Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2010, 10:55   #331
Senior - BHPian

Interesting to note that the voice has an accent. I wonder how many "mango people" would understand what it is about!! But I am completely blown off! I read the paper on the pot and I have now words to describe how i felt when I started hearing a voice after opening the paper! LOL!
Old 21st September 2010, 11:03   #332
BHPian

If someone not noticed, VW has intelligent put a small black tape with power button stuck just next to the censor.

You just need to remove it and stuck it over censor, and whenever you want to listen remove and stuck back.

Intelligent and very innovative thinking.
Old 21st September 2010, 11:04   #333
BHPian

Extrordinary innovation, VW! I first came across such a device in Shanghai on the streets in 2002 (a chirping bird pops out when a closed peanut shell was opened) for, I think, about RMB 50. The bird still chirps after 8 years!

I think this VW Vento ad will continue to talk long after the first editions of Vento change hands, maybe in about 5 years' time!!
Old 21st September 2010, 11:06   #334
Senior - BHPian

very nice and innovative. As it is said, an ad printed on the paper, one can never be sure how many people would notice it. With such an ad they are sure that every reader will see the ad. In case of multiple households sharing the newspapers, everyone will notice it.

Good idea to ensure that your ad is seen (noticed) by people.

How many editions have got this ?
Old 21st September 2010, 11:11   #335
BHPian

My maid panicked...

Every morning my maid gets in the newspaper when I open the door for her. This morning she panicked after she picked up the newspaper and heard someone speak.. LOL

On a serious note - I am awed by VW's marketing strategy. This is how you sell a product. We should all remember this day as the day when conventional marketing norms were shattered.

Way to go VW. Way to go!!
Old 21st September 2010, 11:27   #336
BHPian

As I lifted my TOI newpaper today from my car porch, got stunned hearing some chanting about VW Vento, german engineering. I opened the paper and found the add and an auto sensored chanting box in the paper. Awaesome.

Hope in most of the house these add will be chanted throughout the day, untill its battery gets down. I wish if I was having enough budget, I might have booked the TDI version today itself.
Old 21st September 2010, 11:27   #337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Yes innovative sure, but there should a way to shut it in a way other than closings its face. While holding and reading the paper after some time I tore that device and placed it upside down for some peace.
I tore the device from the newspaper, and gave it to my 18 month old kid to play. She had a whale of a time with the talking device.
Old 21st September 2010, 11:31   #338
BHPian

Dude there are two batteries and other electronic H/w that can be swallowed, so watch out and better not give her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I tore the device from the newspaper, and gave it to my 18 month old kid to play. She had a whale of a time with the talking device.
Old 21st September 2010, 11:32   #339
Team-BHP Support

WE we also got that. Looks like its all over India. VW is sure spending a lot of money on advertising blitzkreg. But after a while it was annoying. I mean who would want to somebody going on and on while reading newspaper.
I tried tearing it off, but newspaper was also getting torn,. so i sprinkled water on it. but true to german tank like build, it still kept going on and on
Old 21st September 2010, 11:34   #340
RGK
Senior - BHPian

In the Ad (given in Hindu & TOI), if your fold the paper the sound cuts off. I could not understand the photo . Is it an engineer or doctor - crying or astonished on seeing the product.
Old 21st September 2010, 12:02   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
In the Ad (given in Hindu & TOI), if your fold the paper the sound cuts off. I could not understand the photo . Is it an engineer or doctor - crying or astonished on seeing the product.
Oh ya, why that person seems to be crying on seeing the Vento...haha
Old 21st September 2010, 12:04   #342
BHPian

In Chennai, it's not only in TOI. The Hindu also carried a full page advert with the talking device.

Initially thought it was an mobile phone alarm and then found the device on the back of the page.

Last edited by diwa : 21st September 2010 at 12:06.
Old 21st September 2010, 12:08   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Oh ya, why that person seems to be crying on seeing the Vento...haha
That person is sad to see the Vento leave the assembly line
Old 21st September 2010, 12:17   #344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Dude there are two batteries and other electronic H/w that can be swallowed, so watch out and better not give her.
OFTOPIC :
It was strictly under supervision. After a while, i took it back, and kept it away.
Old 21st September 2010, 12:33   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Sorry for being
Its a light sensitive device (now everybody already knows isnt it?). It is called LDR (Light Dependent Resistor) and by folding the paper, you are basically cutting off the light.

Coming back to topic, I see that most of the people are interested in the diesel and it is indeed the new segment king, leaving behind Linea, the closest rival.
But for a person, who does appx 700-800 kms in a month, does it make sense to go for petrol Highline, considering the Rs. 1lakh upfront saving on cost. Or is the Honda City still a no brainer choice for a petrol car? Would request more disussion from all experienced members.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks