Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2007, 11:55   #316
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
The dash looks like it has a taken a lot of queues from the Octy...especially the instrument cluster...but hey where do you put those front speakers?
At the back of the front door, close to your hip. Similar to the Laura. The tweeters are concealed in the A-pillar.
Old 30th December 2007, 11:56   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do any of the variants have black interiors? I really hate the beige interiors.
Expect the base version to have black interiors.

Last edited by BUSA : 30th December 2007 at 11:58.
Old 30th December 2007, 12:00   #318
Senior - BHPian

So BUSA - Kya kehta hai ? Fabia or Verna for me ?

I want a Diesel really fast. Have to buy something in January.
Old 30th December 2007, 12:10   #319
Senior - BHPian

Found this about 3 cylinders.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
yes it does matter when the engine is a 3 cylinder or a 4 cyl engine.3 cylinder engines have an inherent flaw of engine balancing.
the rotational mass in a 3 cylinder engine cant be balanced to completely reduce nvh whereas in a 4 cylinder engine its easier to balance the engine.its not specific to diesels,its a problem in petrol engines as well.alto and maruti800 will have higher nvh than a zen because the former are 3 cyl cars whereas the latter is a 4 cylinder car.in 4 cylinders ,2 cylinders negate the vibrations of the other two whereas you cant do that with a 3 cylinder engine as there are odd number of cylinders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
So BUSA - Kya kehta hai ? Fabia or Verna for me ?

I want a Diesel really fast. Have to buy something in January.
You want a diesel really fast, get the Getz/Verna

Actually the Fabia is a really good car and if you are not too much in performance i would suggest you the Fabia, since it has better ride, handling, build quality, features then the Verna. Get a remap and the car will be quite good.

And stop browsing team-bhp, go and pay 50k INR to Skoda to get your car at the earliest.
Old 30th December 2007, 12:37   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
da. . .where u comparing the small i10 to the fabia. but i second you on the fact that anything over 7.5 otr will be too much
No, not at all, I am not comparing the i10 with Fabia. What I am trying to say is i10 has come up with good quality stuff on their car and everybody should follow since one company has set the standard bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Do any of the variants have black interiors? I really hate the beige interiors.
The beige interiors are only on the Elegance the higher-end variant. If you go with Elegance variant then there is also another option called : Chic Night(black color).

I was also thinking of not going with the Beige because I heard even in Europe people are complaining they cannot keep the Beige interior clean. I can only imagine how bad it is going to be in India because of the dirt all over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Semi-climatic ac?

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is that? How does it work?
Instead of setting the temperature to lets say 25 degree centigrade you have option to set : LOW, MED and HIGH temperature and Skoda is calling this semi automatic.

It is funny how the Skoda guy was trying to explain me this over the phone.

Last edited by ajmat : 30th December 2007 at 13:21.
Old 30th December 2007, 12:57   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
At the back of the front door, close to your hip. Similar to the Laura. The tweeters are concealed in the A-pillar.
I can see tweeter fence near the door handle on the door trim. Or is it something else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Found this about 3 cylinders.
Quote:
yes it does matter when the engine is a 3 cylinder or a 4 cyl engine.3 cylinder engines have an inherent flaw of engine balancing.
the rotational mass in a 3 cylinder engine cant be balanced to completely reduce nvh whereas in a 4 cylinder engine its easier to balance the engine.its not specific to diesels,its a problem in petrol engines as well.alto and maruti800 will have higher nvh than a zen because the former are 3 cyl cars whereas the latter is a 4 cylinder car.in 4 cylinders ,2 cylinders negate the vibrations of the other two whereas you cant do that with a 3 cylinder engine as there are odd number of cylinders.
Hmm. Then why are straight 5 engines smoother than straight four..?
Old 30th December 2007, 13:08   #322
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I can see tweeter fence near the door handle on the door trim. Or is it something else?
hmmm. I just saw the skoda site and some pics in ACI. the same grill which your pointing to on teh right hand side is the ORVM controller. For the rear doors it is also there.

We will have to wait for someone to buy the Fabia, then open up all the doors and the A-pillar moulding to see where the tweeters can be mounted. So who's going to donate the first Fabia?
Old 30th December 2007, 16:17   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
hmmm. I just saw the skoda site and some pics in ACI. the same grill which your pointing to on teh right hand side is the ORVM controller. For the rear doors it is also there.

We will have to wait for someone to buy the Fabia, then open up all the doors and the A-pillar moulding to see where the tweeters can be mounted. So who's going to donate the first Fabia?
Yup, from the 360 deg interior view on the fabiafeelspecial site, I can make out space for tweeters on the A pillar and also a small speaker grill on the rear door panel 3/4 way upto the window sill.

All this is just speculation, gotta wait for the real thing to come and then check it out.
Old 31st December 2007, 03:13   #324
BHPian

Skoda pulled the Brochure from their feelspecial website on the Comparison page. Looks like they put up that brochure which had all the technical specifications accidentally. Glad I saved a copy of it. :-)
Old 31st December 2007, 11:08   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
Skoda pulled the Brochure from their feelspecial website on the Comparison page. Looks like they put up that brochure which had all the technical specifications accidentally. Glad I saved a copy of it. :-)

so finally what are tech specs?
Old 31st December 2007, 11:37   #326
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
Why not post it here?
Old 31st December 2007, 12:24   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Why not post it here?
Sure, But I don't see any option on the forum to post the brochure here. Please can you let me know how to post this and I will be glad to.

I thought everybody has seen this brochure. Now that they pulled this off the web, it makes me wonder they might have posted it earlier accidentally. It has all the information except for the price.
Old 31st December 2007, 12:34   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Here you go. Sorry, I thought everyone has seen this stuff. Otherwise I would have posted it earlier. In this thread itself someone earlier posted it about this brochure so I immediately downloaded it.

Here is the sheet that contains the engine specifications:

Once you click on the thumbnail it opens a new page but the page is unreadable. Just simply click on the image again in the newly opened page then it should make the image bigger.

Old 31st December 2007, 12:47   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Here is the link to the page that contains the exterior colors and also interior color selections.

Please note that all the colors are not available in all the variants as per this page from their brochure.

I am only posting the important pages from that brochure. The rest of the stuff is boring marketing. But it has nice graphics especially the first page. I am attaching that page as well.

Interior/Exterior color selection page:

Also note at the bottom of this page about their warranty: It has 2 years warranty with unlimited mileage. I don't know if this common for Skoda cars in India or all cars in general in India but I thought it is worth noting.

Welcome page:

Old 31st December 2007, 14:22   #330
tez
BHPian

2 years unlimited warranty is available for other skoda models as well. This came in newspaper ads. Does somebody know if this is the extended warranty they are talking about or normal warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks