Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 11:06   #2281
Senior - BHPian

^ probably becaues of not too many VW owners on this forum ... ?
Old 18th May 2010, 20:30   #2282
BHPian

I took the Skoda Fabia from Vinayaka Skoda, Bangalore last Saturday and was shocked to see the delivery process, its just pathetic. Nothing organized and no clarity on the cost calculations.

In short the new dealership has no ethics and are least bothered on customers. God knows how they will survive. This is the state of very new dealer opened just few days back.

I wrote to Skoda guys about the experience not even a call from them. The Skoda management is just horrible. They are like cats who close their eyes and drink milk. They are all equally responsible for the dealership mess.

You can go for Fabia only if

1. You love the car a lot, it has got good safety features and handling the car is excellent, else you have a lot of other options.

2. Do read all the reviews and don't keep any expectations from the dealers or even Skoda to that matter. Forget international brand experience, it will not give you even a Indian experience also.

Skoda claimed they have changed a lot, but now I am very sure nothing has changed.

Last edited by kadri007 : 18th May 2010 at 20:32.
Old 19th May 2010, 10:47   #2283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
I took the Skoda Fabia from Vinayaka Skoda, Bangalore last Saturday and was shocked to see the delivery process, its just pathetic. Nothing organized and no clarity on the cost calculations.

In short the new dealership has no ethics and are least bothered on customers. God knows how they will survive. This is the state of very new dealer opened just few days back.

I wrote to Skoda guys about the experience not even a call from them. The Skoda management is just horrible. They are like cats who close their eyes and drink milk. They are all equally responsible for the dealership mess.

You can go for Fabia only if

1. You love the car a lot, it has got good safety features and handling the car is excellent, else you have a lot of other options.

2. Do read all the reviews and don't keep any expectations from the dealers or even Skoda to that matter. Forget international brand experience, it will not give you even a Indian experience also.

Skoda claimed they have changed a lot, but now I am very sure nothing has changed.
I warned you many times kadri . But you had initially said that this new dealer was good and was better than the rest. Skoda will never change. I mean if you look at it from their point of view, in spite of all their a.s.s issues they still sell cars right !!!! And I doubt you will have much response if you write to them. Call the guys in banglore or Aurangabad and fire them. Thats what I did. Not that things changed drastically when I did that but then the dealer will be under pressure to deliver. If you do this skoda will internally kill the dealer's happiness. So then you may have some hope.
Old 19th May 2010, 11:55   #2284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
I warned you many times kadri . But you had initially said that this new dealer was good and was better than the rest. Skoda will never change. I mean if you look at it from their point of view, in spite of all their a.s.s issues they still sell cars right !!!! And I doubt you will have much response if you write to them. Call the guys in banglore or Aurangabad and fire them. Thats what I did. Not that things changed drastically when I did that but then the dealer will be under pressure to deliver. If you do this skoda will internally kill the dealer's happiness. So then you may have some hope.
I took the car after reading all reviews. I am well aware of the risk involved in taking a Skoda.

But if you experience the product you actually come to know how it is. Its a wondeful car and its safety features are just excellent. For the safety of the family its worth taking the service and dealers risk.

And every dealer and every car manufacturer has one or other issues. So if you are confident that you can sort the issues out and dont feel any heart burns for the issues, you can take the risk.

If Skoda wakes up and puts all the process and guidelines in place everything will get corrected. Its just a matter of time.

Vinayaka Skoda Bangalore, sales guys are good no doubt of it. I have already taken up the issue and the GM of the dealership is coming to meet me today.

And I have already written to Skoda India and Chez as well. Both Aurangadabad and Bangalore customer care officers called me today and are looking into things.

So as of now I am enjoying my car and not concentrating on the issues.

Last edited by kadri007 : 19th May 2010 at 12:01.
Old 20th May 2010, 10:43   #2285
BHPian

Quote:

So as of now I am enjoying my car and not concentrating on the issues.
The car is good I absolutely don't deny it. Lot of people buy skoda just because of that and hope no issues will crop up. If your lucky nothing will crop up. If it does its not easy like dealing with a maruti dealer. I have had my fair share of problems which is why I tell you this.

But I have also met satisfied skoda customers and it baffles me as to how they can be SATISFIED !!

I kid you not because for a normal free service the dealer may ask you for 2 days time which is simply not reasonable.
Old 20th May 2010, 11:30   #2286
BANNED

One must remember if you buy a car you are typically looking at a relationship with will last for half a decade or more. Service and support are integral to it. so one should never be swayed by the specs alone. A grade B car functioning perfectly and satisfactorily is better than a Grade A+ vehicle which is a pain in the a$$.
Old 20th May 2010, 11:55   #2287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
A grade B car functioning perfectly and satisfactorily is better than a Grade A+ vehicle which is a pain in the a$$.
Consider something like a Superb vs Accord and the decision is nowhere near that straightforward
Old 20th May 2010, 12:13   #2288
BANNED

@MacLaren: Say you have a breakdown in your Superb, and it is fixed after three months and that too with fake spares ! Do you still have the same opinion?
Old 20th May 2010, 16:54   #2289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
The car is good I absolutely don't deny it. Lot of people buy skoda just because of that and hope no issues will crop up. If your lucky nothing will crop up. If it does its not easy like dealing with a maruti dealer. I have had my fair share of problems which is why I tell you this.

But I have also met satisfied skoda customers and it baffles me as to how they can be SATISFIED !!

I kid you not because for a normal free service the dealer may ask you for 2 days time which is simply not reasonable.
I also checked with many Skoda Fabia owners before deciding on the car. They were all happy and enjoying.

Do contact Skoda and tell your concerns, with me they have come back and when I had a small issue on billing.

The GM of Skoda Vinayaka, Bangalore came and met me and took a detailed feedback and also I got mails from Skoda people also. It has helped me in solving the billing issue.

And here's my ownership thread with pics:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...oda-fabia.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd May 2010 at 00:41. Reason: Updating to working link.
Old 20th May 2010, 19:28   #2290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@MacLaren: Say you have a breakdown in your Superb, and it is fixed after three months and that too with fake spares ! Do you still have the same opinion?
But equally, you miss out on an unbelievable number of features. It is after all, a car that is head and shoulders above the rest. All I am saying is that it is not an easy decision to write off a Skoda purely based on the A.S.S.

Course, I'm not a Superb buyer (far from it) but if I were one, I'd think twice before eliminating it.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 20th May 2010 at 19:29.
Old 21st May 2010, 09:54   #2291
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Course, I'm not a Superb buyer (far from it) but if I were one, I'd think twice before eliminating it.
Agreed. I was looking at the 12-16L market. Eliminated both Laura & Jetta primarily because of reputation. Booked a Civic AT and am stuck with lying and procrastinating Honda corporate (I have posted my exchange on another thread). The problem is with the corporate end and they are blaming the dealership (some corporate responsibility) and denying statements by their ASM to the GM Sales of the dealer and myself on the phone when we were both in my house!

In our lab the experience of past 30+ years suggests that a first class product with poor support is worse that a product with somewhat inferior specs but excellent support.

Last edited by sgiitk : 21st May 2010 at 09:56.
Old 21st May 2010, 10:23   #2292
BHPian

Quote:
I also checked with many Skoda Fabia owners before deciding on the car. They were all happy and enjoying.

Do contact Skoda and tell your concerns, with me they have come back and when I had a small issue on billing.

The GM of Skoda Vinayaka, Bangalore came and met me and took a detailed feedback and also I got mails from Skoda people also. It has helped me in solving the billing issue.

You just bought your car so enjoy it. I also sincerely hope you don't have any problems. Please don't think I am discouraging you when I say problems are difficult to be solved and rather it will take more time than you imagine to solve it.

I have done far too many things than contact skoda and tell my concerns.
Old 21st May 2010, 10:34   #2293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed. I was looking at the 12-16L market. Eliminated both Laura & Jetta primarily because of reputation. Booked a Civic AT and am stuck with lying and procrastinating Honda corporate (I have posted my exchange on another thread). The problem is with the corporate end and they are blaming the dealership (some corporate responsibility) and denying statements by their ASM to the GM Sales of the dealer and myself on the phone when we were both in my house!

In our lab the experience of past 30+ years suggests that a first class product with poor support is worse that a product with somewhat inferior specs but excellent support.
But then if we are talking about Superb vs Accord
or Laura vs Civic - the question of first class product and inferior spec doesn't even arise. Both are at almost same platform!

So unless you are smitten by the car or the brand name - going in for a vehicle that is bound to give you niggling troubles and even greater trouble resolving those troubles makes absolutely no sense.
Old 25th May 2010, 19:22   #2294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
So unless you are smitten by the car or the brand name - going in for a vehicle that is bound to give you niggling troubles and even greater trouble resolving those troubles makes absolutely no sense.
True. But it is a difficult decision to take. Mind should rule over the heart to take the right decision. Something like heart says Laura, mind says Toyota.

I would say that even if one is smitten by the car, if the car has bad reputation, it is better to stay away from it. Until solid proof emerges to erase the bad reputation.
Old 25th May 2010, 22:52   #2295

Inspite of excellent product, the Skoda horror story seems to go on and on and on, even god must have given up hope.

I was keenly following this & other Skoda thread hoping to see something positive from Skoda.

With a hevay heart had to say no to 1.8TSI Laura. Finalized the ANHC.
Hopefully in next few years will have another opportunity to consider a new car & hopefully Sokda would have improved to the extent that I can muster courage to buy one.

Thanks to you all / team-bhp, without which many like me would have fallen prey to the 10/10 & other fancy ads of skoda.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks