Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 18:55   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I guess you did not read the thread fully/properly. Please read the last couple of pages to get the real jist of what is happening. If you already have, all we can do is wish you good luck.
I did go through the entire thread yesterday. Just being positive that all goes fine for everyone. By the way can anybody tell me is the production of Palio (petrol & diesel) going to be stopped and its the end of Palio.
Old 17th August 2010, 18:59   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
I did go through the entire thread yesterday. Just being positive that all goes fine for everyone. By the way can anybody tell me is the production of Palio (petrol & diesel) going to be stopped and its the end of Palio.
Production of Palio (both Diesel and Petrol) has ceased long ago. Its already the end of Palio. Fiat India announced this offer to manufacture select number of Palios for select customers. This seems to be in troubled waters as of now. We are still hoping for the good news of Palio. We have not received any official communication as such, but got the information that chances of producing Palios are faint from some reliable sources.
Old 17th August 2010, 19:23   #228
Senior - BHPian

As i was not getting an answer from anywhere, i finally got my dad involved in the whole process
He has confirmed from a very reliable source working in the top management of Fiat India that the cars going to be delivered from the first week of September And all the non delivery thing is just a rumor
Old 17th August 2010, 19:47   #229
BHPian

FIAT would not repeat the same mistake as it did with UNO TREND.... a lot of inventory had piled up in their factory & they offered almost a lakh discount.... there was a huge rush for this offer & it was overbooked than what inventory they had.... so, what did they do... they just canceled the excess bookings... i guess this will not be repeated as this initiative is from TATA & FIAT just takes the order & produces the goods & SELL's it to TATA...who inturn sell it to retail customers....
Old 17th August 2010, 20:05   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
As i was not getting an answer from anywhere, i finally got my dad involved in the whole process
He has confirmed from a very reliable source working in the top management of Fiat India that the cars going to be delivered from the first week of September And all the non delivery thing is just a rumor
I am having confused and mixed feeling hearing this news. I haven't not lost hope as yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
FIAT would not repeat the same mistake as it did with UNO TREND.... a lot of inventory had piled up in their factory & they offered almost a lakh discount.... there was a huge rush for this offer & it was overbooked than what inventory they had.... so, what did they do... they just canceled the excess bookings... i guess this will not be repeated as this initiative is from TATA & FIAT just takes the order & produces the goods & SELL's it to TATA...who inturn sell it to retail customers....
I too hope for the same. It would be more than happy if they produce excess number of Palios and a few more people would be able to avail this car.
Old 17th August 2010, 21:26   #231
BHPian

Me too happy to hear the info

Hoping FIAT will deliver
Old 17th August 2010, 21:42   #232
BANNED

What ? Palio not being delivered?

4-5 palios have been booked by my friends and their friends ,they will go wild if it does not get delivered.

And IN CASE it happens all of us need to ask for the refund along with the interest for the money
Old 17th August 2010, 21:56   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
Quote:
I am having confused and mixed feeling hearing this news. I haven't not lost hope as yet.

I too hope for the same. It would be more than happy if they produce excess number of Palios and a few more people would be able to avail this car.
Now, I do not know what to believe, but hoping for the best.

My hopes are high again, and I pray to God that we do not need to go through the feeling of disappointment, all over again. I am so keen on this that I can not take a pesimistic stand on this, even if that seems to be the wiser thing to do.
Old 17th August 2010, 22:29   #234
Senior - BHPian

I guess we have to have a pessimistic stand on this. As a company, they too would be taking lot of effort to produce a phased out car that may not fetch them too much profits compared to other in business cars. The would have their set of problems. Fiat India should ensure they take up as much pain and also responsibility to make and deliver the Palios. This should be priority number 1 for them. Making a positive impression to loyalists is worth the effort.

I will wait for official communication. Good thing is they have set a good expectation about the time frame of delivery.
Old 18th August 2010, 23:05   #235
BHPian

Manikjeet, Karthik !

Any updates from your sources, or any news on what's going on at the top floors of Fiat offices, on this?
Old 19th August 2010, 07:26   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
Manikjeet, Karthik !

Any updates from your sources, or any news on what's going on at the top floors of Fiat offices, on this?
Not yet! I will try to gather some information today.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:52   #237
BHPian

Time to smile, people !!!

I just received a call from the office of the Customer Relationship Manager, Fiat.

The lady who spoke to me enquired, my date of booking and also about what has been communicated/promised so far by the dealer regarding delivery time. On knowing that, i have not received any communication from the dealer yet on this, she said she will be forwarding this case to some department(the name of which i don't remember) and they will get back in 48 hrs.

I asked her about the talks going on about this manyfacturing of Palios project being scrapped. She told me that there is nothing like that going on and she assured me that Fiat will deliver the car to me, whatever the circumstances.

Now that is some news and it already made my weekend.
Old 20th August 2010, 16:01   #238
Senior - BHPian

^ Thanks mate for the extra effort you have been putting to gather information from Fiat and lightening our hearts. I appreciate from bottom of my heart on behalf of off of them awaiting the Palio. I am sure it would make everyone's weekend, not just yours. Its more merrier to me as I am getting engaged this weekend

I haven't yet heard back from my source. I will keep everyone updated once I get any new information.
Old 20th August 2010, 16:14   #239
BHPian

Quote:
^ Thanks mate for the extra effort you have been putting to gather information from Fiat and lightening our hearts. I appreciate from bottom of my heart on behalf of off of them awaiting the Palio. I am sure it would make everyone's weekend, not just yours. Its more merrier to me as I am getting engaged this weekend

I haven't yet heard back from my source. I will keep everyone updated once I get any new information.
Thanks Karthik !

BTW i did not do much, just received this call out of the blue and that made it a real pleasant surprise.

And Hearty Congratulations, in advance, for your engagement. All the best for everything.
Old 20th August 2010, 16:19   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
And Hearty Congratulations, in advance, for your engagement. All the best for everything.
Many thanks! Ultimately what would make me the happies person is if Fiat delievrs tge car. The timing cant get any better. It should make it home around the time of my wedding. It would be a car that I would keep for very very long. I cant hope for a better gift than this.

Its not just about me, its about all of them waiting for this car. It would be celebration all around if the cars are really delivered. I have promised a treat to my close friends if all goes well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks