Maruti Swift 1.3 DDis 159 29.23%
Fiat Palio 1.3 JTD 192 35.29%
Hyundai Getz 1.5Crdi 91 16.73%
Tata Indica Dicor 30 5.51%
Palio Stile 1.6 72 13.24%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2008, 15:02   #511

It was a tough choice between Palio Multijet 1.3 vs. Palio Stile 1.6. My vote goes for Palio 1.6 for sheer power it brings. It is a driver's paradise.

Swift, given its dimensions, is virtually a two seater for long drives. Very cramped rear. Build quality is such that it seems it is build to last for few years (less than 5) only.

Not much of an idea about Getz.

Tata Indica. It is a package that comes with numerous problems. Once car crosses, I suppose, 40000Kms, reliability of the car is at risk.

This is my personal opinion.
Old 28th July 2008, 13:50   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Thanks, I would say Pete's could not read Delphi's ECU and crack.
May be they are more secure than Bosch.

I agree with you. But the funny reason that Peter gives on his posts in Team-BHP is that 'Tata engines are weak and they don't last beyond 80K-100K KM. I could not help .
Old 28th July 2008, 13:59   #513
Sandy!!!!

Swift DDis it is for me. She might rattle a little but boy oh boy.... when she runs.... she is fun........... Enjoy her company the most.....

Old 28th July 2008, 14:10   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
Its mentioned by Pete's that tata vehicles and scorpio cannot be fitted with Pete's as they do not run on modern ECU.
I dont know the description of a modern ECU.
Modern ECU = one that Peter can get a piggyback unit to sell here. Everything else belongs to the stone age

I'm.....too modern for this car, too modern for this car, too modern by faar (sung to the tune of "I'm too sexi for my shirt").

Last edited by Steeroid : 28th July 2008 at 14:12.
Old 29th July 2008, 08:20   #515
Senior - BHPian

Palio_Sr, i agree with you though i own a swift. When i did have the retro palio petrol, i could seat three adults behind with no issues. The swift does come with rattles, but it has the all important turbo boost, which when used judiciously, makes the car get out of the rut of blocked traffic. note the word judiciously that i used here. otherwise the car tuns a maniac on the road and gives you a head spin. perhaps I would be better off not having such an aeronautic boost at all.

that aside, I believe the Palio's gearshift would be miles ahead of the swift in all respect. I did try a revv game with a SDX MJD palio, but turned out that he was not in the mood to revv the palio too hard, but he still managed to keep up with me though. as for boot space, rear defogger, perhaps tilt steering, and rear space, the palio wins hands down.

swift is indeed a two people car. at best a 4 people car with two short people at the back.
Old 18th August 2008, 15:52   #516
BHPian

Looks like Dragon box suits well for all the Dicor Engines.

Tata Safari DiCOR Review, Tata Safari DiCOR Price, Mileage, Dicor - With Diesel Digital Tuning Box- 85 Bhp - MouthShut.com
Old 26th August 2008, 08:29   #517
BHPian

I feel the swift is the best among the others overall. The MJD and the Swift DDIS might share the same engines but its fun driving the swift.... the engine is more peppy on the swift and the way the car handles the curves is too gud.
Old 26th August 2008, 09:37   #518
Senior - BHPian

now that the new indica has the MJD , can we Expect St. Pete to work some of his magic on it
Old 26th August 2008, 10:21   #519
BHPian

My VOTE is for the 1.6 Palio for its shear power and the sense of security you get at all time. And obviously the beautiful sound this engine gives.
Old 17th November 2008, 14:21   #520
Ice
BHPian

palio it is!

I've driven all 3 cars somewhat extensively.

1. Swift:
Pros:
  1. Killer looks (subjective)
  2. handling (also note decent tires in the top-end variant)
  3. braking
Cons:
  1. Rattle! My friend and I drove the car from Belgaum to Chennai, and the rattle from the diesel wore us down
  2. Interiors and visibility: A-pillars are HUGE! Blindspots hide vehicles approaching you in a 4-way junction, while the interiors look a little gloomy courtesy the dark plastic facia
  3. Waiting period: My friend had to wait 2 months to get his hands on one
2. Hyundai Getz CRDi - my brother has one. Borrowed it for a few weeks before buying my car

Pros:
  1. Pocket rocket! This baby flies
  2. Visibility is just great (glasshouse is reminiscent of the old Uno)
  3. Nice interiors, though the wood paneling is of questionable quality)
  4. Great service from Hyundai
Cons:
  1. Brakes are grippy and horribly inadequate for a car that goes like this one does
  2. Air conditioner couldn't manage even October heat in Chennai (~35 deg.C). And this is in a new car!
  3. Cornering not as sharp as the Swift's, and high-speed stability nowhere near the Palio's
  4. Poor headlights
  5. Pricey!
Fiat Palio Stile Multijet
Pros:
  1. Brilliant engine - gearbox. I am not sure about whether the Palio has a different gearbox to the Indica and the Swift
  2. Handling/Stability - this car OWNS the road at 160 kmph.
  3. Excellent air-conditioning
  4. Suspension feels strong enough for even Bangalore roads
  5. Clean styling - nothing earth-shattering, but looks pleasing and sporty from all angles (to me, at least!)
  6. Price advantage
Cons:
  1. Skinny tires! 165s just don't cut it. Had mine swapped out for 185s before I took delivery of the car
  2. No stereo system even in top-of-the-line SDX!
  3. Service still anybody's guess
Considering everything, I chose the Palio. The Swift did come close though
Old 17th November 2008, 17:42   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
I feel the swift is the best among the others overall. The MJD and the Swift DDIS might share the same engines but its fun driving the swift.... the engine is more peppy on the swift and the way the car handles the curves is too gud.
A test drive of the PalioMJD would change your opinion!

The turbo lag in the swift has never made it feel peppy IMO!
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:36   #522
BANNED

Since this poll is about diesel hatchbacks segment, shouldn't Fabia be also part of the poll?
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Let me tell you my preference.
Guess what, its indeed leading the poll !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Isn't it pretty obvious Palio will win the poll?
Old 3rd March 2009, 13:44   #523
Senior - BHPian

I don't think this poll is diesel hatch specific, as the Palio 1.6 is also part of this poll. I think this is more performance hatch specific. Don't flame me as to why only these cars in this poll, as I didn't create these options.
Old 3rd March 2009, 13:50   #524
BHPian

i chose the palio 1.6 stile

1. POWER
2. POWER
3. Handling
4. ride quality
5. I DONT WANT MY HEART TO BURN EVERYTIME I SEE A 1.6 ON THE ROAD AND I REGRET FOR NOT HAVING BOUGHT IT.
Old 20th July 2009, 22:41   #525
BHPian

In most polls regarding preference between cars with the multijet engine from fiat , the swift D seems to be trailing to everything from INDICA VISTA , PALIO STILE D etc.
In real world though it outsells all the rest combined.
Is the forum full of maruti baiters or
suzuki has just got lucky with this hatch which is selling like hotcakes and with a long waiting period too... ????
I dont prefer the car for a particular reason and its the lack of space and i dont like its looks eaither. But i acknowledge the fact that it is a better put together machine than the rest and probly is more reliable and has a better resale. If it was comfortable for my family , and was available off the shelf, i would go for it and for the same reason i would go for An INNOVA or a qualis if i had a requirement for a people mover over its competetion.
I wish Tata cars were more reliable, or fiat cars spares were cheaper and maintenance lower. Similarly i wish Maruti hatches had larger cabin space and lower sticker price for the same features of the competetors.
Then it could be a fair competetion IMHO

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 20th July 2009 at 22:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks