Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 12:42   #511
Senior - BHPian

Where are our Photoshop Experts?

TBHP, Photoshop experts, please get rid of that grill, and lets see how the Aria looks. It would be interesting to see what changes can be made to the aria's nose/bumper...
Old 26th March 2010, 13:55   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I have confirmed news that Tata has an in house 170-180 BHP 3 liter engine in test. The rumour mill is that while the Aria gets the 140 BHP 2.2, the new safari(2011?) will have a 3 liter variant.
I would expect something like this, based on Bangalore OTR ...

Existing Safari - 2.2L - 140bhp - OTR < 15L
Aria - 2.2L - 140bhp - 14L < OTR < 16L
Grand Safari - 3.0L - 180bp - 16L < OTR < 18L

I would expect Grand Safari to include all the technical (like AWD, Traction Control, 17" Alloys, etc ...) & interior (Rover style Dash, wheels, more importantly 3rd ROW seating, etc ...) upgrades that Aria has shown off till date.

Prem.
Old 27th March 2010, 19:31   #513
BHPian

Spied – Tata Aria crossover spotted in a parking lot

The Tata Aria has a lot of bulges, cuts and curves

Tata Aria arrives at dealer showrooms in India in the next few weeks. Remember, the Aria is the world’s first crossover with all-wheel drive.

Powered by a 140PS 2.2-liter DICOR engine used on the Safari and Sumo Grande, the Aria will be the most expensive and technologically advanced Tata ever manufactured.

The top-end Aria will have all-wheel drive and compete against the likes of the Toyota Fortuner, Chevrolet Captiva and Ford Endeavour. When it goes to Europe next year, this Indica Vista-nosed stylish crossover will what make us all proud.

The Tata Aria has all the comfort and features like climate control, cruise control, a total of six airbags and ESP. Some of the equipment mentioned here never belong in a conversation describing an existing Tata car.

Tata was conducting trial runs of the Aria on the ECR (East Coast Road), Chennai last month. The vehicle has solid road presence and in our opinion looks far better than the Xylo, Endeavour and Innova.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-tata_aria_spied_test_mule_alloy_wheels_3.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-tata_aria_spied_test_mule_alloy_wheels125x125.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-tata_aria_spied_test_mule_alloy_wheels_2125x125.jpg  

Old 28th March 2010, 08:51   #514
BHPian

I saw Aria in flesh being tested on Pune Banglore highway. It has very very impressive road presence and attractive stance on road. Compared to Photos, in actual it is very very great looking MPV. I can assure you that when you see in flesh then you will nothing but praise for Tata.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:12   #515
Senior - BHPian

Spotted an Aria last night, it has a very good road presence & looks upmarket on the lines of Innova. I am sure if its priced well, it should sell well
Old 31st March 2010, 12:23   #516
BHPian

All the best to Tata on this. I hope they have taken care of all issues and niggles as this market segment will not be as forgiving as the Vista/Manza segment.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:23   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHC VTEC View Post
Remember, the Aria is the world’s first crossover with all-wheel drive.
Is it really so? I thought Ford had introduced them a few years back in US market. I know atleat Edge.

Also the front grille-headlamp cluster should have been designed better. Looks like a bigger version of Manza, which in turn, is out of Vista. This had been their trend line throughout.
Old 31st March 2010, 18:11   #518
BHPian

Suzuki has got something similar called XL7 in other markets ..
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-1.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-2.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-3.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-4.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-5.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-6.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-7.jpg  

Old 31st March 2010, 20:12   #519
BHPian

I see so many Aria's spotted. Does that mean the launch is expected soon.

XL7 looks shorter than Aria but look to have better leg room for second and third row seats.

Last edited by airbender : 31st March 2010 at 20:15.
Old 31st March 2010, 21:09   #520
BHPian

Again I see white Aria with black bumpers, cruising on Pune Banglore highway. This time I got very detailed front view and it looks really really upmarket. Looks very very amazing on road. Tata has done very great job.
Old 31st March 2010, 21:57   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
why cant tata's find a good designer, If it was me, I would hire some hot shot designer and have then pen them. I dont think designing is even .5% of the cost of the project. Just plain dumb on his part.
They own a design studio right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Again I see white Aria with black bumpers, cruising on Pune Banglore highway. This time I got very detailed front view and it looks really really upmarket. Looks very very amazing on road. Tata has done very great job.

Dont you guys carry a camera?

Aria might get a different ECU mapping even if its the same 140bhp unit from Safari, wont it?

Aria with black bumpers on a white body? An LX version, a no frill version? Please don't!

Last edited by jkdas : 31st March 2010 at 21:58.
Old 1st April 2010, 17:17   #522
Senior - BHPian

There are rumours that Tata does have a more powerful diesel Aria in the pipeline as well (mentioned in Autocar UK).
Old 2nd April 2010, 22:33   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
why cant tata's find a good designer, If it was me, I would hire some hot shot designer and have then pen them.
Because hot shot designers cost a bomb! Tata had to pay Rs. 80 crores to IDEA a decade back for styling the original Indica.

Quote:
I dont think designing is even .5% of the cost of the project.
The Indica project was a Rs. 1800 crore project. So, it's a lot more than .5%.

But the end result of hiring a hot shot designer is usually worth the expense and I agree with you there.
Old 2nd April 2010, 22:49   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
But the end result of hiring a hot shot designer is usually worth the expense and I agree with you there.
Sales of D-Zire and Punto contradicts your observation.

IMHO looks are subjective, and spending a bomb on design does not gurantee success. Case in porint :- Tata Motors Concept Group UK experiment.
Old 3rd April 2010, 00:34   #525
Senior - BHPian

Why is TATA Motors taking it's time bringing the ARIA to market?. It's been almost three months since launch.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks