Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
1,657,541 views
Old 15th February 2023, 09:26   #661
BHPian
 
Maverick_4662's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 110
Thanked: 520 Times
Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

I think Suzuki is doing the launch wrong. A grand reveal with so much interest followed by such a long period of mum. No price reveals, no Public displays, no Test drives, No media drives. The hype can only be sustained without fodder for so long before it leads to skepticism and even cynicism.

Me and my dad are personally excited for the launch. Just one mention to my dad that the Jimny is actually a refined Gypsy and he is considering replacing our Redi Go with it- Thanks to over 30 Years of traveling in the Gypsy during his time in the Army. We have never driven off-Road, And I don't think we ever will. Even then the pull of the Jimny is real. Suzuki should consider a RWD variant like Mahindra.
Maverick_4662 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 10:15   #662
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 102
Thanked: 267 Times
Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_4662 View Post
. A grand reveal with so much interest followed by such a long period of mum. No price reveals, no Public displays, no Test drives, No media drives. The hype can only be sustained without fodder for so long before it leads to skepticism and even cynicism.
I am slowly losing my Interest and confidence in Jimny. So many discussions on whether it's smaller than alto, bigger than Ignis, shorter than Baleno, mightier than G wagon and what not. All my enthusiasm is getting bogged into practicality plus need and my will to convince my family for another car.

Booked the car on 15th jan with a tentative delivery date of 26th May as per my booking slip. But, the silence at Maruti's end is pushing me to think that am I making the right decision. I already have a Fortuner 2021, Safari Storme and a Verna, do I need more. Tough times!

Thanks,
Slushmaster
Slushmaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 10:19   #663
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,368
Thanked: 23,172 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_4662 View Post
I Just one mention to my dad that the Jimny is actually a refined Gypsy and he is considering replacing our Redi Go with it- Thanks to over 30 Years of traveling in the Gypsy during his time in the Army.
Do show your father these pictures!
He may get all nostalgic.

This piece aside now.

You are right about their lack of launch marketing abilities. They should by now have at-least done a road show and had one single display vehicle across at-least the bigger cities of India. Or else they should have revealed the pricing only in March, swiftly following up with full Displays across dealerships, popular malls, Test Drives, Road shows and deliveries.

But then, they are Maruti Suzuki India Limited. And they march to the beat of an old decrepit sarkari drum.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-4ad8100470914e8490e3094b9969bcfe.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-054182501e0b4fd097b0f4f05a7d24c6.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-0ad26381df9a4434b0eb3a9f2151333b.jpeg  


Last edited by shankar.balan : 15th February 2023 at 10:30.
shankar.balan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 10:25   #664
Senior - BHPian
 
sourabhzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GURGAON
Posts: 1,591
Thanked: 1,401 Times
Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
I already have a Fortuner 2021, Safari Storme and a Verna, do I need more. Tough times!

Thanks,
Slushmaster
I don't think you need more
I am having the similar thoughts now. Not that I anticipated any early delivery, but I don't see any reason to spend money on any car now. I think I shall postpone my decision for future when I need to replace my car. But then I like Jimny a lot and, almost like a child, I want it as soon as possible. Hope to make up my mind after test drive/price reveal.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 10:54   #665
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 140
Thanked: 607 Times
Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

I had booked a Jimny on 18th January at NEXA, Dehradun. Called them and was informed that each dealer will get 6 Jimny's - likely to arrive end March - early April. The sales team have been trained in the office about the car but will get hands-on training only after the Jimny arrives at the dealership. They said that the Fronx will come earlier than the Jimny.
dileep is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 12:43   #666
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 83
Thanked: 81 Times
Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

I guess the delay may be due to the fact that the mechanics at the dealer end have to be trained in servicing a proper off roader 4X4 (differentials etc) for the first time among the many firsts for such a type of vehicle.
murlidar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 13:01   #667
BHPian
 
purohitanuj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 458
Thanked: 2,064 Times
Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlidar View Post
I guess the delay may be due to the fact that the mechanics at the dealer end have to be trained in servicing a proper off roader 4X4 (differentials etc) for the first time among the many firsts for such a type of vehicle.
I doubt this. Its pretty straight forward, even simpler than the "4x2" FWD cars.
Omni, Eeco, Carry etcs all have rear diffs with ladder frame chassis. The front ones in Jimny would be same as well and transfer case does not require any service. I see Jimny as much easier to service and maintain than other soft roader say a Baleno.

Ladder frame chassis generally have components spread wide across, thus the service guys dont need to put tools into really tight spaces like a FWD where the Engine, Transmission and Transaxle with diff is tightly packed horizontally due to the width space (of the lack of it) of the vehicle. Ladder frame layout also inherently spreads the heat generated by any of these components effectively and localized to specific area.

Last edited by purohitanuj : 15th February 2023 at 13:08.
purohitanuj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 15:29   #668
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: pune
Posts: 82
Thanked: 108 Times
Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

I have booked the Kinetic yellow color. Need to change it to Black. Will this affect the delivery schedule
rkmountain is offline  
Old 15th February 2023, 17:08   #669
BHPian
 
AjayV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 97
Thanked: 281 Times
Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmountain View Post
I have booked the Kinetic yellow color. Need to change it to Black. Will this affect the delivery schedule
Shouldn’t. But anymore than one change and that will push you back to the queue is what I heard.
AjayV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 17:24   #670
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: pune
Posts: 82
Thanked: 108 Times
Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023


2019 Suzuki Jimny Media Drive Event (Italy)
rkmountain is offline  
Old 15th February 2023, 21:26   #671
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 17
Thanked: 97 Times
Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileep View Post
I had booked a Jimny on 18th January at NEXA, Dehradun. Called them and was informed that each dealer will get 6 Jimny's - likely to arrive end March - early April. The sales team have been trained in the office about the car but will get hands-on training only after the Jimny arrives at the dealership. They said that the Fronx will come earlier than the Jimny.
Bingo answer from a trusted source at the dealer side in Himachal. Although he said 5 Jimny to each dealer upfront.
balmagbrezjim is offline  
Old 15th February 2023, 23:42   #672
BHPian
 
BMW_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: AS23 / UP32
Posts: 35
Thanked: 84 Times
Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmountain View Post
I have booked the Kinetic yellow color. Need to change it to Black. Will this affect the delivery schedule
Wait, Jimny has a black color option? Only I can see is dark grey close to black.
BMW_Fan is offline  
Old 16th February 2023, 07:00   #673
Distinguished - BHPian
 
hemanth.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,276
Thanked: 14,716 Times
Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmountain View Post
I have booked the Kinetic yellow color. Need to change it to Black. Will this affect the delivery schedule
What I've heard is that people who've booked before price reveal are given one final chance to change colour/variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Fan View Post
Wait, Jimny has a black color option? Only I can see is dark grey close to black.
The "Bluish Black" as they call it is actually black colour with blue metallic shiny particles. Not sure if the vehicle with this colour looks black or looks dark blue.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 07:56   #674
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 23,562
Thanked: 68,508 Times
Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Maruti Suzuki Jimny, Fronx cross ~ 25,000 bookings: Price reveal soon

- Jimny garners 17,000 bookings while the Fronx manages 8500

- Fronx will be launched in coming days, while the Jimny will be a bit later

- Expect to see the Jimny on road by mid- end April.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th February 2023 at 07:58.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 11:55   #675
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 1,756
Thanked: 3,242 Times
Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki Jimny, Fronx cross ~ 25,000 bookings: Price reveal soon

- Jimny garners 17,000 bookings while the Fronx manages 8500

- Fronx will be launched in coming days, while the Jimny will be a bit later

- Expect to see the Jimny on road by mid- end April.

Link
Read a report yesterday that Jimny was getting 700 bookings a day. Link

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline  
Closed Thread

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks