Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 14:41   #136
BHPian

My wife simply loved a Porsche and would go for any type of Ferrari. She loved the Twon & Country Minivan which was her daily commute when we were in the US and now she likes Tata Aria because of it's similarity with the Town and Country!!
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:00   #137
BHPian

My Wifey does like only Big cars, among them she knows only safari and scorpio. currently we have indica and she has warned me that our next upgrade should be either scorpio or safari.
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:08   #138
gou
BHPian

Well, same goes for my wife too. She loves big cars. Any big car will do for her. She adores the looks of Safari like anything, but feels Scorpio might be better in other factors apart from looks. Though now because of me she also gets cool updates and have started liking sedans and hatchbacks, she still keeps on telling that our next buy should be a SUV.
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:18   #139
BHPian

My wife likes good looking cars. She has good taste too. She likes these in that order
1. Civic
2. City
Old 24th August 2010, 09:33   #140
BHPian

She loves black Tata Safari, sedans like Skoda octavia, Hyundai Accent. She never liked our Ford fusion but one day when one of her friend told that her car is very spacious, she began to admire the FF's qualities.
Old 24th August 2010, 10:39   #141
Senior - BHPian

She like cars, But she doesn't like me changing cars every 3 years.
We tested Linea, Safari and Scorpio (I kept this order intentionally), She said a big NO to the best two and obviously liked the same as what I wanted her to like.
She likes SUVs which are comfortable for a family where kids can sleep in separate seats.
Old 24th August 2010, 11:17   #142
BHPian

No issues for our first car - Palio Black. Both of us loved it from the moment we saw the TD car!

No arguments on the next car too - CIVIC.
Now, colour is the issue. She wants black again. I am trying hard to convince her that CIVIC in WHITE is one of the best-looking cars in the WORLD.
Old 24th August 2010, 11:19   #143
Senior - BHPian

She loves the Figo and I don't. However if money was not a problem she wants a SUV, butut not what Mahindra and Tata make but rather atleast a CRV.
Old 24th August 2010, 11:26   #144
Senior - BHPian

I think this thread should have been a poll. Overall the Hondas, particularly Civic, seems to be favorite among ladies.
Old 24th August 2010, 12:06   #145
gou
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I think this thread should have been a poll. Overall the Hondas, particularly Civic, seems to be favorite among ladies.
Yeah a poll would be a good idea.

I on the other hand noticed in this thread a lot of ladies having liking for SUVs. Same is the case with my wife too. But I don't like the high raised seating - feels like I am driving a truck or a bus, but I might end up driving one . Yeah she likes Civic too.
Old 24th August 2010, 13:53   #146
BHPian

My wife once wanted to buy a Spark with her savings. I crushed it (the savings as well as the dream)!!
If money was not a problem, she wants to go with the CRV.
Old 25th August 2010, 09:53   #147
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav4x4 View Post
My wife also in the same bracket - but she goes a step further... says her dream car is a Tata Xenon Twincab!

Me:As a family car?
She: Yes, why not

In a congested city like mumbai?
Yes, why not

With Tata's (lack of) reliability?
Yes, why not

And lug around an empty loading bay we wont use?
Yes, why not
Pranav, please go back and tell your wife that she is super-cool! Choosing a seemingly impractical vehicle, just for the fun of it, says a lot about your personality (e.g. us idiots who can use an antique SWB Jeep as a daily driver). You might want to check out Memo's Xenon and his ownership thread as well:

What car does your non-auto better half like?-xenon.jpg
Old 25th August 2010, 10:10   #148
Team-BHP Support

My wife loves Audi's and BMW's. Totally sold on an X5 though. Feels I should get an SUV. However she loves her Swift and won't part with it or let me soup it up
Old 25th August 2010, 13:44   #149
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You might want to check out Memo's Xenon and his ownership thread as well.
GTO Sir,

Can you please post a link to this thread. I tried looking for it but couldn't get this particular thread. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
//M
Old 25th August 2010, 15:26   #150
BHPian

My "partner-in-crime" loves to sleep whenever she's in a car. It doesn't matter if it's only a short drive, she'll still doze. So, when I asked her what her favourite cars were, she said anything that runs smoothly & doesn't make too much noise. When I asked to pick one, she said Fiat Linea because her dad had been a full-on Fiat fan & she'd caught the craze, & she said the new one looked like it "purred". Don't ask me what that means.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks