Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2006, 12:17   #1
Team-BHP Support

Is Swift Build quality so poor... ??

I was reading this months overdrive long term update on the Swift and was shocked to see so many problems with the car.

I've also heard from other people that Maruti really cut corners to get the Swift out at a reasonable price.

Need an honest first hand view on this from existing Swift owners.
Old 10th February 2006, 12:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Rtech,

What kind of problems are you talking about? Just for the benefit of people who have not read the long term report.
Old 10th February 2006, 12:20   #3
BHPian

If you list them out a few of the recurring problems mentioned in the report, it would be easy for them to validate them...
Old 10th February 2006, 12:32   #4
Team-BHP Support

Don't have the magazine in front of me, but from memory:-
- Power windows
- Central locking
- interior rattles

Nothing major, just niggling problems which point to quality control issues.

Will fill in the rest once I get the magazine in front of me again, unless someone else has access to it now.
Old 10th February 2006, 12:35   #5
BHPian

I have had no issues with the power windows or the central locking but had the rattling issues for which i blame the service centre. Pathetic service is what we get from Maruti.

Last edited by dogdiga : 10th February 2006 at 12:37.
Old 10th February 2006, 12:37   #6
BHPian

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Interior rattles are an issue with the Swift. Did not expect them in a brand new vehicle. Quality of the seats - The seats do not lock into any position properly.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Old 10th February 2006, 12:48   #7
BHPian

My mom's ZXi has done only about 400km in the last 3 weeks, but has suffered from a failed horn (loose contact at the horn itself) within 2 weeks of purchase.

There's a niggling rattle from the dashboard that I attribute to the placement of the car perfume, which is stuck using double sided tape.
Old 10th February 2006, 13:19   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay
The seats do not lock into any position properly.
Yes, that was another complaint from Overdrive as well.
Old 10th February 2006, 13:22   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Don't have the magazine in front of me, but from memory:-
- Power windows
- Central locking
- interior rattles

Nothing major, just niggling problems which point to quality control issues.

Will fill in the rest once I get the magazine in front of me again, unless someone else has access to it now.
I think there may be some problem with the central locking as our Car's rear door got jammed and we had to take it to the service station where they told me that it was a mechanical problem. Now it seems to be working fine and i think this problem has been faced by few of the swift owners.

No other problems except for this.
Old 10th February 2006, 13:29   #10
BHPian

no problem what so ever with central locking and power windows, most of the in cabin noises are the rattling of the windows if half opened only.
Old 10th February 2006, 13:31   #11
BHPian

yeah, theres a irritating rattle from the rear seats since they dont lock properly i solved it temporarily by taping it with black/green electric tape so the friction is reduced between the two metal parts, helped but still not entirely.
The second problem i faced when the rooftop antena fell off within couple of months had to have it replaced from the vitesse guys,im not sure if this is happening to many cars but i do hear that interior problems including rattling and dashboard are common...
Old 10th February 2006, 13:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

Guys, before complaining about Swift, let's face it. Rattling WILL be there in all cars, thanks to our pothole littered roads. It doesn't matter if its 800, Alto or Corrolla/Octavia.
Old 10th February 2006, 13:40   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Guys, before complaining about Swift, let's face it. Rattling WILL be there in all cars, thanks to our pothole littered roads. It doesn't matter if its 800, Alto or Corrolla/Octavia.
True, but there should be at least some time before the rattling sets in. It should not be within the first 5-10k kms at least - it spoils the fun of driving a new car, and speaks volumes about the build-quality...
Old 10th February 2006, 13:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

Goldie, rattling in first 5K-10K is more noticed than in later stages. We tend to be paranoid about all those little real/imaginary noises coming from the car in first few months. I do not know if Swift has build quality issues in particular, but it is my general observation. Are you getting any from your VTec?
Old 10th February 2006, 14:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
I drive my wagonr on all kinds of roads.. potholes, swimming pools (lol the bigger potholes i mean.. delhi wale)..and what not.. It only started rattling recently after completing 20k kms.. the rattle is only on the front door though..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks