Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 11:30   #601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpescatori View Post
Hey, you guys make me blush.

As for the "discreet mods" ......

5) raised suspension 5cm with teflon pads under rear coil springs, adjusted front torsion bar +4cm, adjusted suspension linkages accordingly.
(one item had to be replaced with longer, adjustable version)
Hi, thanks a ton for posting all the details. can you specify which item had to be replaced...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Hi friends,

Safari is now in a major problem beacuse sales have gone drastically down from present months some 600 nos to next month only 160 nos are to produced, majority of those in LX. Considering the prevaling festive season this is quite shocking. This is also concerning ... as the model change is expected in Jan -March10 quarter.
How is that a problem as long as TML continues to provide service support for the Safari. Even if TML would discontinue the existing model(which is very highly unlikely) you can expect to find spares & service for atleast 6 years ahead. So take a chill pill buddy.
As for me, I wouldnt care if TML sold 1 Safari a month as long as service is available. But expect TML to continue selling the new version side by side the existing Safari.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 29th September 2009 at 11:32.
Old 29th September 2009, 13:53   #602
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post

How is that a problem as long as TML continues to provide service support for the Safari. Even if TML would discontinue the existing model(which is very highly unlikely) you can expect to find spares & service for atleast 6 years ahead. So take a chill pill buddy.
As for me, I wouldnt care if TML sold 1 Safari a month as long as service is available. But expect TML to continue selling the new version side by side the existing Safari.
I think we understand from all reports that there are 2 premium MUV/SUV's that Tata is working on.

1) Innova / Xylo competitor - XOVER
2) Current Safari upgrade / facelift - without rear door mounted spare wheel. - Prior to a completely new one by 2012 based on how 1 & 2 do.

The current safari would be obviously replaced by 2 and won't continue selling. Parts would ofcourse continue to be available, but not the current vehicle itself.
Old 30th September 2009, 08:38   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpescatori View Post
3) deactivated EGR valve;
4) reprogrammed EMU to compensate for increased flow of intake/exhaust
=>this allowed the engine to improve performance from 108bhp to 138bhp on rolling road, mpg efficiency improved by 5-10% depending on conditions
hi
i would really appreciate if you could explain me how you deactivated EGR valve and reprogrammed EMU.
and we hooked up a boost gauge and it showed 13psi of boost (guess it is not installed properly) .
and we were thinking of playing with wastegate setting.
what do you suggest.
me and my brother both have 3.0L DICOR.
thanks
Old 30th September 2009, 09:47   #604
BANNED

Seeing the pics it looks all the more like a blown up Indica, same old wine in new bottle IMO.
Old 9th October 2009, 21:06   #605
BHPian

range rover like safari?

Saw this in motoroids.com.
Attached Thumbnails
Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-motoroids_2010_safari_8.jpg  

Old 9th October 2009, 21:27   #606
BHPian

seems very similar to the current one.
Attached Thumbnails
Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-motoroids_2010_safari_7.jpg  

Old 9th October 2009, 21:51   #607
Senior - BHPian

Ooohh the first few pics of the new Safari!

Indicators are same, brake lights are same. Even the fog lamps. Spare tire underneath. Guess the change is on the front grill and headlamps.

And maybe, the engine also. Hopefully they have done a good job in the interiors also.
Old 10th October 2009, 00:10   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Ooohh the first few pics of the new Safari!

Indicators are same, brake lights are same. Even the fog lamps. Spare tire underneath. Guess the change is on the front grill and headlamps.

And maybe, the engine also. Hopefully they have done a good job in the interiors also.
Oh man... if only they can do up the interiors and add a nice climate control.... This will be the vehicle to own. No need for any fancy audio controls on the steering etc... And most importantly get it out at the same price

Hopefully they have taken all the right inputs from the land rover.. btw how old are these pictures??

Last edited by an_and : 10th October 2009 at 00:11.
Old 10th October 2009, 00:23   #609
BHPian

Please TATA do no take that rear wheel off... SUV's look better with that spare wheel on the rear door.
Old 10th October 2009, 12:10   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullRock View Post
Please TATA do no take that rear wheel off... SUV's look better with that spare wheel on the rear door.
They mite have just removed it so as to disguise it. Just like all the black cladding.
Old 10th October 2009, 12:33   #611
Senior - BHPian

If you notice the hood/bonnet looks like similar to Range Rover's, if I did not see the bumper and the bumper lights I would have mistoke her to be an RR Does anyone else see this?

She started life when I bought her in 1998 as the poor mans Pajero - what we called her, seems to be going the poor mans Range Rover direction which is not a bad thing infact great

Last edited by canonball : 10th October 2009 at 12:37.
Old 10th October 2009, 12:37   #612
Senior - BHPian

This is the New Safari spied in that website for the very first time, but
  • going by the heavy disguise, is it an all new vehicle built on an all new chassis with all new exteriors, interiors and engine/transmission?
  • or is it a mule for the next gen?
  • or is it just a new body over the 1998 chassis (like what tata did to the sumo grande from the sumo-stuck an new body over an old modified chassis?)
Old 10th October 2009, 12:43   #613
Senior - BHPian

sid it is the last one see the white bonnet (edge where bonnet & fender meet - head lights and indicators have been removed inside the disguise) it is the same body which lead me to belive why the disguise??

even when I inquired with my inside guy who supports the test team this particular mule had a few cosmetic changes cannot confirm anything else

On 2nd glance that indicator next to headlight slot seems to be pulled back more than the old one which swoops more down words looks like a downside up opening swoop like the Mahindra's SUV

Last edited by canonball : 10th October 2009 at 12:47.
Old 10th October 2009, 12:45   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
This is the New Safari spied in that website for the very first time, but
  • going by the heavy disguise, is it an all new vehicle built on an all new chassis with all new exteriors, interiors and engine/transmission?
  • or is it a mule for the next gen?
  • or is it just a new body over the 1998 chassis (like what tata did to the sumo grande from the sumo-stuck an new body over an old modified chassis?)
Sidindica, I think your suspicions maybe true. The same narrow top, same stance, same tail lights, rear bumper, almost same front end (placement of lights, grill, fog lights)- all these point to the likely hood of old wine in slightly new bottle.
Old 10th October 2009, 17:23   #615
Senior - BHPian

This is clearly the old Safari with some facelifting.The profile,wheels,tail-lamps even the shape of the dash looks the same.

Dissapointing,since everybody's expecting something all-new.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks