Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Civic Vs Altis. Which car, which version?
Civic 1.8E MT 27 5.08%
Altis 1.8G MT 60 11.30%
Civic 1.8V MT 136 25.61%
Altis 1.8GL MT 137 25.80%
Civic 1.8V AT 93 17.51%
Altis 1.8VL AT 78 14.69%
Voters: 531. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2008, 23:55   #31
BANNED

corolla, because I own a Civic

You can't really drive Civic in city traffic condition, because of its sluggish low end torque and stiff gears
Old 5th September 2008, 23:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Guys I was at the launch today and I must say its a really really good car. The styling isnt exciting but that about the only things thats wrong with it. Will upload the pictures soon.
Old 6th September 2008, 00:12   #33
Team-BHP Support

Just saw the prices of both cars in bangalore.

Civic V AT - 12.92L
Altis VL AT - 12.85L

Civic V MT - 12.22L
Altis GL MT - 12.08L
Old 6th September 2008, 11:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
When Sx4 was launched, everyone predicted the downfall of NHC, but which didn't happen. So, let's wait and see how this pans out.

But the difference is that was a newly launched model(SX4) Corolla has an awesome brand name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Civic and Corolla are all time rivals and worldwide Corolla outsells Civic. Civic doesnt have anything better than Corolla other than A/T, futuristic dash and sleek design.

But I am little disappointed with the Tail of Altis, this one still reminds me of old Corolla

I agree with you to an extent. Honda better improve the GC in the Next Gen Civic and make it more competitively priced.
Old 6th September 2008, 11:44   #35
BHPian

Going purely by the quality of products [I own both Corolla and Civic] I'd say Never *beep* go for a *beep* honda product EVER.

Never go for Honda in India. Period. Go for Toyota with your eyes closed.

Honda guys - if you are listening this - please get your act together in India.

Tags: Honda Civic India Honda Vs Toyota Honda Service Corolla
Old 6th September 2008, 12:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
When Sx4 was launched, everyone predicted the downfall of NHC, but which didn't happen. So, let's wait and see how this pans out.
That’s because Honda makes better cars then Suzuki, but it’s a different ball game with Toyota. On books Altis already miles ahead of Civic. Few test drives will clear the situation.

Looks are subjective, IMO I find Altis looks more futuristic, as it gives a 3 dimension feel with bulging lights as well as beautiful body curves.. (CR-V front is another example of this) Civic now looks more of a lower segment car in compare to Altis. That is from outside.

From inside Civic have upper hand on looks, but if you are looking for substance than its ultimately the Altis.

Not only Honda but also Skoda will be re planning on their strategies now. But my friends, Toyota has kept a lot of cards still unshown in Altis. As each company will show their cards, Toyota will upgrade Altis, with things like - Sports variant, black color, D4D, body kit etc. Also they have not yet shown the base verient, which when launched will be below 10 L.
Old 6th September 2008, 12:14   #37
BHPian

Seeing all the goodies at such a price and build quality of Toyota, this already seems to be a winner.

My vote goes to Altis G MT! (Absolute value for money)
Old 6th September 2008, 13:58   #38
BHPian

The 1.8G Model pricing has really made lot of people think , in terms of pricing and features.
TBHP Guru's waiting for you TD experience and verdict on Civic v/s Altis before booking one.
Old 7th September 2008, 17:38   #39
BHPian

So Toyota's no matter what goodies you add on "Buddies you are late...Errrr... Too late" [/quote]

NO ONE IS EVER LATE, IF THEIR LIFESPAN INTERNATIONALLY IS AT THE SIMILAR POINT.

IF TOYOTA IS MORE VFM, IT WILL SCORE WELL.
Old 7th September 2008, 18:25   #40
BANNED

Ive voted for Civic AT, for the fabulous paddle shifts.
Im not impressed with Toyota, as this is all they could come up with even after going back to the drawing board, due to the shock they received from Civic.
Old 7th September 2008, 19:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8 GL MT.

Fanstastic pricing when you consider the additional features. Moreover the stance is not as low as Civic and ground clearence issues wont crop up in high numbers.

But the main factor for Corolla Altis getting vote is the Toyota engine. The motor definitely is more usable in real world because of torque and this matters a lot speciall considering the increasing traffic jams.
Old 8th September 2008, 13:22   #42
BHPian

The new Civic launched in US looks even better than the current one. Hope the same looks will be maintained for their India launch. See picture below.

Last edited by appuchan : 8th September 2008 at 13:23.
Old 8th September 2008, 13:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
The new Civic launched in US looks even better than the current one. Hope the same looks will be maintained for their India launch.
What's good about the design (theres no design, just streight lines). Looks like old Mitsu Lancer. They should now go back to their drawing boards and give something better to their fans. See, you just can't compare old civic and new civic, the Civic designing has to rise up to the mark of Altis now, and they need to do it fast.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 8th September 2008 at 13:47.
Old 8th September 2008, 14:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

Civic's design has to rise up to the mark of Altis ?? I bet most ppl on the forum would still agree that Altis is no match to Civic in terms of design and looks (both interior and exterior). It is the features and price that Honda should tinker with.
Old 8th September 2008, 15:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

The only plus factor the Altis has is it's higher ground clearance over the Civic. Both are boring cars for people over fifty who have worked their way up the corporate ladder here. And, in India, all the driving experience and excitement is had by drivers anyways. What is the point?.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks