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2023, 21:15   #691
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

What is "SCRATCH RESISTANT & STAIN REMOVABLE IP FINISH" mentioned in Jimny brochure? I dont see it on Fronx or other cars.
Old 17th February 2023, 21:34   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlidar View Post
What is "SCRATCH RESISTANT & STAIN REMOVABLE IP FINISH" mentioned in Jimny brochure? I dont see it on Fronx or other cars.
It's basically hard plastic which is scratch resistant in the interiors and bumpers from my understanding.
AjayV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 09:11   #693
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Jimny EV expected in 2026. Three door version to launch first, followed by the 5-door variant.

Maruti Suzuki's five-door version will follow the electric three-door Jimny for Europe.

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-20230217073133_jimny.jpg

Quote:
The Jimny, remember, today is only sold as a commercial vehicle in Europe due to the petrol version’s high CO2 footprint. This is why Suzuki will launch the Jimny EV in Europe first. And that will be the three-door version. What will follow in its footsteps will be the five-door version that will be made in India
Quote:
What Maruti and Suzuki are likely to do on the Jimny is install the battery pack within the frame. This is likely to both protect the battery better and work well as a packaging solution. A 60kWh battery similar to the one used on the eVX concept shown at Auto Expo could be used for the Jimny, and if the engineers need more space, they could also use double-deck battery modules. This is a solution that has already been successfully used to convert other body-on-frame SUVs.

Another option, like on the Hilux, would be to place the battery below the frame with a protector installed below. This would affect the ground clearance of the long-wheelbase Jimny and the 210mm ground clearance would thus have to be further raised.
Quote:
Suzuki will also want to install a motor at both axles, if it is keen to keep the off-road character of the Jimny intact. This shouldn’t pose too much of a problem either. With no engine and transmission up front, there will be plenty of space for the front axle, and the rear electric motor is also likely to be packaged in the vicinity of the rear differential. There won’t be a transfer case and that will save weight, but with a big battery pack and twin motors, the Jimny EV is likely to be heavy.

Still, with two axles providing a higher level of regeneration, efficiency is unlikely to be affected much. Heavy EVs, after all, aren’t comparatively as inefficient as heavy ICE vehicles. And what’s neat is that the five-door Jimny could also gain some additional practicality; yes, it could also have a ‘frunk’ up front and some real luggage space.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th February 2023 at 09:16.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 12:36   #694
naj
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post

However the Jimny is a vehicle where I feel that after the initial flurry of bookings sales will settle down to a lower baseline than that of the Fronx. Also customers of the Jimny will be pretty focused on its USP and less prone to move to other options.

This is my view of why I think Maruti is showing more haste in bringing out the Fronx over the Jimny.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Hello,
I think the analysis is spot on. The sales of the Jimny will be similar to that of Gypsy when it was being offered after this initial surge, say a low constant no. So feel MS has taken the bookings for the 5 door and will adjust production for Indian market to clear the bookings, the demand for export market being constant. In fact in Australia I heard they have stopped taking bookings for Jimny for some variants due to heavy demand.

I also feel the demand for Thar will be always more than the Jimny but that depends on the Jimny experience and if it is able to capture imagination and fascinate many more. Still many average buyers(read non enthusiasts) even now don't prefer to have a Thar even as a second or third car. 😞
Thanks - naj
naj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 10:04   #695
BHPian

I have now joined the bandwagon of booking this car and waiting for its price to make a final call.

Considering its mod potential, the car comes across as a blank canvas to me. Have a look at these videos. It seems Suzuki expect people to mod it basis their preferences. There is so much scope! I hope we get a lot of these things in India.

prashant316 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 11:46   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
I

Considering its mod potential, the car comes across as a blank canvas to me. Have a look at these videos. It seems Suzuki expect people to mod it basis their preferences. There is so much scope! I hope we get a lot of these things in India.

[
The white wheel rims make the White Jimny look absolutely superb.
The Green one ought to have Khaki wheel rims.

Segue to some related stuff…
To me the ‘essence’ of the vintage look are those 1950’s/1960’s/1970’s Kenya/ African Bush Land Rovers.
I tried replicating this look in my then Gypsy which is now with another friend Mr Bibendum.
I really wish these fellas would have brought that lovely Jimny in Green for us. That for sure, would also have looked superb with Khaki wheel rims.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-e802aaa34ad84497995ad03570a2259d.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-584b275295d74b8ea7624d17f0fe5a80.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-d775a67ca9fb418da52d4dc51a791ec1.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 09:10   #697
Distinguished - BHPian

Australian Market:

- Orderly queue is forming for the five-door variant before price is known and ahead of any test drives.

- 500+ bookings for an anticipated launch by end 2023/ early 2024

- Suzuki Jimny 3d has a has a wait time of 18 months (Supplies are from Japan )

- Jimny 3d variant AT Variant order bookings are stopped due to unprecedented demand.

- Suzuki Jimny five-door are yet to be announced – though it is expected to cost $5000 to $10,000 more than the three-door.

- Suzuki Jimny five-door could cost close to or in excess of $40,000 by the time it's on the road.

- Suzuki Japan may be prioritising automatic transmissions for the initial launch phase of the Suzuki Jimny five-door.

- Once production of the five-door ramps up – and the first batch of customer cars are delivered – orders for the Suzuki Jimny three-door automatic are expected to resume.

-Suzuki Jimny AT has more recently accounted for up to 80 per cent of customer demand.

Quote:
are seeing now are people who know how to drive a manual, switching to a manual. But the auto will be back available to order

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th February 2023 at 09:16.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 11:31   #698
BHPian

Hi all, I was looking to book the Jimny online but while selecting the dealer, I found that only major cities’ dealers are listed there and the dealer of my city (Saharanpur) was missing from list. I called the local dealer and they said that I can book Jimny from them for 11k which I found a bit odd as the booking amount is supposed to be 25k. So what should I do now? Book from local dealer for 11k or book online by selecting a dealer which will be too far away from me?
Aakash118 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 11:49   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash118 View Post
So what should I do now? Book from local dealer for 11k or book online by selecting a dealer which will be too far away from me?
I assume there will be a quota for the dealers and the bigger ones will definitely get a larger chunk, that too before it trickles down to smaller cities/ agencies.
If you can manage, better to get with a bigger agency.
Also, if you do plan to book with your local dealer, ask him to give you SOB number with the payment. I doubt it is going to be 11K as we have seen people who paid 11K initially were asked to pay the balance amount later on. Given this that the agency is not aware of the updated booking amount of 25K instead of 11K, booking with them might be a hit or miss.
OPMaurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 11:54   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all, I was looking to book the Jimny online but while selecting the dealer, I found that only major cities’ dealers are listed there and the dealer of my city (Saharanpur) was missing from list. I called the local dealer and they said that I can book Jimny from them for 11k which I found a bit odd as the booking amount is supposed to be 25k. So what should I do now? Book from local dealer for 11k or book online by selecting a dealer which will be too far away from me?
Is it a NEXA dealer? if so, you can walk up to them and book it. Lucky you if the dealer is asking only for 11K and not 25K.
But again, verify with them on whether they are really the authorized dealership. Maybe MS missed them from a list or something.
AjayV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 12:21   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayV View Post
But again, verify with them on whether they are really the authorized dealership.
I think they’re genuine dealer as I took their number from the Nexa website itself. Thinking of going ahead and booking with them for 11k.
Old 20th February 2023, 14:39   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Thinking of going ahead and booking with them for 11k.
If it is a small town dealer, it could be their first booking for the Jimny and the person you spoke with may not be aware that the booking amount is 25k for Jimny. He/she would have told you the usual amount of 11k which is applicable to other Nexa cars including the Fronx. You can visit the showroom and confirm. They will most probably take 25k.
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 18:35   #703
Senior - BHPian

I booked mine for 11K on the say of the launch. If he gets an sob number and a booking receipt from Nexa, should be ok.
gsferrari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 10:31   #704
Senior - BHPian

#1: Product
#2: Pricing
#3: Promotion
#4: Place

The four Ps of marketing.

So far, we are still stuck on #1. For those who are on the fence about the product itself, this silence must be unnerving. They are probably waiting for the product to hit the showrooms so they can take a look.

Some, me included, are probably on the fence about the pricing. We are sure about the product but unsure of which side of the bed MSIL will get up from on the day they announce the prices.

Maruti doesn't seem keep on #3 and it appears they got enough mileage out of the 2023 Auto Expo that they don't need to follow up on it. I guess the Fronx is seeing a lot more promotional effort? I could be wrong.

#4 is clear, this is a global product made in India. I am not sure if Japan will also use the tools to make the 5 door there given that they are already slammed with 3 door orders.

It is in these times that the enthusiasts come up with all sorts of nonsense to cut through the quiet. This is my contribution for the day.
gsferrari is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 19:00   #705
Distinguished - BHPian

Jimny bookings update:

Maruti Suzuki's Jimny receives 20,000 bookings while the Fronx has received 10,000. Launch likely to happen in end March/April.

Quote:
Although Maruti is getting almost 17,000-18,000 bookings a month for the Brezza, it is able to produce only about 13,000 units because of chip-related issues.
Next fiscal year expectations:

Quote:
The full effect of the Grand Vitara will be there. We will have the Jimny and the Fronx as the supplies will commence towards the end of March or the beginning of April. The Brezza is also doing well. Hopefully, the semiconductor supply will be better,

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd February 2023 at 19:02.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks