Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2010, 11:34   #391
Senior - BHPian

New Shape Lancer

Remember the pics I took last week of the EVO at Maya Motors Chennai!
Here is what else happened there:
Two guys came up to the car, stood in front of it. They both looked like private drivers,probably driving Pajeros for politicos.
"Is this New Shape Lancer?"
"It looks like that. Finally after long time, they have modified the shape of Lancer!"
"This shape looks ugly than previous Lancer"
"Is this petrol or diesel"
"May be will come in both"
"They should learn from Maruti. Change the shape every year and the car will sell a lot".

These 2 guys had absolutely no clue of what this machine was. When they approached the sales guy and asked for the price of this and he said 'it will be in the range of 50-55 Lacs', they guys almost fainted! They were shaking their heads and slowly slipped out of the scene.!
Old 19th July 2010, 15:09   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
"They should learn from Maruti. Change the shape every year and the car will sell a lot".

These 2 guys had absolutely no clue of what this machine was. When they approached the sales guy and asked for the price of this and he said 'it will be in the range of 50-55 Lacs', they guys almost fainted! They were shaking their heads and slowly slipped out of the scene.!
lol can't really blame the drivers when the sales guy himself does not know the BHP figures of the car. And take a look at this statement from HM's marketing head which I found a few pages back in this thread.

Quote:
"This will be a very high performance four seater capacity sedan with 300 BHP and will deliver very high horse power," Vijay Kumar said
Old 19th July 2010, 16:54   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
That's the problem; it's not for you the moment you bring brain into the deal. It's for those who purely go by heart and of course have wads of black money and a company name to purchase it and claim depreciation benefits under.

Not meant for those who plan to buy it with their post tax money.

Dude, no offence but dont agree with you. There are die hard fans like me who do put there post tax money for their passion. I have an Outlander and next for sure will be Evo-X whenever Income Tax department leaves me with some down payment and enough money to pay EMI
Old 19th July 2010, 17:00   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Dude, no offence but dont agree with you. There are die hard fans like me who do put there post tax money for their passion. I have an Outlander and next for sure will be Evo-X whenever Income Tax department leaves me with some down payment and enough money to pay EMI
well, that will almost double up the number of horses in your garage, from 485 to 780.
Old 19th July 2010, 21:48   #395
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Sorry, i shouldn't have generalised. There will always be die hard fans like you who wouldn't mind paying that sum to enjoy the beauty. But i guess the bulk of the volume, whatever that is going to be, will come from the category that i was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
What scanner buddy? Here is AP, rural rich folks walk into BMW showrooms, throw 1 crore cash on his desk and walk out with a shiny beemer. India getting strict, my foot. All that strictness is for "aam junta". Not for super rich. Don't be so naive.
Old 24th July 2010, 21:30   #396
BHPian

Mitsubishi is planning buy a controlling stake in HM JV. Better would be they go all alone, but they would need a good small car to survive in india.
Old 24th July 2010, 22:23   #397
Senior - BHPian

Mitsubishi = Rip Van Winkle! Zzzzzzzzz........
Old 24th July 2010, 22:29   #398
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Mitsubishi = Rip Van Winkle! Zzzzzzzzz........
Absolutely

Hope they atleast bring in the ASX / RVR 1.8 DiD quickly.
Old 25th July 2010, 23:20   #399
BHPian

If Mitsubishi wants to buy a controlling stake in HM, they better do it NOW! They're already a decade behind in the Indian car market, and any more delays are gonna be suicidal.

RALLIART is already R.I.P, it's gonna be Mitsubishi India next.

FIAT and YAMAHA have resurrected themselves in the Indian market pretty well, so I really don't know what's stopping Mitsubishi from doing the same.

Get rid of the fungus/plague/bacteria or whatever of HM and go do your own thing Mitsubishi! Do it now!

C'mon Mitsubishi, do everyone a favor and manufacture your entire lineup right here in India!

How does the present genaration (2010) Mitsubishi Lancer for Rs. 7,50,000 sound ?
OR
How about the Mitsubishi EVO X for Rs. 17,50,000 sound ?
Old 26th July 2010, 04:10   #400
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 27th July 2010 at 14:58.
kau_therock is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th July 2010, 09:39   #401
Senior - BHPian

Coming August week 1 or 2.

Ex showroom price India-Rs. 48 lakhs.
Old 26th July 2010, 12:01   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleo View Post
How does the present genaration (2010) Mitsubishi Lancer for Rs. 7,50,000 sound ?
OR
How about the Mitsubishi EVO X for Rs. 17,50,000 sound ?
Then the Lancer will ride like an Accent and EVo X would ride like a Civic.
Old 26th July 2010, 13:21   #403
BHPian

From what I read in a popular automobile magazine, this car is going to cost about half a crore. Evo X = Half a crore i.e. 50 off lakhs. Is it worth that much? It will be a shame to see someone let themselves get looted by buying this car. If you are planning to buy an Evo, you might as well buy the new BMW 5 Series.
Old 26th July 2010, 20:00   #404
BHPian

Nah!

I'm dead serious.

These are the base-model prices for the respected models in the US of A.
If Mitsubishi buys out HM India and pray, manufactures its entire lineup in India, the MRP of the aforesaid models will be lesser by a 110%(import duties and the likes) already!

Localisation, Economies-of-scale and all that would reduce the prices even further.

I might be joking, but this is too serious a joke for Mitsubishi to ignore!

Last edited by Cooleo : 26th July 2010 at 20:15. Reason: Grammatical error & rephrasing of sentence.
Old 26th July 2010, 20:20   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Coming August week 1 or 2.

Ex showroom price India-Rs. 48 lakhs.
Whaaaaaat! Oh boy, forget about this one then. I thought 30 L was ok but this is waaaay over the top. Best of luck Mitsu with the Evo here. This belongs to the elite if 48 L price is correct.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks