Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2009, 14:58   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I remember when I was small kid cars/scooters were with out indicators / Seat belts until Rajiv Gandhi found it horrifying and amended the law in 1987.
And how much has it helped, LOL?!!

Here in Delhi we are seeing an ever increasing number of motorized vehicles on the road without tail lamps working!
I don't even want to mention the un-motorized ones like bicycles and cycle rickshaws WITHOUT even REFLECTORS!!

It's not about laws; it is about Administartion and implementation! Utter failure!!
Old 5th February 2009, 15:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post

Here in Delhi we are seeing an ever increasing number of motorized vehicles on the road without tail lamps working!
I don't even want to mention the un-motorized ones like bicycles and cycle rickshaws WITHOUT even REFLECTORS!!

It's not about laws; it is about Administartion and implementation! Utter failure!!
Anup ji Enforcement and Administration is another issue but point is before this law was in place there was no option for an ordinary citizen to buy a
Bajaj Scooter with turn indicators , Similarly there was no provision for Seat belts in old Amby and Padminis AFIAK,
Sticker of "AC no hand signal " behind taxis is legacy of that era.

People still don't wear seat belts but atleast those who want can wear becuase they are available in vehicle by manufacturers.

I think ABS and Airbags are in same catagory they need to be enforced on manufacturers , All arguments of cost escalation are fictitios because cost comes down as numbers go up.
Old 5th February 2009, 15:22   #63
BHPian

The rear tail lamp cluster looks like those current version Dodge Durango.
The front has shades of Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 5th February 2009, 16:25   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But, Isn't it cheating, if the manufacturer doesn't care about the safety of the buyer who paid 10+ Lakhs?
Even if there is no laws, Car manufactures should do justice to the buyer. They are not Truck body builders.

In Karur, you can get Seat belts for Trucks and Buses offer as an option (or even complimentary), M&M do not have any option for Airbags. Its shows they are yet to invest on that.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:29   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Sticker of "AC no hand signal " behind taxis is legacy of that era.

People still don't wear seat belts but atleast those who want can wear becuase they are available
Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
In Karur, you can get Seat belts for Trucks and Buses offer as an option (or even complimentary), M&M do not have any option for Airbags. Its shows they are yet to invest on that.
I guess there is a point in what you say, BUT .....
I recall that as a ten year old boy in this city, I had to use a battery operated headlight and have a working reflector at the rear of my bicycle, if riding at night, because that was the way the law was enforced more than four decades ago.
It was almost impossible to find even non-motorized vehicles without a light and working reflectors.
Bullock carts used to hang a kerosene lamp under their axle! The 'driver' was often fast asleep, with the cart going to destination entirely on auto-pilot!

From that degree of implementation of the laws, we are today seeing a situation that seems to be spiralling out of control!
All the safety devices in the world cannot help if enforcement & policing are absent!
Old 8th February 2009, 02:48   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's probably because the gearing is probably very different.
Even the old Gypsy MG410W used to do 0-100 in about 15 seconds with a 45 bhp engine!
Entirely a game of gearing!
Sorry for going OT.
Anup Sir are you sure.
I dont think so
even the MG413W with 82 bhp does it in 16.xx seconds.
Old 8th February 2009, 12:12   #67
Senior - BHPian

looks fabulous.

thank GOD they have not messed up with the grille this time. i loved the honeycomb grille, the bumpers are great and the LED indicators......... WOW!
Old 8th February 2009, 14:40   #68
BHPian

Poor M&M Fit and finish continues

Good to see Scorpio getting electric ORVMs. Front LED blikers are nice inclusion. but in the first picture front facing look at both end of bumpers below.. the the cladding inserts are not fitting properly...YUCK finishing... Cheat Indians by another compalascent prodcut through a tide of TV commercials and impose an unfinished/halfbaked product in market!

The attention M&M pay to MARKETING their vehicles currently must shift to MAKING their vehicles!
Old 8th February 2009, 23:25   #69
Senior - BHPian

Fake LEDs......sad!! But the front bumper of the civics resemble the new ones...but the rear lights are from the older one..!! The new bumper on the scorp looks good IMO
Old 8th February 2009, 23:45   #70
Senior - BHPian

Looks good! Does it have Limited Slip Differential (LSD) yet?
Old 9th February 2009, 01:43   #71
BHPian

The wheel flares might be a wind barrier or is it a swooping design ?? So as to let the wind flow freely ?? Any way s waiting for the interiors pal !!
Old 9th February 2009, 08:18   #72
Senior - BHPian

the fit & finish looks poor from the pics, especially the bumper & headlights. i assume this is a pre-production model & they will sort this out by the time the vehicle is launched.

i was wondering whether the new bumpers, headlights, grille & side cladding can be swapped onto my mHawk as well...

scorpio desperately needed electric ORVMs, Thank you mahindra! now if you can do something to improve the ride quality, it will be highly regarded. are you listening mahindra?
Old 9th February 2009, 10:09   #73
Senior - BHPian

Looks 'Yuck' to me. Existing front looks much better than this IMHO. I liked the middle bike more than Scorpio
Old 9th February 2009, 11:24   #74
Senior - BHPian

a step in the right direction but.. mahindra should have focused more on Quality.
nevertheless the car's looking Decent IMO.
Old 9th February 2009, 21:15   #75
BHPian

Thats a much better looking scorpio. Looks more of international class. They have added more muscle to the looks.

Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks