Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 18:22   #151
BHPian

My better half likes santro, beat, fiesta, prado, lancer, OHC, Cedia, Civic, Fortuner. She hates all Maruti vehicles. That was one of a reason for me to upgrade because i owned a swift before . She wishes that our next car should be a Civic. I too have the same desire . Probably not a new one but a pre worshipped civic.
Old 25th August 2010, 22:28   #152
Senior - BHPian

Today on my trip to gurgaon, guess what, I seen 4 different ladies, all driving their respective Honda jazzs. Just looked cool on them and their personality.
Old 25th August 2010, 23:06   #153
BHPian

My better half loves the Volkswagen Polo and thats one of the reason that we booked a Polo. She likes the brand image and the build quality.

She loves Honda Civic as an ultimate choice when it comes to a Sedan, and says would settle at least for a Honda City for now.
Also likes all BMWs - Sedans and SUVs.

She hates Marutis and Indicas for their build quality.
Old 26th August 2010, 13:25   #154
Senior - BHPian

Hahahahaa, nice thread! Even my wife and saali loves the CRV, now it definitely is a chick magnet

Moreover, my wife loves the NHC (not ANHC) and Civic a lot. Given a choice between the Phantom and the Civic, she will go for the Civic without a second thought
Old 26th August 2010, 13:40   #155
BHPian

Wifey loves the Civic and likes ANHC a lot. Among hatchbacks, she likes Polo a lot.
Old 27th August 2010, 02:26   #156
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Feels I should get an SUV.
Man, you are too much of a handling / dynamics guy for an SUV. I simply canNOT place you in an SUV; that's just not Ajmat. A quick European sedan? You betcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Can you please post a link to this thread. I tried looking for it but couldn't get this particular thread. Thanks in advance.
Sure thing, here you go.
Old 27th August 2010, 07:43   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gou View Post
I on the other hand noticed in this thread a lot of ladies having liking for SUVs. Same is the case with my wife too.
SUVs look good from far, but they are far from good, according to my wife, when it comes to ride comfort . However, the situation is far better now after I stiffened the suspension of my Scorpio. Now we enjoy a few drives in the Scorp on the weekends.

And she now wants to trade in her Ikon for a Nano, because it looks much easier to park and maneuver
Old 27th August 2010, 15:49   #158
BHPian

My wife does not have much knowledge on cars. In fact she gives a wierd look when she finds me logged into Team-BHP. Asks me "What do you ppl do in this forum" Thats quite a big explanation to give. Had to show her few threads.

But lookwise somehow she likes the black colour Ford Ikon and Scorpio. When asked she cannot explain me in detail why she likes it. In hatchback she likes Santro since we own one :-)
Old 27th August 2010, 16:10   #159
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't call my wife a "non-auto" person. She does not know the technical details and ins and outs of cars and does not understand the terminology we use, but she's one fantastic driver. That said, she can't grok that I "while away my time at TBHP" instead of spending the same time either with her or doing office work.

She's the more practical type and while she definitely loves our new Civic she always wanted the Safari considering our road conditions. After seeing the Civic spend most of the last two weeks stranded at home because of the waist-deep water on the approach road to our place, she can't have enough of telling me "I told you so...".

And by the way, whatever the car, it has to be in black (the vRS in red is an exception -- she just loves that car). This is my feeling too, although of late I've begun to develop a liking for white as well.

Regards,
spadix

Last edited by spadix : 27th August 2010 at 16:11.
Old 27th August 2010, 17:55   #160
BHPian

Reva. She is eagerly waiting for EMI on our Sparky to get over (2 more years).
Old 27th August 2010, 18:11   #161
BHPian

The worse half likes:

1. any Audi sedan in white colour (the new grille)
2. Fortuner
3. Tata Safari
4. Civic
5. Jazz

Since 1 & 2 are out of budget; discussing between 3,4,5 (& altis).

She is totally insisting on getting the fatty, even though getting a used Civic saves minimum 4 lakhs (2006/7 civic for ~8; while GX 4x2 is ~12 here in Blore)

cheers
Old 28th August 2010, 00:27   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
3. Tata Safari
4. Civic
She is totally insisting on getting the fatty, even though getting a used Civic saves minimum 4 lakhs (2006/7 civic for ~8; while GX 4x2 is ~12 here in Blore)
Is it just me or is there a theme developing here (that the other halves all like Safaris and/or Civics)?

I've seen these names crop up in quite a few posts in this thread.

Regards,
spadix
Old 8th September 2010, 11:00   #163

My wife as most people's are is a non-auto person with some tall tastes.

The next car she wants to buy - Tata Nano and paint it Hot Pink(a darker shade of candy floss)..this is after dodging a few scraping with my Octy and Accent. She's a wee one so i can understand..but the colour

The next car she wants me to buy - An Audi A4(Especially considering the fact that i have to sell some property to afford it)

Car she wants to buy in case of unlimeted budget Aston Martine DB9 (After seeing it in flesh while we were living in UK)

She has no idea about the inner working of these cars but this is her list and she stands by it and except for the Nano she wants everything to be in black(except for my bright red octy)
Old 8th September 2010, 12:04   #164
BHPian

I was all set to book a Ritz Zxi because of the value package it offers along with low maintenance requirements. And then I made the mistake of taking my wifey to a Hyundai showroom to show her the i10 (same price point).

She saw the i20 Asta instead and just fell in love with the same. She is a 50% stakeholder in the decision making (as she'll be traveling with me most of the times as a co-passenger). Now even I am confused as to which car should I buy. And I honestly cannot ignore her choice and don't even want to.
Old 8th September 2010, 12:32   #165
BHPian

Thankfully, and surprisingly, my better half and me almost like the same cars . She purely goes by the looks and road presence - nothing technical, no specs, variants and trims - has to have decent and minimum equipment and we are good to go. For now the POLO and the RITZ are in the race for our parking space.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks