Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 16:45   #136
Senior - BHPian

zaks,
VW has not even annouced the exact launch date. And there are no ex-showroom prices leaked. All is speculative right now.
Old 7th January 2010, 19:45   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Anyone got to know OTR prices of these polo models?
Well I heard one of the VW executive directors saying that the POLO will compete in the premium Hatch segment that is we can assume that the prices will be some where in 5 lacs + segment.

If the pricing is on the higher side then I don't foresee huge volumes as the swift
Old 7th January 2010, 23:20   #138
Senior - BHPian

VW Polo's clearance seems o.k like our Marutis 165 and 170 range. What about the Fuel Economy? Any body has some idea on this.
Old 8th January 2010, 09:57   #139
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I still dont seem to take this vehicle seriously, the looks are too old school to attract a buyer, I am guessing the VW would be seeing the fate of Fiat with thier Palio venture..
I recall such a good car, got boots just because contemporary guys thought it was a 800 look-a-like vehicle for a higher price.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:19   #140
Senior - BHPian

Well I for one think that the new Polo design is typically German, muscular, under stated and perfect proportions something that VW is know for. Surely no way are they going to price it anywhere close to what Swift sells for. Even if it was priced near or above the i20 it should do well considering how well the i20 is doing.

Last edited by SPARKled : 8th January 2010 at 12:21.
Old 8th January 2010, 18:51   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Well I for one think that the new Polo design is typically German, muscular, under stated and perfect proportions something that VW is know for. Surely no way are they going to price it anywhere close to what Swift sells for. Even if it was priced near or above the i20 it should do well considering how well the i20 is doing.
i20 sells partly because of the Hyundai brand in India. For an average Indian Hyundai is a trusted brand compared to VW (atleast in the hatch market). I don't think the car will do well if it is priced above i20. Even Jazz under Honda badge isn't doing great due to it's pricing. Fabia didn't do well either. Skoda service accentuated the effect but service was not the only factor for Fabia not selling in huge numbers (there are too many people still out there who don't know about service issues with Skoda but not go for Fabia)

Besides, the understated German looks are great for us car lovers. We will have to wait to see how the public responds.

Last edited by pacman2881 : 8th January 2010 at 18:53.
Old 8th January 2010, 19:08   #142
BHPian

i20 is a perfect hatch in India. Diesel, fully loaded and value for money. There are handful of manufacturers I see challenging or even eclipsing i20 - TATA, GM or Suzuki.
Old 8th January 2010, 19:21   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
zaks,
VW has not even annouced the exact launch date. And there are no ex-showroom prices leaked. All is speculative right now.
Hi Dipen,

Below are the estimated costs.

Source: Motoroids

Launch: March 2010

Expected Price:

1.2 Petrol - 6.15 lakh Onwards
1.2 Diesel - 6.65 lakh Onwards
Old 8th January 2010, 19:25   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Somehow I still dont seem to take this vehicle seriously, the looks are too old school to attract a buyer, I am guessing the VW would be seeing the fate of Fiat with thier Palio venture..
I recall such a good car, got boots just because contemporary guys thought it was a 800 look-a-like vehicle for a higher price.
If Polo is not a looker, the what about Swift, Dzire, Ritz?

Polo looks elegant with proportionate design.There will be good number of people who will like it.
Old 8th January 2010, 19:40   #145
BHPian

I really don't understand the logic of bringing a hatch in B+ segment with an underpowered engine and call it a Premium Hatch! The only thing Premium in most of these cars is the Price!

Most of these cars are built to perform with more powerful engines. But in India, most manufactures bring smaller sized engines, enjoy tax exemption and milk poor customers who think more cost = better vehicle.
Old 8th January 2010, 21:07   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaidy View Post
Expected Price:

At those prices I seriously doubt the Polo's success. The asking price is too much for the features it offers.
Old 8th January 2010, 23:02   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Dipen,

Expected Price:

If true, Polo is DOA - dead on arrival.
Old 8th January 2010, 23:15   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Dipen,

Expected Price:

Well, at this price, its almost 2Lacs above Swift and 1.3L above i20!

Polo looks, IMO, are quite graceful. It seems like a good executive grade premium hatch and VW is trying to price it accordingly. Nothing appalling in the looks and interior department, a step forward from the old Zen I would say.

But it was obvious that VW was going to charge a premium for its brand and I am sure it will find quite a few takers even if this price range is accurate. If priced 50k or so less, it will be a hit.
Old 9th January 2010, 11:57   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
If Polo is not a looker, the what about Swift, Dzire, Ritz?

Polo looks elegant with proportionate design.There will be good number of people who will like it.
Yes Polo has a elegant design, but it resembles the outgoing Hyundai getz
which is a 5 year old design.

Dzire and Ritz are really an eyesore but Swift is a very good looking car even after 5 years. It still hasn't aged.
Old 9th January 2010, 12:26   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Dipen,

Expected Price:

I barely trust thesein the air speculative pricing. These are not worth even a pinch of salt.
I assume onwards means ex-showroom (which is always Ex-Delhi)
6.15 ex-Delhi for the base model translates to 8.5-9 laks on road in Banglore, Mumbai for the top end models. At this price, Jazz would sound VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
At those prices I seriously doubt the Polo's success. The asking price is too much for the features it offers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
If true, Polo is DOA - dead on arrival.
Dead before arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
Well, at this price, its almost 2Lacs above Swift and 1.3L above i20!
Technically, the Polo cant be priced above i20. It cant hold a candle above it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM
Polo looks, IMO, are quite graceful. It seems like a good executive grade premium hatch and VW is trying to price it accordingly. Nothing appalling in the looks and interior department, a step forward from the old Zen I would say.

But it was obvious that VW was going to charge a premium for its brand and I am sure it will find quite a few takers even if this price range is accurate. If priced 50k or so less, it will be a hit.
No doubt that the Polo is elegant on the outside, I still feel the first Indian Palio is more proportionate and beatiful from the sides and rear.

Last edited by dipen : 9th January 2010 at 12:28.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks