Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2011, 12:04   #466
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

What is Ford planning to do to stop the Logo theft spreading like wildfire across India? Believe me a car without a Logo looks like its stolen from Chor Bazaar.
My fiesta did not have the logo for sometime. I thought it fell off. But these days I see many fiestas without logo. Have not noticed this with other brands. Is logo theft happening all around. What do someone do with just a logo?
Old 16th March 2011, 12:24   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
My fiesta did not have the logo for sometime. I thought it fell off. But these days I see many fiestas without logo. Have not noticed this with other brands. Is logo theft happening all around. What do someone do with just a logo?
To my knowledge Mumbai/Pune and perhaps other cities in Maharashtra are most prone to badge thefts because of "badge-gangs" that are operating there. What do they do with the badge? Sell it back to you ofcourse. Say a Toyota logo costs Rs 1000/- in the showroom and the same thing comes for Rs 300/- at a roadside auto garage. Where would you replace your stolen one, given it is just a logo? The garage ofcourse. And where does the garage get it from? The gang ofcourse, for Rs 200/- perhaps. Sexy profit for the garage, good money for the "gangsters" and mild irritation for the car-owner.

I say what a way to increase the country's GDP by just rotating the same item between different hands, over and over again!

Thankfully Bangalore doesn't have this nuisance (yet).

Mods: I believe there is another thread dedicated to this matter and this post may need to be shifted there.

Last edited by skjlives : 16th March 2011 at 12:33. Reason: Request for shifting thread
Old 20th March 2011, 17:16   #468
R17
BHPian

Not a single post for almost a week - this could only mean Mustang's been busy

On another note, does anyone know the torsional rigidity of the Fiesta, in terms of Nm/degree ? I know its structure is composed of 55% High strength steel and has a substantial amount of boron, but havent been able to get the numbers for its rigidity yet.

Last edited by R17 : 20th March 2011 at 17:21. Reason: grammatical error
Old 21st March 2011, 14:13   #469

The March Edition of Autocar India features the new Ford Fiesta. The verdict is certainly exciting. Looks to be pitched against the Vento, Honda City. The new Verna (i25) will also definitely give it stiff competition.
This Fiesta will I believe change the perception of the Ford in the Indian Market from being sober older styled cars to a more sporty fresh new age design.
Exciting times ahead
Old 22nd March 2011, 14:03   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.sundaram View Post
The March Edition of Autocar India features the new Ford Fiesta. The verdict is certainly exciting. Looks to be pitched against the Vento, Honda City. The new Verna (i25) will also definitely give it stiff competition.
This Fiesta will I believe change the perception of the Ford in the Indian Market from being sober older styled cars to a more sporty fresh new age design.
Exciting times ahead
Here is the link for the same:

New Fiesta test drive and review Review

... it appears that they have just copied from elsewhere... & no photos. I would like to to go through the detailed review rather than this one.
Old 22nd March 2011, 14:13   #471
Senior - BHPian

Mr Mustang has been out of action since last 7 days. I wonder whats cooking out there?

Hope the launch is preponed to April.
Old 22nd March 2011, 17:51   #472
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Here is the link for the same:

New Fiesta test drive and review Review

... it appears that they have just copied from elsewhere... & no photos. I would like to to go through the detailed review rather than this one.
They do have the photos but its on another link, They have not copied the review from elsewhere as most of the big car magazine guys were invited by Ford to check out the new Fiesta in Thailand and I know fr a fact that Autocar and Zigwheels did go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Mr Mustang has been out of action since last 7 days. I wonder whats cooking out there?

Hope the launch is preponed to April.
I am not out of action, Just laying low as i do not have any further information right now
Old 23rd March 2011, 00:07   #473
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I had been to MPL Ford today to get my Fusion serviced. The SA told me that the training on the New Fiesta will start in April. Car will be launched in May. Mustang... I hope this is true!!!

O.T: My Fusion's blue oval was stolen in Jan this year and got a new one today for 400 bucks from the Ford service centre. I should say that the car looked pathetic without its logo.
Old 23rd March 2011, 07:25   #474
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I had been to MPL Ford today to get my Fusion serviced. The SA told me that the training on the New Fiesta will start in April. Car will be launched in May. Mustang... I hope this is true!!!

O.T: My Fusion's blue oval was stolen in Jan this year and got a new one today for 400 bucks from the Ford service centre. I should say that the car looked pathetic without its logo.
Yes, It is more or less true and bookings will start by may end or june.

All cars look pathetic w/o the logo, especially the fusion if it's big blue oval is missing.
Old 23rd March 2011, 10:27   #475
BHPian

Any idea what will be the ground clearance of the new Fiesta?

As I live in the 'Millenium' City of Gurgaon, this is a real important consideration for me!

Old 23rd March 2011, 11:04   #476
BHPian

New Fiesta seems to be awesome in terms of the design and the engine choices. Only soar point for me is the dashboard. It is way too radical and inconsistent with the usual neat design of Ford. I dont know why it has to be based on a "mobile phone" look, that too of some radical Nokia designs that existed several years back. Today phones are very different. There has to be some provision for big touch screen display OEM or after market. There dont seem to be any from the pictures. And if the specs are going to lack MP3 or AUX, USB, iPod integration it is going to be bit out dated from the entertainment point of view. At least leave the consumers with some "space" to fit the devices of their own.

All the magazines will go gaga over the new fiesta and settle for Honda City as the best after comparison tests. That is expected. They will say Honda City is the better overall car and reliable etc etc.

Last edited by LandCruiser : 23rd March 2011 at 11:09.
Old 23rd March 2011, 13:14   #477
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
And if the specs are going to lack MP3 or AUX, USB, iPod integration it is going to be bit out dated from the entertainment point of view. At least leave the consumers with some "space" to fit the devices of their own.

All the magazines will go gaga over the new fiesta and settle for Honda City as the best after comparison tests. That is expected. They will say Honda City is the better overall car and reliable etc etc.

The new fiesta has the USB and Aux offered right next to the handbrake.
Old 23rd March 2011, 13:24   #478
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

6 speed DCT in conjunction with

a) 1.6 TI-VCT or b) 1.6 TDCi ?
Old 23rd March 2011, 13:26   #479
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
6 speed DCT in conjunction with

a) 1.6 TI-VCT or b) 1.6 TDCi ?
Till the time i was involved, It was with the 1.6 Ti-VCT.
Old 23rd March 2011, 13:34   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Till the time i was involved, It was with the 1.6 Ti-VCT.
I'll be rally keen to buy a diesel Auto. Even if it is a lil costlier.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks