Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2008, 23:14   #196
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
A mongrel came under a friend's Swift, the front bumper got damaged, radiator developed a heavy leak.
Cost of fixing the damage- 45K.
Happened to a mighty amby and landed up with an overheating engine in the middle of nowhere in the middle of night, so chill. Dog hits are expensive business!!
Old 11th May 2008, 23:32   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Dog hits are expensive business!!
Especially for the dog! Some things money can't buy...
Old 12th May 2008, 01:20   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Happened to a mighty amby and landed up with an overheating engine in the middle of nowhere in the middle of night, so chill. Dog hits are expensive business!!
With an amby? sorry man, I cant digest that.
While some damage to the radiator is understandable, a bumper broken to pieces plus a broken radiator isn't.
I don't have another precise accident of another car to compare this with, but the over quality of the bumpers of cars these days is ruining the functionality part, with most cars not just the Swift. The i10's too is soft. Almost like a molded piece of cardboard.
FIAT Palio & OPEL Astra bumpers are rough, wonder why they don't have such bumpers on all cars, after all a bumper is meant to absorb shock.
I'm so much more brave while driving the 118, I can literally boss around.
Old 12th May 2008, 12:43   #199
BHPian

Well most of you have suggested that I should'nt have changed lanes to avoid the Lancer but gone on hitting the Lancer well thanks for the suggestions guys I am happy that I got out of that mess without a scratch as I was careful enough to watch that stupid a hole stop in the middle of the road while the guys on the Honda Activa were not concentrating on the road to see whats happening ahead and it was their mistake period!!!.

another incident which occurred when a lady driving Maruti 800 rear ended my swift at say 30 kmph and still nothing happened to the bumper nor the car not even a scratch. So I am happy with the build of my car. Others who have faced issues with their Swift's I pity you!!!!

Last edited by anarchist : 12th May 2008 at 12:44.
Old 12th May 2008, 12:59   #200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
With an amby? sorry man, I cant digest that.
While some damage to the radiator is understandable, a bumper broken to pieces plus a broken radiator isn't.
This was in kerala, some place in idukki dist coming back to TVM late night around 60 kmph. Dog sprang out of nowhere one dhak sound, didnt bother to check then.

First the AC conked off, it was raining and it took a while and the windows started fogging up, then realized that the temp gauge was climbing. Soon it went to alarming levels and car started loosing power (it was a Matador engine). Pulled the car, friend and family were also travelling with me. Waited for rain to recede, opened the bonnet and darn AC radiator was bent, the engine radiator got pushed and hit the mech fan leaf puncturing the radiator.

Fortunately one small hut was nearby and they offered some matka of H2O which helped in colling down the engine, then carried some more water in bottles and slowly drove to nearest town. Lucky another friends house was there, parked the car and next day morning the radiator was fixed, grill was removed and the cross member alignment was done. Good ol amby so could resort to some banging using hammer to push alignment back to place.

Drove back to TVM and car went in to workshop, AC radiator, fan and grill had to be worked. Some 10k bill if i remember correct.

Hope this clarified your doubts, call it murphy if you want to BUT yes even an Amby can suffer badly due to dog hit.

Oh another one, while coming down ponmudi hill good ol KSRTC decides to stop in middle on nowhere, me in zen. panic brake, somehow manage to stop with few mts in front, see an amby roll down guy frantically trying to stop, me in horror OMG there goes my rear, release the brake and dhak. me swear in head, lucky bus moved so front saved.

Got out of the car, swear and fight with amby guy, zen rear bumper and boot damaged, amby leaking radiator. guy was drunk and pays some 2000 bucks, just drove off to TVM took it popular, claimed insurance.

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th May 2008 at 13:07.
Old 24th February 2010, 13:05   #201
BHPian

Not yet had an accident in my Dzire..

But electrical problems are irritating me
Had a malfunctioning windscreen washer and fixed it twice.
The power window button feel plasticky and
ride is too uncomfortable at the back.
Handling is okay but braking is like squeezing my adrenals. I had palpitations every time i braked...hmm
Old 24th February 2010, 14:24   #202
BHPian

Hey i do not own a Swift/Dzire but i heard 1 common issues from 2 owners. I believe the rear wind screen washer is prone to fail. This has happened to 2 different owners so far. When the lever to wash the rear screen is activated, only the wiper is in action and the nozzle fails to spray water in spite of the wash tank being full. When i asked the Mars Service Station guys this, they said that the nozzle has a tendency to get blocked easily due to the force with which the water is sprayed. Whats up with that?
Old 28th February 2010, 09:30   #203
BHPian

The power steering just stopped working..
I think ive a serious electical issue in my Dzire

First the headlights went off, changed the fuse,
Then the aftermarket horns,
The windscreen wiper twice and now the power steering...

What would be the reason for electical glitches like these?
Old 28th February 2010, 12:31   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't have another precise accident of another car to compare this with, but the over quality of the bumpers of cars these days is ruining the functionality part, with most cars not just the Swift. The i10's too is soft. Almost like a molded piece of cardboard.
FIAT Palio & OPEL Astra bumpers are rough, wonder why they don't have such bumpers on all cars, after all a bumper is meant to absorb shock.
I'm so much more brave while driving the 118, I can literally boss around.
Its the European pedestrian safety norms I guess. Plus, hard bumpers pass on the impact, softer bumpers absorb the impact, hence break.
Old 1st March 2010, 13:26   #205
Senior - BHPian

Swift repairs costs (in case of frontal crash) are very high in UK. In fact, much more than Civic hatch & Corolla/ Yaris. I have read about the same on MSN-UK's Cars section last year.
They have sited the incorrrect designing & engineering of the car for the high repais costs. I will try to fetch the url for your perusal.
Anyway, we all know how the Marutis start to rattle after few months. This is definitely not expected when you make the Inidan superhatch (Swift).
Old 1st March 2010, 13:30   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
The power steering just stopped working..
I think ive a serious electical issue in my Dzire

First the headlights went off, changed the fuse,
Then the aftermarket horns,
The windscreen wiper twice and now the power steering...

What would be the reason for electical glitches like these?
there's something wrong with the electrical system - perhaps some aftermarket stuff is interfering with the original

Check the main fuses - you can even remove and refit them one by one and then see.Please also check the main out from the fuse box(under the dash )
Old 1st March 2010, 15:05   #207
mkh
Senior - BHPian

2 of my friend reported some issues
1. Clutch plate burned out- now i have little insight into exactly how he drives except the times i have sat and really did not feel any reason for that to happen. However i can say that it maybe to do with misuse also, but no concrete data to prove otherwise. It was only at 20K kms so that makes it strange and about 18 months
2. All 4 doors are rusted out and my second friend has given it to get them replaced. Maruti is replacing them, its only a 2 year old car again.This is clearly a case of poor build and again its only with this car, there are 3 more in the same apartment and same age but did not happen with the rest.

Last edited by mkh : 1st March 2010 at 15:10.
Old 1st March 2010, 16:02   #208
BHPian

Quote:
A mongrel came under a friend's Swift, the front bumper got damaged, radiator developed a heavy leak.
Cost of fixing the damage- 45K.

Is there any other damage. I had similar instance.

travelling in Highway at a speed of 95km/hr. And there comes a dog from no where. not even a time to think or react. honked hard n thud sound. parked the car on road side and checked for the damage. one portion of the bumper inside. and all the hinges broken new head lamp area. what should i say about the build quality. Also on close observation found coolant has leaked a little bit and splashes on bumper. Started the car and all seem to be normal. had careful eye on temp gauge. Nothing seem to be abnormal.

Then it started raining after 2 hrs of drive and wow AC not working. parked the car on road side and waited for rain to stop. start the car finish my work and come back to bangalore.

*** says radiator leak is very little but showed me places where it could damage after few 100kms run. condensor conked up. Bumper gone.

Complete replacement at 21k approx. claimed insurance.

paid 2.5k from my pocket.

Rattles till now found only from boot. need to fix it is 4th service. till now 1 yr 8 months. rest everything seem to hold on till now.

but conclusion is built quality very poor.
Old 1st March 2010, 16:07   #209
BHPian

My opinion is that you will find more stories of swift issues than some other cars which have relatively very low sale.

More sale , more stories.

My Swift VDI has done 12k in last 8 months. No issues so far.

- Sanjubaba
Old 1st March 2010, 16:13   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
2. All 4 doors are rusted out and my second friend has given it to get them replaced. Maruti is replacing them, its only a 2 year old car again.This is clearly a case of poor build and again its only with this car, there are 3 more in the same apartment and same age but did not happen with the rest.
Did the rusting happen in Bangalore or some coastal area ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks