Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2011, 21:29   #346
BHPian

re: Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38

Georgeous! If this thing is rightly prized, the era of hatchbacks will be over, as they say. Add 215/75 tyres, and you have a macho SUV
Old 30th July 2011, 21:41   #347
BHPian

I saw the mini xylo a couple of months back on the mumbai-pune expressway, I dont know what engine they are using because it was really quick. I was in my scorpio at that time and could not catch up to it, went up to 140 but still the mini-xylo managed to escape.
Jetblast101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 21:44   #348
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Spotted the shortened Xylo today. My thoughts on it are:

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-shortened-xylo-01.jpg

Love it:
  • Compact Size, should do well in the city.
  • Ground Clearance
  • Nice 5 Seater - couldn't spot the jump seats)
  • Responsive engine, the driver pulled away when he saw me clicking snaps
  • Appears to be powered by the 1.5L Renault Diesel Engine (guesstimation)
Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-shortened-xylo-02.jpg
  • Poor NVH (could forgive it for be
  • ing a test mule)
  • Unappealing dash layout. Clad in a weird shade of beige/brown, it was a total put off for me
  • Felt cramped, but it should be on par with the other hatch-based competition
Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-shortened-xylo-03.jpg

Now, M&M, can we have a similar number done on the Scorp! Would make the perfect desi version of the Pajero Mini .

p.s. apologies for being unable to click any interior snaps, didn't get much time
St. Anger is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 22:33   #349
BHPian

This looks good but the interiors especially the dashboard really seems to be like some Chinese cars. Need an improvement there.
Old 31st July 2011, 00:15   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
This looks good but the interiors especially the dashboard really seems to be like some Chinese cars. Need an improvement there.
Might be because of the pre-prod variant ! Lets wait for the final product. If you had seen the interiors of W201 in the initial spy shots, you would not have believed it to be a luxury offer from M&M.
Old 31st July 2011, 01:52   #351
BHPian

The car looks & seems to be good in Reality with Good presence, Space, Interiors.
But I'm strictly against 3-cyl diesels & probably that'll come out to be a big Turn-off for me.
Old 31st July 2011, 02:07   #352
BHPian

Friends if you observe carefully both set of snaps, then it shows two different versions of front grills. I am attaching a comparative picture showing the grills. One seems to be from existing xylo and other from the newly launched Ingeneo.
Is Mahindra experimenting on two sets of grills or are these two different vehicles?

By the way, the location of the snaps in St. Anger's snaps is next to my bus stop and I am really feeling bad to miss this opportunity of getting a close look at mini xylo.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-two-xylo-minis.jpg  

Last edited by Amartya : 31st July 2011 at 10:14. Reason: Removed the extra smiley, kindly avoid using excessive smilies. Thanks.
Old 31st July 2011, 03:24   #353
Senior - BHPian

I think St. Anger's caught xylo is bit old, unfinished one, as there is no wheel cover on the spare wheel. The indian auto blog's one seems more closer to finishing. My guess is it will mostly sport the newer, non bunny tooth grill.

I couldn't understand the cribbing about the interiors. Isn't it the same one as xylo? This baby is turning out good so far!

@naren_L: Seems this one is proving elusive to you, as even in one prior post you have mentioned you are not able to click a photo even after spotting it quite many times!

EDIT: Can some tire enthusiast read the tire description in this photo:

My untrained eyes can spot Bridgestone AJ 90/RJ 90 / AJ 80 or RJ 80. One of these four, but none of these yields any results on google. This will give a clear idea of the tires the mini xylo is sporting.

Last edited by ani_meher : 31st July 2011 at 03:32.
Old 31st July 2011, 06:58   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Anger View Post
Love it:
  • Compact Size, should do well in the city.-that's one thing i like,compact size plus robust underpinnings
  • Ground Clearance
  • Nice 5 Seater - couldn't spot the jump seats)
  • Responsive engine, the driver pulled away when he saw me clicking snaps-Good thing considering it maybe a 4 pot.
Attachment 585660
  • Poor NVH (could forgive it for be
  • ing a test mule)-maybe the 3 pot engine, but if it's the Renault engine then wonder why?
  • Unappealing dash layout. Clad in a weird shade of beige/brown, it was a total put off for me-Pray that it's only pre-production version only,but isn't it the same dash as the Xylo?
  • Felt cramped, but it should be on par with the other hatch-based competition-No,No, i thought since it was just a Xylo with the the rear cut off, the front two rows would be as spacious as the ordinary Xylo,maybe the most spacious in the hatch segment.This IS a turn off.
Have given my comments in block letters, hope the interior is changed when they launched it and also can't think of them giving it the Xylo frowning grille.

Last edited by DicKy : 31st July 2011 at 06:59.
Old 1st August 2011, 09:00   #355
Senior - BHPian

SUVs way forward for automakers
According to this news report there will be another mini SUV from M&M will be arriving in 2013....I am sure TM, and MS will not be far behind. The biggies Ford, Hyundai also can bring smaller suvs from their global portfolio. Looks like a flood of mini suv in the coming years...
Quote:
An all-new shorter SUV from M&M is also on the anvil, scheduled to be launched in 2013. This model would share the mini Xylo’s engine or an engine with an even smaller capacity that is being produced by Mahindra.
Expected to be priced in the region of Rs 3.5-4.5 lakh, this mini SUV, which will be under four metres in length, may become the cheapest SUV in India rivalled only by the five-seater Premier Rio.
Old 1st August 2011, 10:28   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Anger View Post
Hi Guys,

Spotted the shortened Xylo today. My thoughts on it are:

Attachment 585659

Love it:
  • Responsive engine, the driver pulled away when he saw me clicking snaps
Nice catch there. In a lot of the previous spy pics, the front wheels looked bigger than the rear wheels - Thankfully both look the same size on the recent spottings.

The engine is not a Renault engine. It is a 3 cylinder version of the m-Hawk.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 11:17   #357
BHPian

Is there any expected timeframe for its launch ? Late 2011 to compete with the Maruti R3 might be a good time. I am in the market for a large hatch/mini SUV and am eagerly tracking the threads on the Mini Xylo, Maruti R3 and Honda Jazz new version(hoping they give the 1.5 Ltr engine option). Basically am looking for a vehicle that can carry 3 people and a couple of bicycles inside it comfortably, but still be easy to drive/park in the city. The Xylo, Innova are too large for me. Any idea if the rear seats on the Mini Xylo come with a Split option ?
Old 1st August 2011, 11:24   #358
Senior - BHPian

Motoroids have uploaded pics of the interiors in their article, which is as under:

Breaking : Mini Xlyo Spied Inside Out

There are jump seats at the rear, but no steering mounted controls & roof mounted AC, despite same interiors as that if the Xylo.

The engine is rated 70 bhp & 160 Nm torque.

PS: Just saw RavanAvi's post with more pictures. Apologies for repeat of the same data.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 1st August 2011 at 11:40.
Old 1st August 2011, 11:24   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
According to this news report there will be another mini SUV from M&M will be arriving in 2013....I am sure TM, and MS will not be far behind. The biggies Ford, Hyundai also can bring smaller suvs from their global portfolio. Looks like a flood of mini suv in the coming years...
Most probably it will be the pocket SUVs from Mahindra which will have FWD and 4X4 versions, spare on tailgate and smaller than mini-Xylo. If am right, one version is reported to have 140BHP from 3pot engine!!!
There's another thread discussing the same.
Wonder what's cooking at Tata and Maruti.???
Old 1st August 2011, 11:40   #360
BHPian

The Spy pics dont show any rear split seat options, but the article mentions Captain seats might be available.
Any idea if the captain seat can be folded flat to create space to carry a bicycle or two ? I am looking at a vehicle that can carry 3 people and couple of bikes, but is small enbough to drive/park in the city.
Currently Mini Xylo, Maruti R3 and Honda Jazz(hopefully with the 1.5 L city engine after the Brio takes the 1.2 L current engine) are the options I am looking at.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks