Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2009, 19:13   #676
Senior - BHPian

So far, it looks like its Indicruz. Dont mistake it for 'New Safari', at least until its out. based on what we read in the news article, TATA himself confirms that this is going to be pitched to a new segment where they can compete CRV and that range of premium SUVs. I dont think it will replace 2.2 VTT. You will have to stretch your budget crazy to consider this as an alternate if you are already eyeing 2.2 VTT.
Old 24th October 2009, 21:45   #677
BHPian

I heard from some of my sources that facelift version of Safari is coming in Nov 09, do you guys have any similar news?
Old 24th October 2009, 22:13   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
So far, it looks like its Indicruz. Dont mistake it for 'New Safari', at least until its out...
This is one thing I find strange. There are still people here who confuse Indicruz with the new Safari. This is, unless I am missing something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Power View Post
I heard from some of my sources that facelift version of Safari is coming in Nov 09, do you guys have any similar news?
First time I am hearing (reading) about a time frame for the face lift Safari release. C4P, hope your source is reliable.
Old 25th October 2009, 14:54   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
This is one thing I find strange. There are still people here who confuse Indicruz with the new Safari. This is, unless I am missing something...

First time I am hearing (reading) about a time frame for the face lift Safari release. C4P, hope your source is reliable.
even i heard few people at cargo motors here, when i went to check manza talking about new Safari coming soon, but could not confirm anything.Any source to confirm this news.
Old 26th October 2009, 15:21   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Autocar India Nov-09 edition reports :-

"A part of the reason for the delay of Tata Motors' upcoming MPV, known internally as the Indicruz (Code : X2), is because it comes with new levels of sophistication for the company. The Indicruz has eight ECUs that have to communicate seamlessly with each other and sorting out the new hardware is proving a daunting task"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm, let me guess what those 8 ECUs could be

1.) EMS - Engine management System
2.) ABS & EBD Controller
3.) Body Control Module - more of a communication hub

What are the rest?
4. 2nd EMS to monitor fuel quality through the Lambda sond (for petrol engines) and electronic fuel filters to pilot main ECU for best performance, fuel efficiency.

5. Electric ancillaries control module, to ensure that air conditioning, fans, electric everythings, heated everythings, radio, DVD player with multi-screens, power outlets for GPS and handyphone, etc. ... don't overload the alternator (mind you, Tata claim the Safari's alternator to be 135 Amps; bench tests by enthusiasts in Italy suggest it is a 65 Amp, maybe 80 Amp alternator)

6. Satellite V with self-pointing amplified mini-dish and digital DVB recorder

7. Tea/Coffee kettle ECU with Microwave oven to bake scones for Afternoon Tea

8. Washing machine & Dishwasher ECU

Old 28th October 2009, 09:27   #681
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpescatori View Post

6. Satellite V with self-pointing amplified mini-dish and digital DVB recorder

7. Tea/Coffee kettle ECU with Microwave oven to bake scones for Afternoon Tea

8. Washing machine & Dishwasher ECU

Nice features, and if I may add.

1 for the Autoflush system in the rear. On a serious note rather than having a single ECU do all the stuff and hence be rather expensive from the maintenance / replacement point of view (though cheaper to make.) many companies have taken the multi ecu mode where they have a seperate ecu for everything from Climate control to the Entertainment system. I think if I am not mistaken I read somewhere that this is how LR does it's high tech stuff.
Old 28th October 2009, 15:20   #682
Senior - BHPian

I think they are stating all microporcessor/microcontroller controlled units as ECU. Right now also at least three microprocessor controlled units do exist in Safari
1. ECU or Engine Management Unit
2. Transfer case control unit
3. Lock Actuator control Unit
Old 28th October 2009, 15:49   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
controlled units do exist in Safari
1. ECU or Engine Management Unit
2. Transfer case control unit
3. Lock Actuator control Unit
add (4)ABS and (5)SRS to the list (on VX).
Old 30th October 2009, 11:57   #684
BHPian

Guys had a talk with the guy who had told me that Manza will be launched before Diwali and Xover after the Diwali. It seems they are still struggling to sort out some problems and the Xover will be launched most probably in Jan.
Old 30th October 2009, 12:16   #685
Senior - BHPian

Pics

Quote:
Business Standard reports Tata Motors will roll out the Xylo/Innova slayer Indicruz next year.Equipped with Tata’s CRDI engines, the Indicruz has been styled by the same group which was responsible for cars like the Indica Vista and Sumo Grande.
The Indicruz, comprehensively evaluated at the Tata Motors European Technical Centre in U.K, the group which has closely worked with the ERC engineers here in Pune to fine tune the car.
Rumors of possible Land Rover powertrain application on the Indicruz has not been turned down by Tata thus far. Such a variant would be more suited for the European markets.
Tata’s UV space has been shrinking in India. Statistics indicate times have not been good for its Utility vehicles. The Indicruz crossover could be the best option for Tata to end this disappointing streak.
Tata’s DICOR engine on the Indicruz will comply with Euro 4 norms. In the future, Tata plans to export the Indicruz possibly to markets like South Africa and Europe where the Indica and its derivatives are sold. The engines for the export market will be tuned to meet emission norms in those countries.
Source – Business Standard
The source info and of the pic is Indian Autos Blog

Enjoy....
Attached Thumbnails
Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-2009tataindicruzmpv5.jpg  

Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-2009tataindicruzmpv11.jpg  

Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-2009tataindicruzmpv1.jpg  

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 30th October 2009 at 12:33.
Old 30th October 2009, 14:43   #686
Senior - BHPian

^^
ooh the vehicle is in very crude form, the actual indicruz is way better, nice finish and nice lines all over. the headlights though resemble manza
Old 30th October 2009, 15:28   #687
BHPian

Hope the head light and front grill does not resembles Manza and vista style or else we will have family of three. Manza and vista looks good from the front no hesitation about it.
Indicruz (Father), Manza(Mother) & Vista(Child). Although the child came into existence first, then Mother & father
Old 30th October 2009, 16:20   #688
Senior - BHPian

man! what an ugly vehicle.....even in unfinished form it is a pointer of things to come- and Tata wants to charge 14 L for THIS????
Old 30th October 2009, 18:20   #689
Senior - BHPian

i think it looks quite nice, much better than the xylo. who knows, the final product may be better than even the innova, looks wise.

but i cant understand why tatas have such huge wheel wells & comparatively puny wheels?

Last edited by raj_5004 : 30th October 2009 at 18:25.
Old 30th October 2009, 18:24   #690
BHPian

Looks like a fusion of Innova and CRV
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks