Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2009, 14:07   #46
BHPian

Ranc : Today is the 6th of 6-7 days. no news yet.
Old 27th September 2009, 23:16   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Ranc : Today is the 6th of 6-7 days. no news yet.
Ya, somebody was just tooo curious to post a thread without actual Pics.

I heard it'll be another good 3 months before the Indigo Vista is actually launched.
Old 27th September 2009, 23:42   #48
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Its going to be FGT and not vgt. It will be the same engine as vista, palio, punto. May be with a different state of tune
with all due respect i would like to know the source of this information.

i can guarantee you that the vista sedan has the 1.3 quadrajet engine with a VGT putting out 90ps of max power. i have myself seen the engine, disassembled the engine and its the same engine which has been put into the 15 or so production models which have been manufactured in pune by tata motors and already dispatched to the various locations where the car will be officially unveiled. the launch date is supposed to be diwali but for some un-confirmed reasons it has been postponed.
also just for information sake, the benchmarking for the petrol vista sedan has been done with the NHC (not the ANHC) AND THE FIAT LINEA.
and for the diesel vista sedan, the ford fiesta and the fiat linea were the benchmarks.

Old 28th September 2009, 01:40   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post

i can guarantee you that the vista sedan has the 1.3 quadrajet engine with a VGT putting out 90ps of max power. i have myself seen the engine, disassembled the engine and its the same engine which has been put into the 15 or so production models which have been manufactured in pune by tata motors and already dispatched to the various locations where the car will be officially unveiled. the launch date is supposed to be diwali but for some un-confirmed reasons it has been postponed.
also just for information sake, the benchmarking for the petrol vista sedan has been done with the NHC (not the ANHC) AND THE FIAT LINEA.
and for the diesel vista sedan, the ford fiesta and the fiat linea were the benchmarks.
soo...the vista sedan will have a few horses more than the linea..
Old 28th September 2009, 08:41   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The source of information is from the factory itself during my factory visit. The car is manufactured at Fiat factory in Ranjangaon.

Keep the conversation going.
Old 28th September 2009, 12:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That is some nice piece of info, there. Thanks for sharing. Taking NHC and the Linea for benchmarking is the step in the right direction.
Any info on the new launch date?
Old 29th September 2009, 19:24   #52
BHPian

Benchmarking Indigo with the quality competitors is a great news. Vista hatch showed the great build quality and even after a year no major issues are reported in the forums..

Tempted to see & own the fully loaded **Indigo Vista Ignis***

Last edited by TeddyBear : 29th September 2009 at 19:25.
Old 30th September 2009, 09:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

Why should it be called "Tata Indigo Vista Ignis"? Isn't that too much baggage?

I guess "Tata Ignis" should just do perfectly enough.
Old 30th September 2009, 09:50   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Why should it be called "Tata Indigo Vista Ignis"? Isn't that too much baggage?

I guess "Tata Ignis" should just do perfectly enough.
Ignis is a variant name for the Indica Vista. This soon to be introduced variant will be top of the line, and placed above current Indica Vista Aura.

Rumours suggest ABS/Airbags and the works in this variant making it compete with the best of hatchbacks in the country.

As for Indigo, I seriously doubt TATA would name the car even minutely similar to Indica Vista. I personally hope that nomenclature of this new model is short and sweet unlike 'Tata Indica Vista Aura Quadrajet'
Old 30th September 2009, 10:13   #55
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

If the eingines are FGT then it is a big dampner vs if it is VGT. Seen both views aired already.

Airbags and ABS are today essential in top of the line models.

A diwali launch would be great and at the right time.

If the launch is so close it is amazing to see the lack of real snaps.
Old 30th September 2009, 10:53   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the launch date is supposed to be diwali but for some un-confirmed reasons it has been postponed.
A friend of mine who works in TML also confirmed that the car is very close to its expected launch, but since they are being built in Ranzangaon, he is not able to provide me with a TD report of the same.

PS : I met him after a long time , and the first time after his marriage, and all I could think of talking to him was upcoming car launches.
Old 30th September 2009, 11:09   #57
BHPian

I think FGT will make more sense for TATA. Especially since Dzire (it's main competitor) has FGT only. And TATA has to provide similar price levels to take away that huge marketshare from Dzire.

Ofcourse, best engines would be 1.4 FIRE and 1.3VGT.
Old 30th September 2009, 13:53   #58
Senior - BHPian

New Indigo on 14th Oct; To be known as Manza!

Tata Motors is all set to launch the new Indigo christened as Manza on October 14 according to Autocar India.

source:- :: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

According to the report, it will come with 2 engines from the Linea. The dashboard will be similar to the Vista.
Expected price is 5.8L for base petrol and 7.4L for top end diesel, on road Mumbai.
Old 30th September 2009, 13:57   #59
BHPian

But some said they have changed the dashboard for Manza and not the vista one .But the pic in Autocar is a old one.
Old 30th September 2009, 14:23   #60
BANNED

But Dezire LDi comes for 5.68L . 5.8L for petrol version from TATA stable. Will it sell?

Thanks,
Vijay
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks