Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2023, 14:51   #841
BHPian

Re: Highest reading on the odometer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
One of my uncles drove us in his Toyota Etios Liva petrol. ...he wants to keep the car until it falls apart or is banned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
It says GD. Must be a diesel. No mean feat nonetheless.
I meant diesel, that's why I even said 'until it's banned'. But I typed petrol. Butter fingers.
Old 26th October 2023, 14:10   #842

I drive a 2015 Fiat Punto Evo "Emotion" with a 1.3 MJD powerplant.

I just came back from a drive to Gujarat for Navratri, and my car just clocked 1,76,400 kilometres last night.

Super happy with the drive quality of the car, and so far my car has been driven in 21 states and 4 UTs of this glorious country - as I like to tell my service centre staff, "ye gadi ne ghat-ghat ka diesel piya hai" 😁

I'm going to drive this guy till the wheels fall off (hopefully not for another 5 years).
next_to_random is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 00:15   #843
BHPian

Highest reading on the odometer!-cbz.jpg

Hope I can post mine. Mine is two wheels less. Took 9 Years to complete, bottom half of the engine including engine bore, piston is original. Running 4th Set of tyres.

Only the top part is replaced after the engine oil got burnt mysteriously. Bike was okay till 1,00,000. Post 1,00,000 niggling problem crop up like fuse blowing up, sheared wires (plastic covering the wires). Water seeped into speedometer console through the adjust button and the adjust button came off. only the odometer and RPM meter working as of now. Fuel gauge conked off after a fuse blew due to a torn wire below the battery.

The jewel in the bike is the Honda engineered engine. Pity, honda engineering does not reflect in their marketing strategry / service / availabiity of spares for India market despite having good bikes.

Looking for a replacement, but no 150 cc bike with ground floor pillon friendly seat except the Bullet family which is out of my budget and cannot downgrade to 125 cc bike due to my hefty weight of 98 kgs and my better half at 104 kgs. The hunt for a replacement bike continues...

Last edited by graaja : 27th January 2024 at 18:57. Reason: Minor typo
Sarvodaya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 08:03   #844
BHPian

Found this on reddit(Europe sub) sometime back. It seems credible, as everyone in that thread mentioned that its quite possible in Europe. Also, by looking at rpm meter, I'm guessing that it might be a diesel car.
Attached Thumbnails
Highest reading on the odometer!-skoda_rapid_taxi.jpeg  

ramki.grandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 14:18   #845
BHPian

Highest reading on the odometer!-img20231026wa0016.jpg
First gen Amaze CNG uber.
The driver has had it since new and it's only had oil changes done. Was in great nick, no rattles or squeaks either.
The driver said that if this was a maruti or Hyundai the car would be in the done by now but the Honda is like new. He did complain of the pricy parts compared to Maruti but ig it's well worth it, this was in much better health than most 1L marutis or Hyundais I sit in.
Doge is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 23:14   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Attachment 2563738

Hope I can post mine. Mine is two wheels less. Took 9 Years to complete, bottom half of the engine including engine bore, piston is original. Running 4th Set of tyres.

Only the top part is replaced after the engine oil got burnt mysteriously. Bike was okay till 1,00,000. Post 1,00,000 niggling problem crop up like fuse blowing up, sheared wires (plastic covering the wires). Water seeped into speedometer console through the adjust button and the adjust button came off. only the odometer and RPM meter working as of now. Fuel gauge conked off after a fuse blew due to a torn wire below the battery.

The jewel in the bike is the Honda engineered engine. Pity, honda engineering does not reflect in their marketing strategry / service / availabiity of spares for India market despite having good bikes.

Looking for a replacement, but no 150 cc bike with ground floor pillon friendly seat except the Bullet family which is out of my budget and cannot downgrade to 125 cc bike due to my hefty weight of 98 kgs and my better half at 104 kgs. The hunt for a replacement bike continues...
Sir, did you tried the recent kawasaki w175? Could be an option you are searching for.
Old 4th February 2024, 02:05   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
Sir, did you tried the recent kawasaki w175? Could be an option you are searching for.
Yes, I liked the bike despite its basic looks, but no rear disc brake / abs, 1960 instrument console.
Sarvodaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 13:56   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Yes, I liked the bike despite its basic looks, but no rear disc brake / abs, 1960 instrument console.
Yes the rear doesn't have disc but I think it has single channel abs. Instrument console is bare basic. But as a bike with proper pillion ergonomics I think there is no other except this for that price range. When I say ergonomics it is not just the single seat but also elevation and posture that the pillion rider will get into.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks