Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 15:18   #601
Senior - BHPian

Saw first City on road last night. It is one of the most sporty model of Honda till date. Didn't had much time to observe but it looked much smaller then Magnum and even Verna.

See the picture, excuse for bad quality.

EDIT: Now Launched :All New Honda city (Indian version)-full specs & features .-city.jpg
Old 18th November 2008, 15:30   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Saw first City on road last night. It is one of the most sporty model of Honda till date. Didn't had much time to observe but it looked much smaller then Magnum and even Verna.

See the picture, excuse for bad quality.

Attachment 71502

I totally agree to this. I too saw ANHC yesterday, fortunately just besides a NHC. The NHC looked & felt bigger and lengthy then the ANHC!

No doubt that the ANHC is a sporty & a modern looking car, but dont know why but something somewhere looks missing. The posh feel of a 8-9 Lacs car certainly felt missing.

Last edited by akash_m : 18th November 2008 at 15:31.
Old 18th November 2008, 21:24   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Saw first City on road last night. … but it looked much smaller then Magnum and even Verna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
I totally agree to this. I too saw ANHC yesterday, fortunately just besides a NHC. The NHC looked & felt bigger and lengthy then the ANHC!
The ANHC is marginally longer, but shorter than the NHC. Possibly the lower height gave that impression. But Magnum is bigger and Verna is smaller.
Old 18th November 2008, 22:32   #604
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
The ANHC is marginally longer, but shorter than the NHC. Possibly the lower height gave that impression. But Magnum is bigger and Verna is smaller.
They haven't increased the width; the slender width gives it the skinny look. May be part of the arrowshot design
Old 19th November 2008, 00:37   #605
BHPian

i had seen one too yeah its not as big as you may think it is. exterior looks good but not sure of interior. i think sx4 is better exterior wise.(imo)
Old 19th November 2008, 12:29   #606
BHPian

I saw a new G3HC in maroon color today around 11AM on Bannerghatta Road. Looks like the owner just took the delivery from Magnum Honda. The car looks tight and compact. I liked it.
Old 19th November 2008, 19:46   #607
BHPian

I had gone to Ace Honda, noida to see ANHC. They have only AT and no MT for test drive. Did not TD though (forgot my DL)
Positives of ANHC
Looks better
More power
Negatives of ANHC
Interiors are a let down. does not look to be 9 lac car (NHC is much better)
Plastic colors is specially bad. The fabric insets in the door are a downgrade from NHC
Back-seat is low and not so comfortable
Roof is low , i am 5'10" . and i was feeling that i will hit the roof
ICE looks cool to me.
Old 22nd November 2008, 10:58   #608
BHPian

Hey guys...this is my first post to this fabulous group.

Yesterday I visited the Deccan Honda showroom in Pune. The dealer says that the display cars dont have a slot for fog lamps; however the delivery cars will have a slot (covered with plastic like in NHC) where the fog lamps can be fitted as an accessory However i dont trust his words much.

Any idea guys?? Have any of you watched the delivery car on road? Does it have a slot for the front fog lamps??
Old 22nd November 2008, 16:12   #609
BHPian

took a test drive of the AT in Delhi today (Courtsey Okhla). Disappointing interiors! absolutely positively a complete let down! The NHC & SX4 interiors are MUCH better! What i thought would be a blind buy is now a difficult decision.
Old 22nd November 2008, 17:23   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post

No doubt that the ANHC is a sporty & a modern looking car, but dont know why but something somewhere looks missing. The posh feel of a 8-9 Lacs car certainly felt missing.
Actually it depends from which angle you saw the car. From front and side the car looks bigger than NHC and looks in the league of Civic. However from the rear the car looks smaller than the NHC. The reason is an optical illusion, the car doesnt have a perfectly flat rear, rather the rear is inclined at the sides folding inwards. Thus the boot looks smaller in width than it actually is. I cant explain exactly how it looks, but go check the rear, and you will see what I mean.
Old 22nd November 2008, 20:25   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Hey guys...this is my first post to this fabulous group.

Yesterday I visited the Deccan Honda showroom in Pune. The dealer says that the display cars dont have a slot for fog lamps; however the delivery cars will have a slot (covered with plastic like in NHC) where the fog lamps can be fitted as an accessory However i dont trust his words much.

Any idea guys?? Have any of you watched the delivery car on road? Does it have a slot for the front fog lamps??
Well I went to the dealer in my area and he told me that the slot is present under the front bumper and cutting marking are present inside. They will fit Fog lams by cutting the particular area of front bumper. he also showed me the picture of car with fog lamps fitted. They have two options of fitting fog lamps one is in the existing bumper by cutting it and second is buying additional front bumper spoiler. But let me warn you the price of original fog lams by Honda is around 30k and if you chose fog lamps with spoiler it is even more expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithgeorge View Post
Everyone

Is this quote of 29.5K for the set of 5 Honda OEM alloys correct? if so, it is a good price. I have booked a AT and happened to drop by my dealer yesterday to check on delivery, they informed me that they have received a communication form Honda that the OEM alloys will cost ~11700 per wheel! that is ~58K for a set of 5!
Quote:
Originally Posted by civ4647 View Post
yep. according my dealer a set of 5 OEM alloys are 29000. the prices for alloys from honda have gone down.
I also checked the price with Honda the price is around 12k per piece of alloy. Mighty expensive accessories, I also checked the front crome gril it was for 13k.

I have TD the car and according to me the car is not worth it at the price tag. You can read my review at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ml#post1062190
Don't blind faith me TD yourself. Hoping this will help you making your decision.
VikCho
Old 22nd November 2008, 21:54   #612
BHPian

See post 538/page 36 on this thread for fog lamp pictures.
You need to attach an optional kit which includes front &rear bumper attachments, fog lamps, a tiny lip spoiler on the boot as well as side skirting. I am not sure, if there is a way to put the fogs without these attachments. In any case it is a costly exercise, especially if it is from Honda
Old 22nd November 2008, 22:37   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikCho View Post
I also checked the price with Honda the price is around 12k per piece of alloy. Mighty expensive accessories, I also checked the front crome gril it was for 13k.
VikCho
Does anyne have a photo of the car with the front CROME grill?
Old 23rd November 2008, 11:44   #614
Senior - BHPian

The biggest joke was I pretended to be innocent to ask the Honda Sales guy why no fog lamps in a 9 lakh rupees car. He told me Sir, the lights of the car are such that you dont need fog lamps. I said really, than why dont they have such lights in Accord and Civic, and he said caz they are old... lol.
I asked him why no alloy wheels for such an expensive car... again he said, caz this car has ABS and Airbags in all models that even Corolla doesnt have. I said there are Airbags and ABS in A Star, let alone SX4, Swift, Fiesta etc. He said, no A Star doesnt have Airbags.... lol.
BMW ki rear lights, Civic ka steering, 118 bhp, aur kya chahiye sir?
Old 23rd November 2008, 13:11   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
The biggest joke was I pretended to be innocent to ask the Honda Sales guy why no fog lamps in a 9 lakh rupees car. He told me Sir, the lights of the car are such that you dont need fog lamps. I said really, than why dont they have such lights in Accord and Civic, and he said caz they are old... lol.
I asked him why no alloy wheels for such an expensive car... again he said, caz this car has ABS and Airbags in all models that even Corolla doesnt have. I said there are Airbags and ABS in A Star, let alone SX4, Swift, Fiesta etc. He said, no A Star doesnt have Airbags.... lol.
BMW ki rear lights, Civic ka steering, 118 bhp, aur kya chahiye sir?
lolz super funny
By the way which honda showroom you went ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks