Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2011, 05:31   #691
BHPian

re: Tata Nano Fire Incidents. EDIT: Tata's analysis on page 34

TATA May have not recalled Nano like Honda did to city. they may just don't care. As per owner he bought car in May 2010 and rear portion of the car, where the engine is located caught fire. Record breaking, never ending fire incident i never heard this kind before. Source: Tata Nano catches fire - The Economic Times
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:11   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Well after a long break, another Nano has caught fire today in Ahmedabad. However the reason for the fire is unknown.

Another Nano catches fire | Deccan Chronicle | 2011-03-02
Yeah I also read that. Its really pity for the car whose sale number have risen after much efforts of the company. More pityful is the condition of the owners who always feel vulnerable while sitting in their car. The fate is against Nano right from day one. I feel really bad for car as well as their owners.
Old 4th March 2011, 13:41   #693
BHPian

This is kinda sad. Tata has paved the way for a lot of dreams to come true by making the Nano. I think they fully understand the responsibility on their shoulders coz now there's no turning back. They have to make it work coz internationally also Nano is a rage. Am sure they will.
Old 4th March 2011, 15:15   #694
BHPian

Some one from Tata service called my wife to get the car for service as they want to make a fix for over heating problem.
Its a general thing they are doing for all Nano's it seems.

Am taking the car to service tomorrow and see what it is they are doing.
Old 4th March 2011, 19:36   #695
Senior - BHPian

do make sure to get this sticker also.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano Fire Incidents. EDIT: Tata's analysis on page 34-photo2371.jpg  

Old 4th March 2011, 19:52   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
do make sure to get this sticker also.
Very funny Like every car comes with First aid kit, tool kit, extra tier.. for Nano TATA have to provide Fire safety kit. By that some may save their life or some part of car may not get damaged by fire.

Last edited by deadman : 4th March 2011 at 19:55.
Old 7th March 2011, 20:07   #697
Senior - BHPian

Official statement from Tata Motors is out regarding recent nano fire in A'Bad

Ahmedabad Nano on fire due to aftermarket accessories? | Rush Lane

The owner admitted there were certain electrical accessories from outside. Guess this saves some blushes for nano
Old 7th March 2011, 20:28   #698
Senior - BHPian

Hope they are not counting HU + Speakers as "Electrical accessories"
Old 6th June 2011, 17:03   #699
Senior - BHPian

Another new Nano has caught fire again, that too in Gujarat ( again). Here is the link:

Fire On The Tata Nano, Yet Again

It seems that Nano on fire & Gujarat have something common.
Old 6th June 2011, 19:40   #700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Another new Nano has caught fire again, that too in Gujarat ( again). Here is the link:

Fire On The Tata Nano, Yet Again

It seems that Nano on fire & Gujarat have something common.
^^ There is no date mentioned in the news article and the picture used is the old one i have seen end number of times. Are you sure this is a fresh incident?

Last edited by .anshuman : 6th June 2011 at 19:41.
Old 6th June 2011, 19:57   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^^ There is no date mentioned in the news article and the picture used is the old one i have seen end number of times. Are you sure this is a fresh incident?
Looks like this is a fresh incident.
Found another news article here:
Tata Nano catches fire in Vadodara - India - DNA

A new Tata Nano car today caught fire in Subanpura locality of Vadodara district, fire officials said.
"The engine of a Nano car caught fire near the Samta police outpost in Subanpura locality gutting down the front seat," they said, adding the vehicle belonged to one Mayank Doshi.
Last year in April a brand new Nano car which was on its way to be delivered in Vadodara city, got engulfed in a fire on National Highway-8 near Boriyavi village of Anand district.
Following the incidents of fire in Nano cars, Tata Motors had conducted tests between September and October 2010.
Old 13th June 2011, 21:17   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I am to take the delivery of a Nano in the coming week. This is surely got me worried a hell lot. Moreover, I opted not to take the extended warrarty as I saw no point with it since the original warranty cover for 18 months. Should I reconsider the extended warranty?

Are such untimely incidents come under the warranty or comes under Insurance?
It was a wise decision to opt for Nano. My nano LX has run more than 20,000 kms in last one year and performs very well. Nothing to worry. Go ahead and enjoy your nano.

After using the nano, now I am not able to drive or sit in an alto since it is so cramped.
Old 4th July 2011, 10:46   #703
BHPian

Today ToI carries the following incident of another Nano fire.
Quote:
A Noida-based businessman and his wife had a miraculous escape after their new Tata Nano car caught fire in sector 41 area on Sunday afternoon. The incident took place when the car owner, Aseem Mehrotra, had parked the car outside his residence. The car was purchased on June 22. The car was later taken to the workshop.

Shikha, Aseem's wife, told that she had returned to her house in J-Block in sector 41 after dropping her son at school for extra-curricular activities around 9 am on Sunday morning. "We recently shifted to Noida. When we returned after dropping my son, Aseem parked the car in a vacant place away from our house as a truck loaded with our household stuff was stationed in front. After 10 minutes, my husband was called out by the labourers unloading out stuff saying that our car had caught fire. We rushed outside and found flames coming out from the rear of the car," said Shikha.

The fire department and the cops were called. The company was then called and they towed away the car to the workshop. When contacted, a Tata Motors spokesperson said, "We will look into the matter to understand what has happened. Nothing can be said as of now."
Source:Close shave after Nano catches fire - The Times of India

Oh, how much I would love to see the Tatas sorting out their quality issues and the brilliantly conceived, cute, and yet practical, Nano selling 50,000+ units a month!
Old 4th July 2011, 12:19   #704
Senior - BHPian

Well, we received a call from Pandit Auto (our dealer in Pune) to bring the Nano for some wiring this Saturday (July 2nd)
I could not go due to some other commitments, but apparently the wiring will help with 'mileage'. I will try to contact the SA to find out the exact objective, but it looks like this was an exercise applied to a number of Nanos. It could be termed as a 'recall' and probably is some fix to take care of the overheating too.
Old 7th September 2011, 12:32   #705
BHPian

Tata Nano burning incidents go international

Via RushLane - We got a report this morning about a Tata Nano burning in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Mr. Kelum Jayasumana, Director of Budget Taxi said that they are yet to get to the cause of fire. According to initial reports the driver who started the car complained that the car suddenly came to a standstill and burst into flames when he tried to restart it. Tata Motors officials from India were due to arrive in the country on Friday for further investigations.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks