Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2011, 21:42   #511
Team-BHP Support

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

Quite some remarkable changes; the front appers less wide than the previous one. On the whole, I feel the car feels more crisp.

Why are the new versions of most cars having a "tall-boy" design?! The new Verna has quite a similar (although slightly less) too.

And they seem to stretch the Figo's headlight design on to the Fiesta as well!

But definitely a looker.
Old 29th March 2011, 21:47   #512
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Quite some remarkable changes; the front appers less wide than the previous one. On the whole, I feel the car feels more crisp.

Why are the new versions of most cars having a "tall-boy" design?!
The new Fiesta is only about 1cm taller than the current Fiesta but the new Fiesta is also 4cm wider than the current Fiesta.
Old 30th March 2011, 07:20   #513
BANNED

How come no one here discussed about the tyre size? It was disclosed a long time ago.

The tires on the new fiesta are 195/60 R15.
Old 30th March 2011, 07:38   #514
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
How come no one here discussed about the tyre size? It was disclosed a long time ago.

The tires on the new fiesta are 195/60 R15.
R15! I was actually expecting 16" on the top spec

I remember you mentioned about this earlier, but couldn't locate while glancing through the pages - Six airbags are standard on the top end, or only the 2 front ones are provided?
Old 30th March 2011, 07:55   #515
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
R15! I was actually expecting 16" on the top spec

I remember you mentioned about this earlier, but couldn't locate while glancing through the pages - Six airbags are standard on the top end, or only the 2 front ones are provided?
This is the standard tire size for the base and mid model, I do not have any info about the top spec car.

6 Airbags should be standard on the top end model but again that is not confirmed, However all 3 models should get at least 2 airbags.
Old 30th March 2011, 09:22   #516
BHPian

^^ That means air bag will be standard on all models?
Old 30th March 2011, 12:50   #517
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
^^ That means air bag will be standard on all models?
Yes i can make a calculative guess and tell you that at least 2 airbags will be there on all variants.
Old 30th March 2011, 13:09   #518
BHPian

Does new Fiesta comes with ISOFIX, Topther for Child seats? Will back seat be 60:40 split or is it like current fiesta complete fold?
Old 30th March 2011, 14:19   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Yes i can make a calculative guess and tell you that at least 2 airbags will be there on all variants.
Then the new fiesta will be the best VFM sedan in Indian market if they price the base version at 7L.
Old 30th March 2011, 23:59   #520
BHPian

Mustang.101, can we safely assume that ABS will be part of the standard equipment too?! If Airbags would be offered as standard? In that case, the new Fiesta would certainly be one of the best VFM sedans around
Old 31st March 2011, 02:44   #521
BHPian

You see a bit of it in the Linea and very little in the Vento but the hatch origins really comes through in the new Fiesta pics on zigwheels.

Ford does not seem to have managed to translate the hatch to the sedan smoothly, the angles from the back to front are huge, the car seems to be imbalanced to the back.
Old 31st March 2011, 07:32   #522
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Mustang.101, can we safely assume that ABS will be part of the standard equipment too?! If Airbags would be offered as standard? In that case, the new Fiesta would certainly be one of the best VFM sedans around
Yes, ABS should(would) be standard across the range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Ford does not seem to have managed to translate the hatch to the sedan smoothly, the angles from the back to front are huge, the car seems to be imbalanced to the back.
I don't know what everyone is talking about, Each and every auto magazine has said that the boot has been seamlessly integrated and the new fiesta will be the best looking car from ford in India. Check my past posts and you will find some quoted text from a 3rd party source. Also the new fiesta looks much much better than the current one and I own a current fiesta and I am telling you this. Do not look at the South east asian fiesta pics where 14" rims are used, India is getting the 15" rims and you have to see the car in real to actually judge it.
Old 31st March 2011, 08:23   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, ABS should(would) be standard across the range.

I don't know what everyone is talking about, Each and every auto magazine has said that the boot has been seamlessly integrated and the new fiesta will be the best looking car from ford in India. Check my past posts and you will find some quoted text from a 3rd party source. Also the new fiesta looks much much better than the current one and I own a current fiesta and I am telling you this. Do not look at the South east asian fiesta pics where 14" rims are used, India is getting the 15" rims and you have to see the car in real to actually judge it.
Mustang.. That's because pictures doesn't do any justice. I have seen both hatch and sedan(seen testing in Chennai- Tambaram - Velachery Road) i would say the Sedan looks much better in flesh than the hatch.
Old 31st March 2011, 11:58   #524
BHPian

The new fiesta is not actually a new fiesta, it is just that it will be new for India, it has been around for a while in other countries and it is actually pretty good looking car, the boot is very well integrated and by no means it gives a feeling that it has been integrated as an afterthought ala Dezire.
Old 31st March 2011, 13:22   #525
Senior - BHPian

Hope to see all the necessary equipment with no stinginess this time if it has to compete with the verna. The real battle will be between fiesta and verna this time round. Seems like three petrol and three diesel variants will be in store.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks