Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2006, 05:11   #106
Senior - BHPian

It will be interesting to see how the swift performs in the J.D.Power survey this year. If after all these problems it still tops in IQS then it clearly will show that either the j.d.power thing is a lot of BS or that the owners tend to lie a lot about their cars!
Old 10th April 2006, 17:07   #107
BHPian

Another problem has surfaced on my 06 Swift VXi.

This time it is the left rear passenger door, it makes a creeking sound while driving at speeds above 20 kmph. When you go over potholes it becomes worse.

The rattling, brake noise are still present even after the car went for the first service.

When I asked the Maruti service manager about this his response was " Im sorry sir, but all swifts have the same problem and we cannot do anything about it".

Im really dissapointed with the car, I did expect better service from maruti.
Old 10th April 2006, 17:50   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke
yeah tell me bout feelin paranoid bout noises...we got a new swift and everytime it starts it feels like the engine note is off or the doors rattiling..its wierd...especially on 3rd an 4th gear....feels really wierd do u think its beause of the short shiftin or is ther a real problm tht needs to be looked into? its a 1 week old swift as of today no services no nothin done 180 kms...do i look into it or let it be?
If possible, ask someone else to drive it and get his/her feedback on that. If not possible, keep watching for it till you are convinced enough to take it up with service center.
Old 11th April 2006, 01:07   #109
BHPian

nope.. i dont have any issue with my swift.. i have already done 20,000 Kms..
i send it for service to the company every month in the 1st week.. not yet any problems as you mentioned above!!
Old 11th April 2006, 04:35   #110
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50paise
i send it for service to the company every month in the 1st week.. not yet any problems as you mentioned above!!
did you just say 'every month'?
Old 21st April 2006, 16:13   #111
BHPian

Close to 400 kms

I've had my ZXi for close to 2 weeks now. I'm one of those super-sensitive to any noise. I faced a bad squeak after 2-3 days and just before I could go to the dealer the thing stopped automatically. I figured it was the rear seat and it got okay the moment 3 heavy folks sat on it. Haven't heard the squeak for more than a week now.

No ratting doors, thankfully. When I installed speakers the accessories guy added wooden brackets, which he said would ensure there were no rattles. I thought I heard noises from the dashboard a couple of times, but each time it was something small in an almost empty glove compartment.

Today however I've been hearing a strange thunk noise after braking (especially if I brake reasonably hard)...getting a little worried about it. Any one guessing why this is happening? Hmmmm...today I also drove without listening to music....

Other than that, the cabin is silent--it's so silent that when I was idling at a red light today I could hear the seconds needle on my watch!

Oh yeah, the reverse gear is a pain--the usual Maruti rant!

Incidentally, I have a few experiences with the dealer that I wish to highlight here.

Vitesse, the dealer I purchased the car from in Bombay sucks big time. Incidentally, Vitesse is the oldest and largest Maruti dealer in Bombay. They were angels before I paid them and transformed themselves into completely disinterested folks once the deal was signed. They messed up delivery, gave me a car with a part of the door handle missing -- the cover above the keyhole on the driver's door handle -- (and I had to visit them later to get it, despite promises that they would bring it to me) and they tried to cheat me on the accessories.

Worse, the service advisor who handed me the car told me no running in was required and I could do whatever I wanted and touch any speed. I had to open the manual, find out the part where it said low RPM during first 960 km and shove it under his face.

Even worse was to follow. My ZXi comes with a security system and when I checked with the chap if it was fully activated and if there was anything I
should do, I was told there was NOTHING I had to do and was expressly told not to touch it. But when I read the security system manual, I realised he was fibbing--the car came in valet mode with most security features DISABLED!!! And to activate the system all it took was a small procedure
lasting around 4-5 seconds, which even a kindergarten student could do!
Imagine how many other ZXi Swifts delivered by Vitesse are on the streets
with the owner thinking his car is secure, when in reality most features are
disabled!

So, great car, but absolutely pathetic sales experience!

- Ivor
Old 21st April 2006, 17:07   #112
Senior - BHPian

"So, great car, but absolutely pathetic sales experience!
- Ivor"

I guess you had the same experience when you wanted to buy a Palio?
Old 21st April 2006, 17:32   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
"So, great car, but absolutely pathetic sales experience!
- Ivor"

At least Vitesse managed to sell the car to him ... Fiat dealers didnt even get that far ...
Old 21st April 2006, 18:41   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Well, FIAT wasn't interested in even allowing me to have a test drive. Let's put it this way--I had a bad experience with Vitesse, but FIAT refused to allow me ANY chance of an experience! Given a choice of bad and worse, I'd choose bad anyday.

So Maruti dealers may be bad and on a scale of 0 to 10 (IMHO) perhaps rank around 3 to 4 but FIAT dealers score a duck.

- Ivor
Old 21st April 2006, 19:27   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivor
but FIAT refused to allow me ANY chance of an experience!
i would call that a great experience then
Old 17th May 2006, 22:40   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
No problems with my car ...so far 2500km done
big problem today - clutch fails @ 3800 km. Car towed to dealer - more on my specific review thread as things go along - before you say driver error - Vtec 42 k original clutch , previous 800 ditto

Old man was a big help - came all the way in thick traffic to rescue me from the rain
Old 17th May 2006, 22:47   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Old man was a big help - came all the way in thick traffic to rescue me from the rain
It's raining in Bangy already? I heard you "helped" him too. :-)
Old 17th May 2006, 22:49   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
big problem today - clutch fails @ 3800 km. Car towed to dealer

Thats a first! Waiting to see what the cause of this was. I've heard that Maruti have skimped on quality for the Swift, but this takes the cake.
Old 17th May 2006, 23:09   #119
Senior - BHPian

>> big problem today - clutch fails @ 3800 km. Car towed to dealer

Wow........ Now this is called as Quality.... Perhaps M****ti had gone with quantity rather than quality.... After all had to manage 3 months waiting period....
Old 18th May 2006, 10:58   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
It's raining in Bangy already? I heard you "helped" him too. :-)
Well, shall we say, I got him wet least I could do after him braving the traffic to rescue me and relax on a drive home with awesome sound

Will know more about the car in the afternoon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks