Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 11:06   #136
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Bound to happen some day. I'm saddened.

The Ikon 1.3L ROCAM Petrol (some 70BHP) was a car that humbled some cars like the Accent. On-paper power figures didn't matter at all. The nice low end torque and the racy engine, wow!

However expensive spares+Poor FE (When it's driven the way it SHOULD be driven) = Poor Sales.

The Figo 1.2 L Petrol is sluggish in comparison to the above Ikon. Why?

Good to know that people like you dont judge power in numerical figures.

Well the spares of this ikon were very cheap unlike my ikon 1.6.

The figo 1.2 in comparison to this feels sluggish as

1) Weight of figo is more
2) Rocam = Old school tech but really it is awesome at lower revs, It almost feels supercharged in my ikon 1.6

eg: My ikon 1.6 will probably lose in a drag race with the fiesta 1.6 but can pull off longer wheelspins than the fiesta !

Also maybe in a 50m race it would beat the fiesta duratec.
Old 1st April 2010, 11:12   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Ikon Petrol 1.3 Rocam is phased out from today onwards. Discontinued!
Quite Surprising! Was expecting it to happen around Dec 2010.

I think even you had mentioned similar time-frame, and also suggested that the current Fiesta "may" become the entry-sedan.

Are the volumes so low that it has been discontinued? Or is it to promote the Figo?
Old 1st April 2010, 11:14   #138
BANNED

@ MuraliR - Ikon 1.3 petrol is discontinued as

1) It could not meet BS IV emission norms which begin today
2) 9/10 people going in for the ikon, buy the ikon TDCI

Also Ikon TDCI is still available
Old 1st April 2010, 11:17   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Mustang - So true mustang. Even with the Fiesta around I cannot let go the Ikon.

Read my report here,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ta-report.html

Ok let me stop here and probably start a dedication thread for the Ikon
Old 1st April 2010, 15:00   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Bound to happen some day. I'm saddened.

The Ikon 1.3L ROCAM Petrol (some 70BHP) was a car that humbled some cars like the Accent. On-paper power figures didn't matter at all. The nice low end torque and the racy engine, wow!
Saddened me too. But glad to see the fan following that the Ikon enjoys. The joy in driving an Ikon is to be experienced only. And for me, the well-proportioned body(some call it dated, but for me it is the ideal CLASSIC shape for a sedan) of the Ikon was another joy to behold.
Long live the Ikon.

- Manish
Old 2nd April 2010, 09:20   #141
BHPian

I spotted two of these(new euro spec fiestas) near Pallikarani flyover couple of days ago( electric blue and a meroon based one), one parked on the road side and another taking a U-turn. No cam to take pictures. they were really good, looked much better in real. (a day before that, spotted about 10-15 figos(un registered) in the same place, parked in the road sides)
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:07   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satheesh1909 View Post
I spotted two of these(new euro spec fiestas) near Pallikarani flyover couple of days ago( electric blue and a meroon based one), one parked on the road side and another taking a U-turn. No cam to take pictures. they were really good, looked much better in real. (a day before that, spotted about 10-15 figos(un registered) in the same place, parked in the road sides)
Dont know whats the connection between that Pallikaranai flyover and pre-launch cars. I saw 2 black Micra at the same spot 2 weeks back.
Old 9th April 2010, 19:45   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
Dont know whats the connection between that Pallikaranai flyover and pre-launch cars. I saw 2 black Micra at the same spot 2 weeks back.
Seems like its official unloading point for most car manufacturers in recent times.

I am seeing as many as 4-5 micras every fortnight in same road and about a dozen new fiestas every week. Twice i saw the big container trucks unloading vehicles (fiestas) in that road.
Old 9th April 2010, 19:48   #144
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Seems like its official unloading point for most car manufacturers in recent times.

I am seeing as many as 4-5 micras every fortnight in same road and about a dozen new fiestas every week. Twice i saw the big container trucks unloading vehicles (fiestas) in that road.
You mean the new generation fiestas or the current gen fiestas?
Old 9th April 2010, 20:18   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post

The MPL Ford yard is located in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
You mean the new generation fiestas or the current gen fiestas?
It must be the current gen ones meant for delivery.

Last edited by Gilead : 9th April 2010 at 20:20.
Old 9th April 2010, 21:18   #146
BHPian

Just went thru all the pics of the new Fiesta. It looks like the i20 from a side view angle. The hatch I guess is the better option for Indian roads than the sedan. So much for the last remaining true performance sedan's sad demise!
Old 10th April 2010, 09:55   #147
BANNED

very heartbroken to read that 1.3 ROCAM is discontinued.

We bought the 1.3 rocam (as family car) when i was in 10th Std n i had a love in first sight affair with it... and now when i'm in my 3rd Year of Law, the love is still going strong.

The car is around 6.5 years old, done 84k kms, has survived the chilling winters of srinagar (was dad's companion during an avalanche [a rock fell on d headlamp]) and the hottest summers of punjab, delhi & rajasthan. The 1.3 engine is still strong and the car is completely (i truly mean completely) rattle free. The Pick-up of this engine is awesome as per the segment and a school friend who is totally against ford also was amazed by the great engine response. The 1.3 Was entirely stock till last week and then i bought silver alloys for a factory stock look and a new pioneer HU.

Now, we're on the verge of upgrading the family car (a honda civic), dad after seeing the tremendous response this ford has given and helped us throughout the 6.5 year period, has decided not to sell it and the day the i-vtec comes home, this ROCAM beast will be mine!

Thanx FORD for making my everyday exciting!

Last edited by thorpe : 10th April 2010 at 09:56.
Old 10th April 2010, 09:57   #148
BANNED

@thorpe : The 1.3L rocam was not there in the market 6.5 years ago. Yours must be either a 1.6L rocam or a 1.3L push-rod engine.
Old 10th April 2010, 10:12   #149
BANNED

@ Mustang

My iKon is Flair and its obvious that flair has a 1.3L engine.
Also, sorry but my car is exactly 6 years and 3 months old... 6.25 to be precise

Last edited by thorpe : 10th April 2010 at 10:15.
Old 10th April 2010, 10:30   #150
BANNED

@ Thorpe : My mistake, i thought it was not available then but i checked my records & yes it was available , I guess it was just launched then, right? Anyways now, Drive safe & have loads of fun with your car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks